Integration

Conor

Centurian said:
I do believe that anything is preferable to not reversing the neo-colonising of our country by economic migrants from tin-pot countries in the third world and eastern europe.
Even a fascist government (like dub006 proposed (which you agreed with))?

Conor

John McMahon said:
The children of illegal immigrants, including the children of asylum seekers, should not be granted Irish citizenship just because they were born in Ireland. This should be retro-active.
Why?

Conor

Centurian said:
So I suppose your brilliant idea is just to accept the neo-colonising of Ireland by waves of economic migrants from tin-pot third world and eastern european countries and "stand idly by" ? :mrgreen:
Do you have a better idea? If so, I haven't heard it yet.

Centurian

John McMahon said:
The OP seems to be questioning the right of Catholics to be Catholics. Why should Irish Catholics be inconvenienced just because foreigners have come to ireland - legally or illegally?

Illegal immigrants should not be deported. They should be executed. In order to avoid causing any embarassment to foreign governments, the trial of illegal immigrants should be in private and there should be no publicity for their convictions or executions.

"Illegal immigrant" includes illegal immigrants masquerading as refugees - i.e. asylum seekers. Asylum should be considered only for those who can prove that:-

a) they applied as soon as reasonably possible after arrival in the jurisdiction; and
b) Ireland was the first country to which they could reasonably have escaped (e.g. North Koreans jumping plane at the Shannon stop-over on the route from Cuba to Moscow); and
c) they have a well founded fear of persecution in every part of their country of origin.

Illegal immigrants or asylum seekers should never be given right of residence just because they had succeeding in breeding here. It should be withdrawn form those who have already been granted it.

The children of illegal immigrants, including the children of asylum seekers, should not be granted Irish citizenship just because they were born in Ireland. This should be retro-active.

Illegal immigrants and asylum seekers (including those granted asylum) should never receive Irish citizenship. Irish citizenship should be withdrawn from those already granted it.

There should be an unrelenting hard-line (a war, in fact) on these foreign gate-crashers.
Well said John - At last someone is talking sense ! . :D

WestDubliner

John McMahon

Hello ladies and gents.

Iam a long term viewer to Mr Cochranes excellent website.After viewing John McMahons latest reply concerning fraudalent asylum seekers I felt I had no option but to register.Do you honestly believe in private executions John?If you do you are one sick cookie.Out of sight out of mind aye?Adolf would be proud.

Regards to everyone else on P.ie

Kev

jetttxyz

......but I do believe that anything is preferable to not reversing the neo-colonising of our country by economic migrants from tin-pot countries
says Centurian to housewifey

.......or, maybe the Native Americans said this when they saw us coming over to the US

......or, maybe the Aborigines said this when they saw us landing in Oz

......or, maybe the Brits said this when we arrived in boatloads on their shores.

Conor

jetttxyz said:
......but I do believe that anything is preferable to not reversing the neo-colonising of our country by economic migrants from tin-pot countries

.......or, maybe the Native Americans said this when they saw us coming over to the US

......or, maybe the Brits said this when we arrived in boatloads on their shores.
Let's just hope the Poles don't try to wipe us out with smallpox-laced blankets or buy our best land with glass beads, like the Irish did in Britain.

WestDubliner

Conor said:
jetttxyz said:

Let's just hope the Poles don't try to wipe us out with smallpox-laced blankets or buy our best land with glass beads, like the Irish did in Britain.
:D

twtone

Centurian said:
This is MY COUNTRY and I'm going nowhere chum - least of all at the suggestion of wets like you.
Quite right. The Mass Immigrationists like that fascist myk want the Irish to leave the country in order to facilitate the planting of foreign settlers. It's a 21st century version of lebensraum. They're crypto-nazis, reverse racists.

I'm going nowhere, this is the land my forefathers fought for.

twtone

".......or, maybe the Native Americans said this when they saw us coming over to the US

......or, maybe the Aborigines said this when they saw us landing in Oz"

And note the horrors that failure or inability to resist Mass Immigration brought to those peoples.
You appear to think that these peoples suffered an injustice. Yet you want that injustice repeated in Ireland? If it was wrong once, and twice, why is it right now?
You're confused.

TheBear

<Mod>Moved to Culture & Community.</Mod>

John McMahon

" After viewing John McMahons latest reply concerning fraudalent asylum seekers I felt I had no option but to register. Do you honestly believe in private executions John?

Yes, but only for foreigners who came to Ireland uninvited. I see no point in causing difficulties for foreign governments whose citizens have been invading Ireland and getting what they richly deserve? The people of Ireland never voted for Ireland to become a multi-racial society yet one is being imposed on them.

"If you do you are one sick cookie."

Spare me the insults. Why are so many Free State folk unable to debate without resort to personal insult?

"Adolf would be proud"

A typical Leftie smear. It is all they have to offer on this subject.

P.S. You have still not apologised for discriminating against me on the Tallaght Stadium thread.

WestDubliner

John McMahon said:
" After viewing John McMahons latest reply concerning fraudalent asylum seekers I felt I had no option but to register. Do you honestly believe in private executions John?

Yes, but only for foreigners who came to Ireland uninvited. I see no point in causing difficulties for foreign governments whose citizens have been invading Ireland and getting what they richly deserve? The people of Ireland never voted for Ireland to become a multi-racial society yet one is being imposed on them.

"If you do you are one sick cookie."

Spare me the insults. Why are so many Free State folk unable to debate without resort to personal insult?

"Adolf would be proud"

A typical Leftie smear. It is all they have to offer on this subject.

Iam not a "leftie".First time I have ever been called one.But just for future reference,if you are talking about private executions for asylum seekers don't be so shocked when people compare you to Adolf.

John McMahon

Aggressivesecularist

"there are no concrete proposals yet as to how a 98% denominational system can be converted into something more like what the vast majority of parents seem to want "

Why are there none? To me the obvious answer is for secularists, Muslims, Jews, Prods etc to establish their own schools - assisted, of course, by the State to the same extent as Catholic schools are assisted. Assisted no more, assisted no less.

"i.e. a system that's about 50-50 denominational/non-denominational."

That suggestion would seem to mean that you are not seeking to coerce Catholics into sending their children to non-Catholic schools or into keeping them in those schools. I welcome this rare example of tolerance from a secularist.

"The church is still looking for a veto on religion teachers (which is effectively a veto on teacher recruitment, given that teachers teach everything in primary schools)."

Do you actually believe that Catholic children should be taught religion by people who are anti-Catholic? Is this a joke?

"The extraordinary dishonesty of people like David Quinn on the issue very much gets in the way of a civilised dialogue."

He is not my favourite person because of his stance on the rights of Ulster Catholics and of Palestinians. But I question your charge of dishonest on the denominational schools issue.

DaBrow

Success in this field is an utter complete Myth.

We are a nation that lived the good life for too long and ended up with 600,000 Foreigners who we cannot/will not provide services to.

That Time is over and we are now entering a recession that will weaken us more than ever before, Migrants who hold any form of job or even claim the dole in this country will be scapegoated as the reason for this downturn.

So far the relations are calm but they were never welcomed: just put up with, The Irish people never wanted all these people to just descend on this country and not in this short period of time.

There was no plan of action, no thought as to the long-term consequences in society and these people were naive to think anyone would really give a damn about them. Didn't they look at what is happening in Mainland europe? Holland, France, Britain even?

It's Only a matter of time before Enoch Powell's "Rivers of Blood" speech is mentioned here.

Mass Immigration is one of the most evil practises to happen in the history of the world since: The Famine, The Colonising of Ireland in 1170 and the slave trade.

Diasporas were created because of these practises and I think we should calling our people back..... Be an example of what can be done to reverse the damage this false ideal will cause

MichaelR

FutureTaoiseach said:
For other people, we need citizenship-tests, including the requirement to learn a certain amount about Irish history and values like democracy and freedom of speech.
A good idea but how will you fine-tune this ideologically? Islamism is clearly not acceptable - but how about a non-national who happens to be a Unionist and considers the "men of 1916" so many terrorists?

OK, that person is likely to settle up North and seek British citizenship instead. Here's a more realistic scenario. A conservative Catholic, from some place outside the EU (no Irish ancestry) settles in Ireland because of its remaining Catholic credentials. He obeys the law, etc., and in time duly applies for naturalization. His views on how Catholic civil law should be are worthy of McQuaid - ban divorce, contraception, enforce ne temere, etc - and by the way, he'd like to have McQuaid canonized. On the history exam he rails against the recent changes and extols the remaining spirit that can as yet have it all undone. Go, or no go?

This is no fantasy, I know people with such views.

Those non-nationals who engage in terrorist offences against the State or violent crime deserve to lose their Irish citizenship, as they have shown they are disloyal to Irish society.
Good idea again, but should not be overdone. Remove citizenship for some convictions but not for every single one. (Imagine losing Irish citizenship for drunk driving!)

We also need a ban on ethnic-based parties.
And rename Fine Gael into what?

jetttxyz

What's this thing 'Catholic schools'...or for that matter 'Jewish/Muslim/Protestant' schools?

Is there such a thing as Catholic Maths, Bhuddist Biology, Hindu Physics, Jewish Latin, Muslim Chemistry?

Of course, there isn't.

A school run by Catholics doesn't make it a 'Catholic' School.

Alexandra College is run by a Board of Governors and is supposed to be an 'Anglican' school; but, the overwhelming majority, of students, are allegedly Catholics.
I use the word allegedly because you'll find it very difficult to find baptised Catholics paying any attention to Catholic principles.
You'll be hard pressed to find baptised Catholic teachers, teaching Catechism in Catholic schools who practice what they teach.
Ergo....what's this thing about 'Catholic / Muslim/ Hind etc schools'?

These are unneccessary terms to segregate people.

John McMahon: you're into executions. this post does not apply to you because JC said 'love thy neighbour'; the Christian doctrine 'Thou shall not kill' etc What I'm getting at is you're a non-Christian ;)

John McMahon

jetttxyz said:
What's this thing 'Catholic schools'...or for that matter 'Jewish/Muslim/Protestant' schools?

Is there such a thing as Catholic Maths, Bhuddist Biology, Hindu Physics, Jewish Latin, Muslim Chemistry?

Of course, there isn't.

A school run by Catholics doesn't make it a 'Catholic' School.

Alexandra College is run by a Board of Governors and is supposed to be an 'Anglican' school; but, the overwhelming majority, of students, are allegedly Catholics.
I use the word allegedly because you'll find it very difficult to find baptised Catholics paying any attention to Catholic principles.
You'll be hard pressed to find baptised Catholic teachers, teaching Catechism in Catholic schools who practice what they teach.
Ergo....what's this thing about 'Catholic / Muslim/ Hind etc schools'?

These are unneccessary terms to segregate people.

John McMahon: you're into executions. this post does not apply to you because JC said 'love thy neighbour'; the Christian doctrine 'Thou shall not kill' etc What I'm getting at is you're a non-Christian ;)
I am not a Christain, I am a Catholic.

Yes, I approve of the death penalty. When a person is convicted of a serious crime, he should not be given a chance to commit another crime. Nor should taxpayers' money be used to keep him in prison. The cheapest place, and the most secure place, to keep a criminal is in a grave.

I do not want Catholic children sitting in the same classrooms as Prods. Nor do I want them in the clutches of Prod teachers.How dare you suggest that defenceless innocent Catholic children be delivered into the power of their enemies? How can you be so evil?

Centurian

Well said John - You're certainly The Voice Of Reason ! . :D

New Threads

Most Replies