Iraq to hang British ISIS fighters?

GabhaDubh

“The punishment, as much as it seems strong, will effect the security of your Country”, spokesperson Abdul Sattar Beraqder said it was “Possible” fighters with UK passports would face the death penalty. Iraq’s Supreme Judicial Council said it is protecting Britain by setting an example for other potential British Jihadist’s. Great way around England’s lack of Capital Punishment and also send a message to any European Jihadist in training. The question for England, where are the 850 fighters that left.

Alphonse

Iraq should sue the British government for allowing the development of these groups in the first place.

recedite

The French considered stripping them of citizenship in 2016, but then decided it would be unconstitutional.

Then later, opted for a policy of killing them instead.
Abdelghani al-Assadi, a top commander in the Counter-Terrorism Service, said the Iraqis had an understanding with France that they would mop up the jihadists to prevent them from returning home. “We will prevent as much as possible any French person leaving Mosul alive,” he was quoted as saying.Our aim is to kill them so that no one from Daesh can flee.
Makes sense.

GDPR

Good news although they're not British.
Interestingly enough in England Christians are much more likely to consider themselves solely English as opposed to British while as Muslims are more likely to identify as British. This annoys my sister who is a DUP voter no end.

enuffisenuff

I'd say that's fair enough for them

silverharp

difficult to get too upset about this, Don't do the crime if you cant do the time.

Gaston

And?

Well, we are told often enough that we cannot impose "our values" onto other cultures as to do so is wasist or something.

So, shut the fck up those of you complaining you bunch of racist bastards and mind your own business!:)

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

The question for England, where are the 850 fighters that left.
God knows but hundreds have been allowed back in already. One of them was housed beside a primary school. Another went back to his former job stacking shelves in Tescos. God knows where the rest of them are at.

[video=youtube;_VAl7YnYr3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VAl7YnYr3Q[/video]

GabhaDubh

Interestingly enough in England Christians are much more likely to consider themselves solely English as opposed to British while as Muslims are more likely to identify as British. This annoys my sister who is a DUP voter no end.
Sunday dinner at the Et Fides sounds like fun.

GabhaDubh

God knows but hundreds have been allowed back in already. One of them was housed beside a primary school. Another went back to his former job stacking shelves in Tescos. God knows where the rest of them are at.

[video=youtube;_VAl7YnYr3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VAl7YnYr3Q[/video]
Assuming a 50% mortality/capture/loss of enthusiasm after the destruction of the Caliphate, that still leaves 425 fighters with combat experience. If the small cell IRA units caused their level of destruction what can these returning Jihadist inflict.

Clanrickard

Hang 'em high habbibi!

firefly123

I believe they should be released back into the community.

The Shia community.
Problem solved

sgtharper

I believe they should be released back into the community.

The Shia community.
Problem solved
That solution does have a certain elegance to it, I have to say. :lol:

Most Replies