• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Iowa Supreme Court allows gay marriage

Iowa? Wouldn't have guessed that one to be number four.

Cue Patrick Bateman etc. to mouth off about perversion and the homosexual agenda

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
Dunno about perversion, but I would have assumed gay marriage was part of any homosexual agenda?
(Although in my anecdotal experience, gay friends seem to be largely apathetic on the matter, most of them preferring to be treated equally in law rather than getting hung up on the term 'marriage'.)

I agree with you that getting bogged down in semantics does detract from the equality argument.

Simbo67

The "marriage" thing is unfortunate because it conjures up images of two guys/girls walking down a Church aisle.

NeilW

Yay. Another gay marriage thread. I can see this ending well. In 500 posts time.

Conor

Dunno about perversion, but I would have assumed gay marriage was part of any homosexual agenda?
Yep, right after Homosexual Minutes and Homosexual Matters Arising.

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
Yep, right after Homosexual Minutes and Homosexual Matters Arising.
Homosexual minutes? How very disappointing. One would have hoped for longer.
And homosexual matters arising? Oo-er.

/Gets coat.

Defeated Romanticist

Well it looks like it will be on the books until at least 2012
Not necessarily. A constitutional convention could be called in 2010 and a vote could be held on it in 2011.

The governor, Culver, did not come out in favour of the ruling, my guess is that he is waiting to see the lie of the land, but Iowa is not Massachusetts. It could vote Republican. My guess is is that the likes of Culver know this. He has a 55% aproval rating and is up for re-election.

Defeated Romanticist

Vermont has joined the list to-day. Ofcourse the people won't get a vote on it.

Roll_On

2 years on and the state of Iowa remains firm in it's commitment to equality.

Mercurial

Except that the voters got rid of a bunch of the pro-equality judges for their perceived 'activism'.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies