• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Ireland considered as risky as Argentina

Dreaded_Estate

At 12.30 according to CMA Ireland was considered as likely to default as Arentina. As well as having the distinguished honor of being 4th riskiest country in the world.

Now I know we "turned the corner" a few months ago but did Biffo or Lenihnan check with anyone if we were headed in the right direction?

cozzy121

A terrible insult to the people of Argentina, to be lumped in with the gombeen irish who chose a man like corrupt-bertie to lead them.

Squire Allworthy

There is strong economic growth in Argentina, a trade surplus, and many of the fundamentals are a lot more promising than in Ireland. So expect Argentina to slip further.

smitchy2

There is strong economic growth in Argentina, a trade surplus, and many of the fundamentals are a lot more promising than in Ireland. So expect Argentina to slip further.
After many years of suffering, a massive re-adjustment downward in living standards and many citizens lost a vast chucnk of their deposits overnight.
Not somewhere to be admired but where we will probably be heading.

HarshBuzz

Don't cry for me Jean Claude Trichet
The truth is we blew your Euros
Bulgarian apartments
and X5 behemoths
You're in charge now
Good luck, you'll need it

HarshBuzz

:)
Do you think thats it, HarshBuzz, is it curtains-time?
OK, I know I like to express myself in a fairly gnomic way but here is an unequivocal answer for once; "yes"

Nothing that this (or any other) Irish government can do will make any difference to the inevitability of EU\IMF intervention early next year. April is my best guess.

It's too late and has been so since September 2008. Everything that has happened since then has just confirmed the continuing journey towards the unavoidable end.

HarshBuzz

That sounds catchy.
the inbred, thick as sh!t voters of Tipperary or Kerry* would surely elect him if he made enough bullsh!t promises

*(offence intended Lowry and H-R voters)

Cassandra Syndrome

Popular Threads

Most Replies