Interesting new candidate enters the fray in Limerick City

incredulous101

WTF is it with mustaches in Limerick. I would have thought that after Willie everyone would have shaved or worn a bag over their heads.

cricket

New face ? That one looks like an old showband b/w pic.

MichaelMac

If anything I hope this election sees the end of the gombeen. The likes of JHR and others should be shown the door and their potential replacements, from the parish pump of Limerick and other places should be ignored.

Fed Up

looks like a creep
And Bertie looked lovely. So by your logic you'll be voting for South?

Or are you confusing the GE with x factor?

cricket

If anything I hope this election sees the end of the gombeen. The likes of JHR and others should be shown the door and their potential replacements, from the parish pump of Limerick and other places should be ignored.
Agree completely .

former wesleyan

Is this a revival of the Maria Duce party ?

DCon

Owen South is very well known locally.

He has always had the Tash as far as I can remember.

MacO'velli

How will this affect Conor O'Donoghue and the Christian Solidarity Party???
Will the efforts with the car and bull horn need to be redoubled??

S

SeamusNapoleon

How will this affect Conor O'Donoghue and the Christian Solidarity Party???
Will the efforts with the car and bull horn need to be redoubled??
Was that the gobsh*te up O'Connell Avenue banging on about Lisbon???

MacO'velli

Was that the gobsh*te up O'Connell Avenue banging on about Lisbon???
Lol!! he probably was!!, i came across him around 2007, when he was driving around caherdavin with a speaker system on top of his car, it was difficult to make out what he was on about, but apparently he was canvassing for that years GE.

According to some friends of mine, he's also a regular letter writer on anti eu themes.

Think he lives near the LIT.

JoeHickey

Seán South of Garryowen's nephew may run for Dáil

Probably going to cut across SF most although Labour and the SP would also be impacted.
Owen South will not impact in Limerick, he will not impact on SF whatever about others.
no doubt his employers (Limerick Leader) will give him some nice publicity if he runs byt THB i'd be very surprised if he did run. Tom Ryan (Ex-Limerick Hurling manager) ran on this type ticket in 2002 and pooled poorly. South will poll less if he runs.

Last edited:

JoeHickey

Owen South will NOT be a candidate, story come from a pretty crap story from a crap newspaper (Limerick Post)

ymmek

Owen South will NOT be a candidate, story come from a pretty crap story from a crap newspaper (Limerick Post)
Yea i think you are right,it looks like we are going to have the smallest field for many years though its probable that some independent with more money than sense will give it a go.

JoeHickey

Yea i think you are right,it looks like we are going to have the smallest field for many years though its probable that some independent with more money than sense will give it a go.
I'm sure there will be a few additions before the off. Some guys just cant help themselves. Interesting XMAS add from Cllr John Gilligan in the Limerick Post today....hmmm

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies