• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Intel layoffs in Ireland

kerrynorth

This is not on any news item and there is no link for it but I am satisfied as to the source of this information. Intel are to commence what is alleged to be up to circa 1500 redundancies in Kildare with an intial layoff of 350. I don't know when it will be announced but I am satisfied that the information comes from a genuine source.

Catalpa

This is not on any news item and there is no link for it but I am satisfied as to the source of this information. Intel are to commence what is alleged to be up to circa 1500 redundancies in Kildare with an intial layoff of 350. I don't know when it will be announced but I am satisfied that the information comes from a genuine source.
KN

This bad bad news.....:mad:

cavok

Website
www.politics.ie
thats been coming for a long time now

no shock if its actually in motion.

Eorna

Damn, that is very bad news. Is there any breakdown on the voluntary vs compulsory type, although I presume that they will be the latter, given the average age of the company is quiet young. ( 35 I believe, is that correct)

conservative green

Translation: 'I read it on the Pin'. :rolleyes:

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Horrifying if true. Don't Intel alone account for 10% of our exports?

antagoniser

I just want to put it on record that I received information to the contrary a while ago, that Intel are actually planning further investment in Ireland. I don't question how genuine the person in question was but they wouldn't have been at the higher levels of the company's thinking.

mmrebel

Intel Corp. said Tuesday its first-quarter profit dropped 55% amid a weak market for personal computers, but the world's largest chipmaker topped Wall Street's forecasts for earnings and revenue.

The Santa Clara, Calif.-based company's net income totaled $647 million, or 11 cents per share, for the three months ended March 28, compared with $1.44 billion, or 25 cents per share, in the year-earlier period.
Intel's profit and revenue beat estimates, shares fall - Apr. 14, 2009

So they are not making enough profit and thats why they are letting people go

cavok

Website
www.politics.ie
Horrifying if true. Don't Intel alone account for 10% of our exports?
that 10% is responsible for part of our problems

The PS CS have been paying themselves and the social partners on the back of these trade anomalies

now we will see our true GDP

Agriculture and a few small industries thats what we have.

ZANU FF have not developed this country since the great Sean Lemass, shame on them

Digout

I just want to put it on record that I received information to the contrary a while ago, that Intel are actually planning further investment in Ireland. I don't question how genuine the person in question was but they wouldn't have been at the higher levels of the company's thinking.
I heard they are still very busy there, with possible investment coming in the future. Got this from somebody working in there.

antagoniser

I heard they are still very busy there, with possible investment coming in the future. Got this from somebody working in there.
Good to hear I'm not the only one, lets hope KN is wrong on this one. I hope Mary Coughlan doesn't go barging in, then we're truly ********************ed.

Digout

Good to hear I'm not the only one, lets hope KN is wrong on this one. I hope Mary Coughlan doesn't go barging in, then we're truly ********************ed.
If she does, Intel will leave Ireland. They can move whenever they want anyway, they have billions in cash reserves.

Cael

It will be a big blow for morale, as Intel was considered the symbol of "celtic tiger" Ireland.

ajax1000

bet the boys on the pin are realoly praying for a pullout. It will give them something more to talk about.