Ireland by the numbers

controller

Apologies if this has already been posted.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy6e31wI6Qg&feature=player_embedded#]YouTube - Ireland by the numbers[/ame]

It's not all doom & gloom.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA6iBKc0O0E

Last edited by a moderator:

Dev__

There was some useful information albeit all positive.

It didn't feel like I was imparted a balanced outlook. There is a tendency for articles and pieces to focus either exclusively on the good or the bad.

Luigi Vampa

There was some useful information albeit all positive.

It didn't feel like I was imparted a balanced outlook. There is a tendency for articles and pieces to focus either exclusively on the good or the bad.
Agree, that IBEC video was stick you head in the sand stuff. The same outfit that is desperately trying to drive down employees wages, yet maintain the wealthy lifestyle of the connected. The root cause of our rot and corruption must be dealt with, then we can rebuild a proper country on sound foundations.

athlonedub

You can't be posting any good news like that. Have you not explored the rest of the site?? It's just not the done thing.........

Luigi Vampa

two points.

1. That IBEC video was factual.

2. With a head like yours, sticking it in sand might be the best option you have.
1. Quoting only selective facts to suit your own agenda. I didn't hear the video mention SCAMA, the bailouts and FF corruption ?

2. Spectacular fail at being able to debate the issue

consultant

Some Positives For a Change

Sometimes we can overlook our achievements.

This puts the benefits of low Corporation Tax into perspective and maybe explains why our 'friendly neighbours' want it gone.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA6iBKc0O0E]YouTube - Ireland by the numbers[/ame]

Luigi Vampa

Smacks of this again. Sort the corruption out then we can talk happy pills

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjGSfuSQpA]YouTube - I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide - Bertie Ahern[/ame]

'Sitting on the sidelines, cribbing and moaning is a lost opportunity. I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide because frankly the only thing that motivates me is being able to actively change something,' July 2007

consultant

Excellent thread, thank you.
The thanks should go to IBEC. This deserves broad exposure.

I'm not a fan of IBEC normally, but I admire this effort. (Almost said 'commend' but remembered in time Lenihan's slant on that term!)

Luigi Vampa

The thanks should go to IBEC. This deserves broad exposure.

I'm not a fan of IBEC normally, but I admire this effort. (Almost said 'commend' but remembered in time Lenihan's slant on that term!)
What do you think of IBEC trying to drive down everyone's wages, and reduce the dole because they cant get people to work for less than it ?

IBEC would like us all to work for Chinese wages, while they keep charging European prices.

Sync

/MOD/ Merged /MOD./

hmmm

Contrary to what FF spin doctors would like to think - You can’t talk an economy down or up. Only real economics does that.
You can actually. I'm not defending the property and government cheerleaders of the boom who lied to people, but confidence is an integral part of any economy. Driving people to despair is of no benefit to anyone, we need gritty realism to prevail.

Luigi Vampa

You can actually. I'm not defending the property and government cheerleaders of the boom who lied to people, but confidence is an integral part of any economy. Driving people to despair is of no benefit to anyone, we need gritty realism to prevail.
Bullshítting doesn’t create a real economy, you would think you’d have learned that by now.

New Threads

Most Replies