Insane 1950's Sci Fi Cult Expansion

*EPIC SUCCESS*

From Broadsheet.ie:

Insane 1950's Sci Fi Cult opens new brainwashing centre in Firhouse, Dublin.

From the article:

The new premises comes complete with a 1,100-seat ‘grand auditorium’, although the 2016 Census recorded 87 Scientologists in Ireland.

Mike Rinder, former Executive Director of Scientology’s Office of Special Affairs, describes the Ideal Org strategy as a “real estate, money making scheme and PR campaign for internal scientologists.”

250 Scientologists are being recruited from around the world to staff this new HQ.
I'd imagine a few bob has exchanged hands to ensure this went through smoothly.

Why are we allowing this insane cult to operate here, just because they bought off Bill Clinton in the US, doesn't mean they are not an insane cult.

Remember, this is the organisation who uses torture like tactics to get people to open up about their darkest secrets which are then used to ensure compliance. It's believe Tom Cruise and John Travolta admitted certain aspects of their lifestyle which might cause difficulties for them in the movie business where 'strong, heterosexual men' are the biggest earners.

This dirtbag here:

Actually detained his own father in a cult compound.

Remember, no matter your views of Islam, Christianity or Judaism, the mainstream branches of these faiths do not demand cash for deepening your membership, scientologist do.

Do a little googling about them - the 'scientology autopsy' is particularly distressing.

Keep these lunatics out should be our position. They are a criminal gang, nothing more.

(I fully expect this thread to have a very short lifespan due the moderators being clowns.)

pumpkinpie

Ah, but the Scientologists are a whole other kettle of lunacy. If they don't charge then who is going to pay to keep Tom Cruise in the style he's become accustomed to?

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Ah, but the Scientologists are a whole other kettle of lunacy. If they don't charge then who is going to pay to keep Tom Cruise in the style he's become accustomed to?
Think its the other way around. The rumour is that Cruise is gay and admitted as such on tape to them years ago. Now he hands over literally millions to them. Despicable if true.

Further excerpt from the report:

In a speech to the Australian Senate on 17 Nov 2009, Nicholas Xenophon labelled the Church of Scientology as a criminal organisation, making allegations of members experiencing blackmail, torture and violence, forced imprisonment, and coerced abortions.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

This site is run by FG, if anybody gets to close to telling the truth they get banned, well FG we will be waiting next election, we will settle up with you on the streets and in the polling stations.
Did they borrow money from you?

:confused:

pumpkinpie

Think its the other way around. The rumour is that Cruise is gay and admitted as such on tape to them years ago. Now he hands over literally millions to them. Despicable if true.

Further excerpt from the report:

It wouldn't surprise me, a lot of guys in the entertainment industry had to keep it hidden for a long time, I'd say some of the more high profile actors still do keep it hidden, possibly they are contracted to. His ex wife Katie Holmes has just gone public with her relationship with Denzel Washington, part of her divorce agreement meant that she couldn't have another partner for 5 years after their divorce, now that is f ucked up.

SideysGhost

Yeah all religions are made-up scams who mercilessly exploit the vulnerable, on some level. The thing is we know for sure Scientology is a made-up scam because the founder plainly admitted it and we have all the contemporaneous documentary supporting evidence necessary to prove that.

There is though something particularly ugly about how Scientology operates, even compared to some of the wackier and weirder old-school religions.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Yeah all religions are made-up scams who mercilessly exploit the vulnerable, on some level. The thing is we know for sure Scientology is a made-up scam because the founder plainly admitted it and we have all the contemporaneous documentary supporting evidence necessary to prove that.

There is though something particularly ugly about how Scientology operates, even compared to some of the wackier and weirder old-school religions.
Its a criminal gang, end of story.

I talked to a guy in the US several years ago about his experiences with them when he was younger. It was all before the web and he was a bit lost in life, drinking too much, recreational drug use etc. Luckily for him he smelled a rat early on and got out but he was quite rattled about his brief links to them for several years after.

One of the luckier ones I'd say?

razorblade

Scientology like any other religion is a brain washing cult which real people dont fall for.

pumpkinpie

I kind of envy people who are sure in their faith, well some faiths. But Scientology is just weird and yet it attracts so many people. Bizarre. I could do with a few quid, maybe I should found a cult.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Scientology like any other religion is a brain washing cult which real people dont fall for.
Not an accurate comparison. Have you ever heard of Parish Priests following ex Catholics around and harrassing them for not going to mass?

I know I haven't? Anglican Vicars bugging ex parishioners phones?

Hell, even the most fundamentalist Islamic clerics don't follow around apostates as a rule. Maybe some do, but there is no central authority coordinating it.

I kind of envy people who are sure in their faith, well some faiths. But Scientology is just weird and yet it attracts so many people. Bizarre. I could do with a few quid, maybe I should found a cult.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Almost exactly what the founder of scientology said.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

A proud racist.
See the post above? I highlighted the word Scientolophobes not racists.

Not sure what this has to do with race either but if all you have to offer is unwarranted insults and trolling then maybe best to not engage with you?

former wesleyan

Not an accurate comparison. Have you ever heard of Parish Priests following ex Catholics around and harrassing them for not going to mass?
I know I haven't? Anglican Vicars bugging ex parishioners phones?

Hell, even the most fundamentalist Islamic clerics don't follow around apostates as a rule. Maybe some do, but there is no central authority coordinating it.
petunia

SideysGhost

One of the luckier ones I'd say?
Yeah, he got off lightly. I know a family where the daughter got involved with them, then spent years trying to con the rest of her family out of all their assets, succeeding in getting a fair whack out of her (rather soft in the head) little brother before the rest of them intervened. Nasty bunch.

New Threads

Most Replies