• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Interesting interview with Charles Manson.

GDPR

Its hard not to sympathize with him in this....

[video=youtube;zA-MxiTA6dE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA-MxiTA6dE[/video]

JacobVR

"Jesus is everywhere - it's a consciousness that lives in your mind" I know people think that sounds crazy, but I can completely understand and connect to what he's saying.

GDPR

Ouch I meant to post this and not discharge-

[video=youtube;H4uT6ou_ZGw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4uT6ou_ZGw[/video]

gatsbygirl20

Ouch I meant to post this and not discharge-

[video=youtube;H4uT6ou_ZGw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4uT6ou_ZGw[/video]
Save your sympathy.

The self-exculpating diatribes from this evil bastard tended to find a willing ear in the sillier outreaches of the late-sixties counterculture, where the "suits" were the bad guys, and every mad psycho, every conniving, rip-off artist and every evil fraudster was described as "a beautiful cat, man...groovy" .just as long as he looked the part and was fluent in the argot....

GDPR

Save your sympathy.

The self-exculpating diatribes from this evil bastard tended to find a willing ear in the sillier outreaches of the late-sixties counterculture, where the "suits" were the bad guys, and every mad psycho, every conniving, rip-off artist and every evil fraudster was described as "a beautiful cat, man...groovy" .just as long as he looked the part and was fluent in the argot....
I dont think he is a good person but I would be wary about giving that title to anyone who isnt a Catholic Saint. The fact is he didnt kill anyone and as he said himself he wasnt part of that generation. R C Zaehner, an Oxford Professor and a Catholic spent a large chapter discussing Charles Manson's ideas critically in his book The Savage God which I have ordered today, obviously he thought that there was more going on with him than just a simple fraudster.

gatsbygirl20

I dont think he is a good person but I would be wary about giving that title to anyone who isnt a Catholic Saint. The fact is he didnt kill anyone and as he said himself he wasnt part of that generation. R C Zaehner, an Oxford Professor and a Catholic spent a large chapter discussing Charles Manson's ideas critically in his book The Savage God which I have ordered today, obviously he thought that there was more going on with him than just a simple fraudster.
I have listened to Manson for longer than I should have....He is lying, wriggling on the hook, deflecting....
One of those late-sixties "prophets" who could glom onto you and make you believe that black was white....
I remember the type.
Manson was an extreme example.
He is discovered afresh by each new generation who fall for his blather and are taken in by his self-mythologising

drummed

I have listened to Manson for longer than I should have....He is lying, wriggling on the hook, deflecting....
One of those late-sixties "prophets" who could glom onto you and make you believe that black was white....
I remember the type.
Manson was an extreme example.
He is discovered afresh by each new generation who fall for his blather and are taken in by his self-mythologising
I'm going to wait for the Anders Brevik interview myself to hear his insights.

twokidsmanybruises

Actions count far more than words. He used words to manipulate others to horrific action. This cancels it any of his philosophising. Manson isn't an interesting, wise or enlightened person, he's only a case study of the holes in the hippy argument.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies