Insidious use of public money?

Disillusioned democrat

Over the past few days I've noticed a few ad campaigns that make me wonder if it's really good use of public money, pointless virtue signaling or insidious social engineering at tax payers expense?

The two campaigns I've noticed are:

1 - the NTA campaign with photos on every bus in Dublin and
2 - the ad for the CSO (eh, why?) telling us all how underpaid females are despite the fantastic work of the government in getting them to work

So - are the Irish racist - maybe, I don't know, but is it worth plastering every bus with ads making us out to be racist at tax payers expense? and wht are the CSO advertising at all? And if they have to advertise, it's a bit fecking weird that their most important stat is that ladies are paid less than men.

Watcher2

Over the past few days I've noticed a few ad campaigns that make me wonder if it's really good use of public money, pointless virtue signaling or insidious social engineering at tax payers expense?

2 - the ad for the CSO (eh, why?) telling us all how underpaid females are despite the fantastic work of the government in getting them to work

So - are the Irish racist - maybe, I don't know, but is it worth plastering every bus with ads making us out to be racist at tax payers expense? and wht are the CSO advertising at all? And if they have to advertise, it's a bit fecking weird that their most important stat is that ladies are paid less than men.
Any links to the ads? I haven't seen them myself.

crossman

The CSO are advertising because they want people to respond to their surveys. Without such response they can't compile results. Its a pity they have to advertise but they must feel its necessary.

Buchaill Dana

1. There is enough racism to justify a campaign. I have zero problem with the NTA defending drivers from attack and letting us all know the gloves are off. Anyone who does etc.

2. While there may be better ways to go about it, they are reminding people to complete surveys. Which is their job.

In short, stop being cranky

Disillusioned democrat

The CSO are advertising because they want people to respond to their surveys. Without such response they can't compile results. Its a pity they have to advertise but they must feel its necessary.
Odd they didn't use the chronic increase in homelessness or those suffering from long term illnesses, or the spiralling of new Irish...

artfoley56

The NTA campaign is probably a bit of dodgy state aid as the bus advertising dwindles, its better to have posters on the side of buses.

the advertising campaign id like to have the info on is the TV license ads. RTE gets a budget each year and they should be paying for the ads themselves but it appears that the "govt of ireland" is funding them but to what level and what the quid pro quo is remains to be seen. maybe itll just be another leo appearance on DWTS or maybe FG are election planning.....

Disillusioned democrat

Any links to the ads? I haven't seen them myself.

Disillusioned democrat

....which will be accompanied by a large information drive....

This is about dem pesky wimmin and blacks, isnt it...?
Eh, no - it's about bizarre use of tax payers money to propound the idea that we're misogynist racists, while subliminally paving the way for more liberal claptrap.

Our politicians are literally pathetic - the debacle around the PSC is basically because they wanted to implement a national ID card without being seen to legislate for it, so they wanted to do it through the back door. Likewise, they don't have the balls to actually enforce equality or immigration so they spend our money to make use feel bad about ourselves.

SamsonS

I would look at the first in the same vein as the "Kick it Out" campaigns that have been part and parcel of football for many years, and I would guess its based on similar campaigns that have been run in other jurisdictions.

On the CSO, I would be a regular user of CSO site , but trying to make the CSO attractive to the wider public.....would strike me that's about someone in CSO looking at metrics like website visitors or social media followers and aiming to boost that.

Do I think its poor use of public money?, maybe in CSO case, but not in NTA case.

Buchaill Dana

Eh, no - it's about bizarre use of tax payers money to propound the idea that we're misogynist racists, while subliminally paving the way for more liberal claptrap.

Our politicians are literally pathetic - the debacle around the PSC is basically because they wanted to implement a national ID card without being seen to legislate for it, so they wanted to do it through the back door. Likewise, they don't have the balls to actually enforce equality or immigration so they spend our money to make use feel bad about ourselves.
So bus drivets aren't being attacked?

Disillusioned democrat

So bus drivets aren't being attacked?
If I knew what a drivet was I may have an opinion, but no, I haven't a clue, sorry.

This is about passengers - the Immigrant Council of Ireland is buying up 30% the advertising on Dublin Bus vehicles to make dye in the wool racists regret being racist - genius move.

Buchaill Dana

If I knew what a drivet was I may have an opinion, but no, I haven't a clue, sorry.

This is about passengers - the Immigrant Council of Ireland is buying up 30% the advertising on Dublin Bus vehicles to make dye in the wool racists regret being racist - genius move.
Reliance on being a smart arse to aviod the question. What a fascinating fellow you are.

Watcher2

Thanks, but after read the links your OP is quite misleading and sounds a lot like a shoulder chipfest. Lighten up, the weekend is almost here. Bring more light and happiness into your life.

Watcher2

I would look at the first in the same vein as the "Kick it Out" campaigns that have been part and parcel of football for many years, and I would guess its based on similar campaigns that have been run in other jurisdictions.

On the CSO, I would be a regular user of CSO site , but trying to make the CSO attractive to the wider public.....would strike me that's about someone in CSO looking at metrics like website visitors or social media followers and aiming to boost that.

Do I think its poor use of public money?, maybe in CSO case, but not in NTA case.
Reading the RTE piece on the CSO, they want more/better participation in their surveys, not really about the gender pay gap.

Rural

Tut, tut. Everyone knows what a "drivet" is -

drivet

Contents
Danish[edit]
Noun[edit]
drivet n
  1. definite singular of drive
Swedish[edit]
Adjective[edit]
drivet
  1. absolute indefinite neuter form of driven.

Clanrickard

Seems ok to me. They are asking people to give information which is badly needed. Accurate information means better government.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies