• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

IRA/SF supporter policies

Is SF/IRA Eurosceptic and economically void?

• Total voters

Harpey

Well honestly I think that SF is full of tossers with nothing other than criticism for real parties, actually formulating policies, and thinking what is BETTER FOR IRELAND AND ITS INHABITANTS.No SF/IRA usually hanker back to destructive rantings about a united ireland, and oppression. But how about economics, and european unity? Go ahead

Badnarik_Eire

They have a full list of policies, very ironic some of them too espechally the ones on justice.

smiffy

Website
cedarlounge.wordpress.com
Re: SF/IRA supporter policies

Harpey said:
Well honestly I think that SF is full of tossers with nothing other than critism for real parties, actually formulating policies, and thinking what is BETTER FOR IRELAND AND ITS INHABITANTS.
Aren't political parties supposed to formulate policies, and think what is better for Ireland and its inhabitants, or is your ambition surpassing your literacy again?

pluralist

Harpey, I would just like to say I totally object to the thread title. The order is totally wrong, it should be IRA-SF, not SF-IRA.

CJH

"The problem with SF/IRA is that they dislike the EU for the wrong reasons."

They are fairly similar to the reasons espoused by Veritas. National sovereignity and all that. I know they like to wrap it up in anti-capitalist garb but that's what it comes down to

mjcoughlan

Website
www.bebo.com
CJH said:
"The problem with SF/IRA is that they dislike the EU for the wrong reasons."

They are fairly similar to the reasons espoused by Veritas. National sovereignity and all that. I know they like to wrap it up in anti-capitalist garb but that's what it comes down to
Sovereignty is not a dirty word. I'm certainly Eurosceptic as I feel that the democratically elected representatives of the Irish people are quite capable to make decisions on behalf of this country. Foreign politicians are not qualified to make political decisions for Ireland.

SF also oppose the EU but they view it as something it clearly is not - i.e. a bastion of global capitalism. They support economic protectionism and disregard the impact that would have on us all as individuals.

mjcoughlan said:
They support economic protectionism and disregard the impact that would have on us all as individuals.
As opposed to the effects of free markets on third world economies.

"Im allright Jack"

Badnarik_Eire

Actually it's because there is no free trade with the third world that is causing many of their problems.

Martin

mjcoughlan said:
Sovereignty is not a dirty word. I'm certainly Eurosceptic as I feel that the democratically elected representatives of the Irish people are quite capable to make decisions on behalf of this country.
I agree with you in this Mark. Democratically elected representatives must be allowed represent their constituents directly.

mjcoughlan said:
Foreign politicians are not qualified to make political decisions for Ireland.
Yes, british ministers have no real comprehension of the Irish psyche and should never be trusted to make political decisions for any part of Ireland.

mjcoughlan said:
SF also oppose the EU but they view it as something it clearly is not - i.e. a bastion of global capitalism.
Of course the EU is a capitalist agenda. It will result in similar outcome to that of the us, a clear division of wealth with the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

mjcoughlan said:
They support economic protectionism and disregard the impact that would have on us all as individuals.
So what impact would this have on us all as individuals Mark?

Jim84

SF is politically weak. If McDowell was smart enough to realise that the party is politically vulnerable on policies and their stance on criminality. Attack them politically not cheap shots, and good sound bites about the IRA. But on the streets and at the doors … show them up for what they truly are, opportunists!

SF/IRA is was the DUP call SF, I've no love for them either (SF), but using the same jargon of Ian Paisley is hardly going to erode into the core support that SF hold.

I'm pleading to members this site that other attacks on SF be on a political basis only. Other wise we are just galvanising their core support and making it harder and harder for FF and Labour to win back the voters they've lost.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Jim84 said:
SF is politically weak. If McDowell was smart enough to realise that the party is politically vulnerable on policies and their stance on criminality. Attack them politically not cheap shots, and good sound bites about the IRA. But on the streets and at the doors … show them up for what they truly are, opportunists!

SF/IRA is was the DUP call SF, I've no love for them either (SF), but using the same jargon of Ian Paisley is hardly going to erode into the core support that SF hold.

I'm pleading to members this site that other attacks on SF be on a political basis only. Other wise we are just galvanising their core support and making it harder and harder for FF and Labour to win back the voters they've lost.
Jim, while I fully realise that you have no love for Sinn Fein, and that you are perfectly entitled to your opinion, I must commend you on whats one of the most sensible posts against Sinn Fein that I have seen on here since I started. Your damn right aping Paisley will have no effect other than to galvanise SF and the people supporting us. If a Paisley didnt exist, we;d have to invent one. Thank you Michael Mc Dowell.

As for winning back the Labour vote and FF vote, whatever about FF, Labour hasnt the guts, nor the brains for the fight. Southern version of the SDLP. If your a Labour supporter Jim, please explain to me what hitching your wagon to a declining FG will do for you? Nothing. But then again you can sing the Frog Chorus, i.e. ye'll all go down together Bom Bom

Badnarik_Eire

There already several threads on SF policy I think this was just a rant by Harp due to the FG thread.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Badnarik_Eire said:
There already several threads on SF policy I think this was just a rant by Harp due to the FG thread.
yeah harpey told lies on a thread about the South Armagh constituency having a turnout of 105% and when he was actually told to put up or shut up, he started this thread. Funny because when he was asked to provide a policy platform from FG, he was unable to do so

jjcarroll

Website
www.semper-idem.eu
rockofcashel said:
Badnarik_Eire said:
yeah harpey told lies on a thread about the South Armagh constituency having a turnout of 105% and when he was actually told to put up or shut up, he started this thread. Funny because when he was asked to provide a policy platform from FG, he was unable to do so
Why do people always presume that when someone gets something wrong, they lied? It seems to be a common tactic of SF posters on this website. People get things wrong, imagine that. The first assumption should be an honest mistake, not a lie. Poor form.

Badnarik_Eire

I'm confused why he asked for a SF economic policy when there is a HUGE thread on it in the SF section, in which, to my total shock you gave detailed and specific answers.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
jjcarroll said:
rockofcashel said:
Badnarik_Eire said:
Why do people always presume that when someone gets something wrong, they lied? It seems to be a common tactic of SF posters on this website. People get things wrong, imagine that. The first assumption should be an honest mistake, not a lie. Poor form.
Actually JJ it wasnt as simple as that. Harpey made a statement which was off the wall regarding voter turnout. When this was refuted by Ireland (with independent back up evidence) harpey continued to insist that he was right. Only when he was unable to back up his own argument did Ireland and subsequently myself accuse him of lieing. I think if you go through the relevant threads, you will see we were justified

jjcarroll

Website
www.semper-idem.eu
We'll Ireland has a track record of accusing people of lying with no basis in fact, so I am incline to disbelieve his honesty.

Possibly you are right, but I always believe in giving the benefit of the doubt, and not jumping to conclusions. If you believe a lie, and retell it, you are not in my view, lying, just misinformed and wrong.

DOD

mjcoughlan said:
The problem with SF/IRA is that they dislike the EU for the wrong reasons.
No that would be the PDs.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies