Investigation into who is trying to set up AGS Commissioner

*EPIC SUCCESS*

I've been trying without luck to find out where the current investigation into who is trying to stitch up Noirin O'Sullivan.

According to her:

Noirin O'Sullivan said:
Nothing has emerged in the last three weeks which in any way changes that situation. A campaign of false accusations, repeated and multiplied, do not make me guilty of anything.

I have made it clear that I was not part of any campaign to spread rumours about Sergeant McCabe and didn’t know it was happening at the time it was happening. I have repeatedly refuted that claim and do so again.
The easiest option for me would be to step aside until the Commission finishes its work.

I’m not taking that option because I am innocent and because An Garda Síochána, under my leadership, has been making significant progress, with the help of our people, the Government, the Policing Authority and Garda Inspectorate, in becoming a beacon of twenty-first century policing.
The idea that there is organised conspiracy against such a senior civil servant is chilling. From her own mouth she says that there is a 'campaign against her'. She uses the terms guilty and innocent as well.

But does anyone know:

Who is heading up this very important investigation?

When did it begin?

Who have they spoken to?

What is the estimated timeline?

Who will it be reported back to?

I'm sure you will all join me in wishing whoever it is that is carrying out this very important task gets all the help and support they need.

Perhaps she might also have a word with Denis O'Brien*, another completely innocent man who also had a smear campaign run against him? Maybe she will also get a magical memory stick to aid her!

:|

*(Maybe she could have a chat about that report, whats it called, the dusty one that wasn't going to be allowed sit on a shelf?)

corporal punishment

Oh, sarcasm. :D

Disillusioned democrat

What! Not at all.

Noirin has explicitly stated that there is a campaign against her! Are we to stand back and allow this to stand? I am sure that even now there is a top class investigative team on the case.
It's quite amazing what Irish people are supposed to tolerate - we have potentially a deluded and/or corrupt Garda Commissioner at the head of AGS because a bunch of political light-weights are more concerned about their careers than law and order in the state.

The average Guard on the streets has been pretty much told that whistle blowing is unacceptable, and that the weight of AGS will be thrown against you with impunity if you try to do the right thing.

Thank you for reminding me how badly this whole thing has been handled and how our politicians and Garda top brass despise the average citizen of the state.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

It's quite amazing what Irish people are supposed to tolerate - we have potentially a deluded and/or corrupt Garda Commissioner at the head of AGS because a bunch of political light-weights are more concerned about their careers than law and order in the state.

The average Guard on the streets has been pretty much told that whistle blowing is unacceptable, and that the weight of AGS will be thrown against you with impunity if you try to do the right thing.

Thank you for reminding me how badly this whole thing has been handled and how our politicians and Garda top brass despise the average citizen of the state.
Unless there is an actual investigation into this, it might leave the more cynical among us thinking that the commissioner doesn't feel the need to investigate it.

Why?

Surely this is a matter of national importance? Surely this should have some real heavy hitters involved.

If not, why not?

Its all rather bizarre, to say the least.

im axeled

What! Not at all.

Noirin has explicitly stated that there is a campaign against her! Are we to stand back and allow this to stand? I am sure that even now there is a top class investigative team on the case.
whis has/is going to get this gig

Catalpast

The Law is the Law

- and NOS is entitled to be considered innocent until proven Guilty...

She is doing the right thing by refusing to 'step aside'

If she did her career would be over.

Let her accusers come forward before the Commission of Inquiry

- and submit their stories to cross examination......

TheWolf

The Law is the Law

NOS sat beside callinan when he called McCabe 'disgusting'.
She quite obviously agreed with that statement.

She's as corrupt as any of them but FFG will do their best to save her.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

The Law is the Law

Sorry, but which thread are you referring to? I'm talking about the obviously important issue of investigating who is trying to do a good woman down here?

No suggestion of any impropriety on her behalf, not one iota.

I am merely wondering about the investigation, where it is at, who is heading it up and so on.

You must agree that the deliberate targeting of such a senior public servant is something we should all be concerned about.

Catalpast

NOS sat beside callinan when he called McCabe 'disgusting'.
She quite obviously agreed with that statement.

She's as corrupt as any of them but FFG will do their best to save her.
I do not believe her to be corrupt

- if so she would be looking at a Jail sentence

There is not shred of evidence to suggest that NOS is guilty of anything

- if there is

- then produce it....

TheWolf

I do not believe her to be corrupt

- if so she would be looking at a Jail sentence

There is not shred of evidence to suggest that NOS is guilty of anything

- if there is

- then produce it....
You seriously want people to believe that the top cop in the country knew nothing?

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwismdjq5p7SAhUJIMAKHUAMD4wQFggZMAA&url=http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/maurice-mccabe-to-sue-tusla-over-sex-abuse-file-1.2970148&usg=AFQjCNG1MgAJD03JNLszLFVVIFSnvSfabA&sig2=BInpkJ0VM54eD9Z0DZ01MQ

Corrupt or incompetent, which is it?

Catalpast

Sorry, but which thread are you referring to? I'm talking about the obviously important issue of investigating who is trying to do a good woman down here?

No suggestion of any impropriety on her behalf, not one iota.

I am merely wondering about the investigation, where it is at, who is heading it up and so on.

You must agree that the deliberate targeting of such a senior public servant is something we should all be concerned about.
I am very concerned about it

The forced resignation of the Commissioner of An Garda Síochana

- that was bases on rumour and innuendo

- would be a very bad day indeed in the History of this State.

Disillusioned democrat

The Law is the Law

In fairness she claimed she was being targeted, so as head of AGS she has a duty to investigate this and provide evidence. It's untenable that as a nation we could have our head of law and under under a potential threat of coercion.

Let's face it - the anecdotal evidence is stacked against her, the ToI is a kick to touch until after the crap ministers have "retired", so the people of Ireland are supposed to be happy that, on the balance of probablity, we're now being policed by a bully who will have 2 years to cover her tracks from the highest law enforcement office in the land.

Last edited:

*EPIC SUCCESS*

I am very concerned about it

The forced resignation of the Commissioner of An Garda Síochana

- that was bases on rumour and innuendo

- would be a very bad day indeed in the History of this State.
So you are in agreement with me then that a criminal investigation should be opened (if not already) to find out from where and from who this campaign is originating?

We need to prove Noirin's innocence in the face of this malice do we not and show those who think they can target an innocent person only trying to serve the public as best they can, that this country is one of law and justice.

Watcher2

What! Not at all.

Why are you inserting yourself into an active Garda investigation/enquiry?

Catalpast

Perhaps you should read this before you say anything more...

Eleven years after she made an allegation of sexual assault against Garda whistleblower Sergeant Maurice McCabe, the woman whose complaint is at the centre of an alleged smear campaign wonders when she can begin the rest of her life.

In 2006, she made an allegation of sexual assault against the Cavan-based garda,

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/when-can-i-can-get-on-with-my-life-woman-at-centre-of-mccabe-case-1.2981315

Catalpast

So you are in agreement with me then that a criminal investigation should be opened (if not already) to find out from where and from who this campaign is originating?

We need to prove Noirin's innocence in the face of this malice do we not and show those who think they can target an innocent person only trying to serve the public as best they can, that this country is one of law and justice.
A criminal investigation would only be conducted if AGS had a reasonable suspicion that a crime had been committed

I do not believe anyone is suggesting that one has

Whether people acted in a professional and acceptable manner as employees of the State

- is another matter

amsterdemmetje

In my opinion NOS guilty of incompetence and gross negligence like those who came before her they ignored the deep shortcomings of rank and file in the AGS. Its nearly 10 years now since Silvia Roche Kelly was killed due to more incompetence and Keystone antics of Gardai .Her husband Lorcan says that no one from the Gardai to DOJ has came near him to explain what happened ,gutless cúnts the lot of them including every "so called"Commissioner and Minister for Justice that's stood in that office and allowed this ongoing saga with MMC to continue.

From LRK.
"‘To get that admission [in the latest report] has taken nine years. ‘The gardaí decided to approach their own failings by denying the failings existed at all… This is nine years later and I’ve never had any guard come to me to try and explain what happened. I’ve never had anyone from the Department of Justice come to me… I have no faith in the gardaí at all.’"

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Why are you inserting yourself into an active Garda investigation/enquiry?
Oh so there is one? Great! Do we have details about it?

Although I'd hardly call opening a thread 'inserting yourself', I'm just worried that all the focus is on that McCabe fella and who is looking out for Noirin?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies