• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Iran : how it deals with it's rogue bankers

gerhard dengler

The Supreme Leader of Iran has upheld the death sentence for 4 bankers and that several other bankers have been sentenced to life imprisonment in a $2.6m fraud.

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran's state prosecutor says the country's Supreme Court has upheld death sentences against four people linked to a $2.6 billion bank fraud described as the biggest financial swindle in Iran's history.

Gholam Hossein Mohseni Ejehei says the four were convicted of being "corrupt on earth" for "disrupting" the country's economy. He says the court has ordered the verdict to be carried out but no date has been set.

Ejehei is quoted by the official IRNA news agency as saying that two banking officials have been sentenced to life in prison while 19 others, almost all of them senior government officials, were given prison terms ranging from 2 to 20 years. Their trial last year raised questions about corruption at senior levels in Iran's tightly controlled economy

Iran court upholds 4 death sentences over fraud - Yahoo! News

Ireland could do with similar legislation and sentencing policies.

General Urko

And we are still doffing our caps to the tossers who caused a 65 billion plus interest issue, our grandchildren will have to finishing paying!
I would not punish our lads with the death penalty but they have caused many to commit suicide and destroyed the lives of many others!
Iceland has an ex Pm doing a bit of porridge and it's more than proper order!

anewbeginning

Superficially, the Iranian solution is appealling, however this is also a country that hangs homosexuals and flogs victims of rape...I could be wrong about the last one though..suffice it to say, I don't think the Iranian justice system is a model to follow.

gombeennation

The Supreme Leader of Iran has upheld the death sentence for 4 bankers and that several other bankers have been sentenced to life imprisonment in a $2.6m fraud.

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran's state prosecutor says the country's Supreme Court has upheld death sentences against four people linked to a $2.6 billion bank fraud described as the biggest financial swindle in Iran's history.

Gholam Hossein Mohseni Ejehei says the four were convicted of being "corrupt on earth" for "disrupting" the country's economy. He says the court has ordered the verdict to be carried out but no date has been set.

Ejehei is quoted by the official IRNA news agency as saying that two banking officials have been sentenced to life in prison while 19 others, almost all of them senior government officials, were given prison terms ranging from 2 to 20 years. Their trial last year raised questions about corruption at senior levels in Iran's tightly controlled economy

Iran court upholds 4 death sentences over fraud - Yahoo! News

babarians.
and a clear cut example of what would happen if we did the same.
we would turn into iran - and start stoning gay people.
is that what you want?
is it?
why dont you go an live there if you think its so great.
iran fears risk taking entrepeneurs thats why they have this medievil justice system.

// this message was brought to you by the letters F,G and by the word Lab.
// beaten to my third point in my post by "anewbeginning" :lol:

Last edited:

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Call me a limp-wristed liberal but I think the less we ape fascist theocracies the better.

hiding behind a poster

Superficially, the Iranian solution is appealling, however this is also a country that hangs homosexuals and flogs victims of rape...I could be wrong about the last one though..suffice it to say, I don't think the Iranian justice system is a model to follow.
Probably not a great idea when your economy depends heavily on foreign investment, either.

gombeennation

Probably not a great idea when your economy depends heavily on foreign investment, either.
tru dat.
ECB released a strong statement today about fingers and seanie.
the gist of it was that if either of these saw jail they would immediately cut off da moneyz.

// im sick that i didnt include the foreign investment line in my first post :cry:

Grey Area

Think again!

BlackLion

Don't forget that it is legal to stone women in Iran but illegal to pick the wrong stone. Too big to kill her in one go or too small to do no damage.

Truth.ie

Do you have any examples of Iranians being hung for being gay in the last decade?

Truth.ie

Homosexuality is never the primary charge.
There are always primary charges, (murder, rape etc) and then supplementary charges of "lavat" sodomy.
In your first link it states they were charged with robbery and kidnapping.
The two guys in the video (2nd link) were actually charged of abducting a 13 year old boy, raping him, beating him, leaving him to die....and sodomy.
Peter Tatchell hijacked the case after receiving false and misleading information from Iranian opposition figures.
He was blasted by Amnesty and Human Rights Watch for putting genuine cases in jeapardy by issuing false information.
There are reports of dozens of gay men being arrested in parties etc in Iran and released after a few days.
Those who are killed tend to have extra charges of rape or murder.

Last edited:

Feckkit

The Supreme Leader of Iran has upheld the death sentence for 4 bankers....

...Ireland could do with similar legislation and sentencing policies.

You're crossing a line here Gerhard.

Are you advocating premeditated state murder?

It would appear so.

gerhard dengler

You're crossing a line here Gerhard.

Are you advocating premeditated state murder?

It would appear so.
My OP was to illustrate how draconian measures are taken in some jurisdictions for financial crimes which are minute compared to the banking debacle that took place here and for which no banker has, 4 years after the fact, been held accountable in court as yet.

Do I advocate capital punishment? No.
Do I advocate more draconian censure for corrupt/cheating/lying bankers in Ireland? Yes.

Grey Area

There are always primary charges, (murder, rape etc) and then supplementary charges of "lavat" sodomy.
The two guys in the video (2nd link) were actually charged of abducting a 13 year old boy, raping him, beating him, leaving him to die....and sodomy.
Peter Tatchell hijacked the case after receiving false and misleading information from Iranian opposition figures.
He was blasted by Amnesty and Human Rights Watch for putting genuine cases in jeapardy by issuing false information.
There are reports of dozens of gay men being arrested in parties etc in Iran and released after a few days.
Interesting points.

Feckkit

My OP was to illustrate how draconian measures are taken in some jurisdictions for financial crimes which are minute compared to the banking debacle that took place here and for which no banker has, 4 years after the fact, been held accountable in court as yet.
Okay, fair enough, if that was your intent, but that was not what I read:

Do I advocate capital punishment? No.
The Supreme Leader of Iran has upheld the death sentence for 4 bankers ~SNIP~ Ireland could do with similar legislation and sentencing policies.
That's what I read...^^^

Do I advocate more draconian censure for corrupt/cheating/lying bankers in Ireland? Yes.
Agreed.

Crazy horse 6

And we are still doffing our caps to the tossers who caused a 65 billion plus interest issue, our grandchildren will have to finishing paying!
I would not punish our lads with the death penalty but they have caused many to commit suicide and destroyed the lives of many others!
Iceland has an ex Pm doing a bit of porridge and it's more than proper order!
I would. Off with the fukers heads if you ask me. For far to long we have been a servile race full of cap doffers to the elite.

Crazy horse 6

Unfortunately many buy into the western lead war mongers spin about the Iranians. Fact is they know how to deal with corruption,criminals and murders over there. Here we give them playstations in prision and huge pensions for the ones that ruined our society. Which is the backward race i wonder?