• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Inspiration Mars: The Thread to Follow the Historic Voyage in 2018.

ruserious

The World's first space tourist, Dennis Tito wants to part-fund a mission to fly past Mars in 2018. The year has been chosen because the allignment of the planets would allow the journey to be cut in half.

The journey will take 501 days and the cost of the mission is estimated at $1 billion.

Tito wants the astronauts chosen to be a married couple.

Taber MacCallum, who is chief technical officer or the project and might be a crew member, said that the mission was a "Lewis and Clark trip to Mars".
MacCallum said a middle-aged, husband-and-wife team would be sought for the journey, for both practical and symbolic reasons.

Dennis Tito's 'Inspiration Mars' Mission Would Send Married Couple To Red Planet (PICTURES)

So 501 days in a compact compartment the size of a motorhome with your partner. I can foresee many arguments along the way...

Should be exciting to keep up to date with the mission.

Any thoughts?

Rus.

Astral Peaks

Will the woman have the map?

If so, they are doomed.

ManUnited

The World's first space tourist, Dennis Tito wants to part-fund a mission to fly past Mars in 2018. The year has been chosen because the allignment of the planets would allow the journey to be cut in half.

The journey will take 501 days and the cost of the mission is estimated at $1 billion.

Tito wants the astronauts chosen to be a married couple.

Dennis Tito's 'Inspiration Mars' Mission Would Send Married Couple To Red Planet (PICTURES)

So 501 days in a compact compartment the size of a motorhome with your partner. I can foresee many arguments along the way...

Should be exciting to keep up to date with the mission.

Any thoughts?

Rus.
Do they have to be married to eachother? I'd like to volunteer my missus to go.

Riadach

Why a married couple, why not a couple who love eachother?

ManUnited

They could send two chimps and a woman..

"Flight control to chimp1: burn port thruster for 2 minutes"
"Flight control to chimp2: Check air pressure gauge"
"Flight control to Mrs.United: feed the chimps and don't fckn touch anything"

ruserious

Why a married couple, why not a couple who love eachother?
In his mind, it could be that he thinks a married couple would be more stable than a non-married couple which would be important for the mission.

Astral Peaks

I would. Hands down. What a legacy to leave behind. All I need now is a wife.
Hitch will sort that for ya, he knows some Swedes apparently? :D

Riadach

In his mind, it could be that he thinks a married couple would be more stable than a non-married couple which would be important for the mission.
I'm not sure you read into my statement enough :p

Anyway, if you want stability, you send lesbians!

westernyelp

I would. Hands down. What a legacy to leave behind. All I need now is a wife.
Really? I love the thought of doing it, but it would be a seriously risky mission, with a good possibility of not coming home. You would want to well prepared for that as a possible outcome.. not many people able to do that.

Astral Peaks

I'm not sure you read into my statement enough :p

Anyway, if you want stability, you send lesbians!
Stability? Lesbians? :shock:

You don't know many, do you?