Internet Stalker Jailed.

Rural

He harassed 6 women for 6 years, it's a welcome precedent -

"He accused them of being narcissistic attention seekers, self-obsessed and concerned with their own self-promotion, referring to their “twitter bubble” and suggesting that they don't care for others.

Doolin used the same insult twice with two different women telling them they were “as interesting as a bucket of water and as deep as the goldfish in it” and said in other messages “I love the middle class whiteist, the shiny white people”.

Sync

Could they not just have 'blocked' him?

Not on Twitter or FB so not familiar with the ins and outs of it all.
Might be a useful self realisation step to ask yourself why your first reaction to this is to ask why the victims allowed themselves to be victims...

Politics matters

There is already precedent on issues surrounding harassment in Ireland. Although perhaps the use of the internet is the reason Rural decided to start a thread on it.

Rural

There is already precedent on issues surrounding harassment in Ireland. Although perhaps the use of the internet is the reason Rural decided to start a thread on it.
I started a thread because it's news.

Show a link where sole Internet harassment has been prosecuted and jailed before in this country. I would also like to see some sort of punishment for teens harassing other teens in this country.

Six years of bullying is a long time and it should be punished, no matter who it happens to.

Politics matters

I started a thread because it's news.

Show a link where sole Internet harassment has been prosecuted and jailed before in this country. I would also like to see some sort of punishment for teens harassing other teen in this country.

Six years of bullying is a long time and it should be punished, no matter who it happens to.
You started the thread because you wanted to get a rise out of posters you disagreed with you on the 'Dublin Says no to Hate' thread.

There are several cases of harassment via phonecalls in Britain and Ireland.

Betson

The man only left his house twice in 17 years , obviously has issues himself but he got plenty of warnings to stop and still continued so action had to be taken.

Dearghoul

The man only left his house twice in 17 years , obviously has issues himself but he got plenty of warnings to stop and still continued so action had to be taken.
Have you been down to the shops yourself?

Rural

You started the thread because you wanted to get a rise out of posters you disagreed with you on the 'Dublin Says no to Hate' thread.

Get the fukk over yourself. I started the thread because it is news and relevant to any social media site/Twitter/Facebook/Politics sites and even having a work email address that is "Out There".

Imposing a custodial sentence on the man seems a bit excessive. It could be that the judge wants to convey a message to others.

The man obviously has serious mental health issues. Imprisonment is arguably the wrong direction to take.
I happen to agree with you there though. A prison sentence for this man is wrong, he needs psychiatric help bigtime.

Rural

Unlike some here I have a real life outside the interweb.

But judging by some of the interactions on this site I suspect some on here have very little experience of the outside world.
And like the lad Doolin who was jailed, you are deciding all of this in your own head.

I see.

Dearghoul

Get the fukk over yourself. I started the thread because it is news and relevant to any social media site/Twitter/Facebook/Politics sites and even having a work email address that is "Out There".

I happen to agree with you there though. A prison sentence for this man is wrong, he needs psychiatric help bigtime.
[/QUOT
Better that he's away from the net for a spell, he can go cold turkey.

Jo Cox's killer was a bit of a keyboard warrior if I remember right.

Dearghoul

I Respect ye’re right to insult me .
Ah my poor man, your attempts at trolling are met with the derision that they deserve, and mostly just ignored.

In your own head you're a Billy big boots troll, but in actual fact..

Jack Walsh

Internet Troll Jailed.

I wonder, under what 'user name' did the geezer post here on P.ie. ?

I can think of a couple of Trolls here, who might fit the bill !
I'd say its close to odds on, he has posted here.
He has many "all wimmin are bitches" incel bedfellows here for sure

Look at some of the numb nuts defending him here.

6 years harassing, stalking and abusing women with some of the most extreme and vicious threats imaginable, yet
"Custodial sentence is harsh"
FFS!

Golah veNekhar

There is a double edged sword to all this- "Libtards" are very often extremely nasty people. Self awareness is not one of their strengths.

New Threads

Most Replies