• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Ireland Exit

Clanrickard

Poll: Should Ireland hold a referendum on leaving the EU?

The Journal says there is a new group set up called Ireland Exit campaigning for a referendum on EU membership for this state. Has anyone heard or seen anything about this group? Can't find anything on the net. I would certainly be interested in listening to them.

Clanrickard

69% don't even want a referendum. Have to say, I am surprised.
With a political establishment and media in hoc to the cult of more Europe are you surprised? That number would come down with a properly targeted campaign.

Congalltee

There is zero chance of Ireland voting to get out of the EU. There a danger the EU leaves us, if a core group press ahead with monetary and banking union, United army, and political union.

The peripherals should take a stand and not just indicate that they don't want to be part of it but will block any further integration by anyone else, unless it is bilateral.

Since we are viewed as a uk satelite, we should jointly announce what arrangements we intend to have for the 480km border (ie no change, since neither country will police it) and we should indicate that regardless of what is imposed between the eu26 and the U.K., that free trade will continue (and both governments will subsidise industry and services to that end). The city of London and ifsc will be a joint hub (if unequal one).

We need to take a stand before our legs are cut from under us.

Gin Soaked

And that is the Journal's reasldership, who are at best a lot younger and may (ahem) lean disproportionately to the nutter left and SF. (Shinners, note i draw a distinct line).

A more representative poll would be even more pro staying in the EU.

johnnypockets

And that is the Journal's reasldership, who are at best a lot younger and may (ahem) lean disproportionately to the nutter left and SF. (Shinners, note i draw a distinct line).

Although in Britain the younger people were more pro Europe

Clanrickard

True the journal readership is younger but they tend to be right on types who may be more pro-EU than the population.

Clanrickard

commonman

69% don't even want a referendum. Have to say, I am surprised.
In the last 10 year the only time things were done right in the country . was when the Troika were running the place. we are still not fit to govern ourselves. what would it be like if we were out of the EU.

Mad as Fish

johnnypockets

In the last 10 year the only time things were done right in the country . was when the Troika were running the place. we are still not fit to govern ourselves. what would it be like if we were out of the EU.
This is the biggest reason I am pro EU. I know we don't get a fair deal compared with the bigger countries but its a better deal than the scumbag politicians give us at home.

Mad as Fish

Look at the link ya clown. You know, the one in the OP. :lol:
Doesn't actually say that unless you engage with the poll yer pillock.

Any publication that can use the term 'centre leaning' hasn't really got it's faculties switched on anyway, from which side is it leaning?

Mad as Fish

This is the biggest reason I am pro EU. I know we don't get a fair deal compared with the bigger countries but its a better deal than the scumbag politicians give us at home.
You are a total loser, did you always bend down when the priest told you to?

johnnypockets

Doesn't actually say that unless you engage with the poll yer pillock.

Any publication that can use the term 'centre leaning' hasn't really got it's faculties switched on anyway, from which side is it leaning?
You made an idiot of yourself...yet again. Run along now :lol:

Mad as Fish

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies