Ireland in 2040, Your Thoughts?

stopdoingstuff

But we're not in France which is a target for historical reasons and I'm not defending those attacks at all.

We don't know what the future holds for any of us but assuming we're all going to be overrun with mad Muslims intend on destroying us is OTT.
I am assuming nothing more than most demogrpahic projections are assuming. There will be 58 million Muslims in Europe by 2030, they will mostly concentrate in cities, and they will be close to a majority in many of those cities.

Nor am I assuming that the Muslims will be "mad" and intent on "destroying" us. The simple fact of their non-integration will be enough to erode the social capital necessary for us to function as a society- every time the Muslims seriously protest any major issue, weak Western leaders capitulate like the bunch of pussies that they are. Even if not one shot is fired, parallel societies will develop, as they are now doing and as they have done in virtually all cases for the last 1,200 years where Muslims have lived in close proximity to non-Muslims. If you can explain why this time will be different, by all means do.

And all of that is before we contemplate the likelihood of violence and radicalization.

Last edited:

GDPR

I am assuming nothing more than most demogrpahic projections are assuming. There will be 58 Muslims in Europe by 2030, they will mostly concentrate in cities, and they will be close to a majority in many of those cities.

Nor am I assuming that the Muslims will be "mad" and intent on "destroying" us. The simple fact of their non-integration will be enough to erode the social capital necessary for us to function as a society- every time the Muslims seriously protest any major issue, weak Western leaders capitulate like the bunch of pussies that they are. Even if not one shot is fired, parallel societies will develop, as they are now doing and as they have done in virtually all cases for the last 1,200 years where Muslims have lived in close proximity to non-Muslims. If you can explain why this time will be different, by all means do.
"Social capital" in Ireland? The land of the Mahon tribunal and the Ryan report?

Its not that I doubt your fear of a fragmented Europe in which Muslims are the enemy within, I am sure you hold that view sincerely, and it is a great source of distress to you as you envisage the future, I am merely amused by your "intellectual borrowings" :)

General Urko

I'm too old to be taking that kind of risk - Limerick is a place to pass through not stop and ask quetions.
I used to refer to Limerick as Paris on The Shannon, in light of recent events, I now refer to Paris as Limerick En Seine!:cool:

stopdoingstuff

"Social capital" in Ireland? The land of the Mahon tribunal and the Ryan report?

Its not that I doubt your fear of a fragmented Europe in which Muslims are the enemy within, I am sure you hold that view sincerely, and it is a great source of distress to you as you envisage the future, I am merely amused by your "intellectual borrowings" :)
There is plenty of social capital in Ireland. We would not rank where we do on the HDI index if there was none.

As for the future, I will relax when someone convinces me that there is a reason to think that this time it will be different. The overwhelming weight of historical and contemporary evidence is on my side, and I can't ignore that.

GDPR

There is plenty of social capital in Ireland. We would not rank where we do on the HDI index if there was none.

As for the future, I will relax when someone convinces me that there is a reason to think that this time it will be different. The overwhelming weight of historical and contemporary evidence is on my side, and I can't ignore that.
There is a certain amount of capital in Ireland now which may lead you to believe there was ever something called social capital.

As for your profound intimations about the future, well, they seem the typical products of the current zeitgeist.

Conventional stuff.

stopdoingstuff

There is a certain amount of capital in Ireland now which may lead you to believe there was ever something called social capital.

As for your profound intimations about the future, well, they seem the typical products of the current zeitgeist.

Conventional stuff.
It is an interesting discussion actually. Just taking a big picture view, the two biggest items of government expenditure are health and welfare. I am kind of proud of that.

General Urko

It is an interesting discussion actually. Just taking a big picture view, the two biggest items of government expenditure are health and welfare. I am kind of proud of that.
Well it's probably the case in most OECD countries, but most OECD countries would have the equivalent of free at point of access or for a nominal fee, medical care for all their citizens and also I don't think many would have a 23% functionally illiterate adult population, unlike us!

General Urko

TBH I'm extremely skeptical about these sorts of surveys, especially with our placing on them and bear in mind that I live in The BMW region which is the black sheep relative to The pale and very much so and we have much worse weather than The East Coasters!
There was one based on a very long term study and covering a lot of markers, which had a thread here recently. It suggested Ireland was in the top 10 and all the usual suspects were ahead of us Canada, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Austrailia, The Netherlands, Norway and New Zealand. I made one simple point which really puts pussy amongst the pigeons - of all the countries which came ahead of us and of the around 170 which came behind us including The UK and Germany and The USA and Japan, how many of them had a tradition, as happened in the 80s when I was a teenager and during the downturn, where the equivalent of 60-70% of a living cert year would run of it because they hadnt a prayer of having a decent life in it!
In fact during the 80s, it was probably running at 100% of a leaving cert class, though others would have ran when some LCs would have remained! And of course the answer was absolutely none, so these international comparissons re Ireland are complete Bull Shyza and nothing else!

General Urko

IMHO Within 3 -5 years max -

We are highly likely to be the next country to have a Bailout forced on top of us again, let's face it our Government of whatever hue will willingly accept further rape of us by The EU/MF Imperialist Filth!

It's obvious, they will chance it again down the line - we have beyond insane property prices, scheduled now to rise by 20% over the next 3 years at least, until they go backwards, interest rates that can only go up, energy prices on an upward trajectory, no more QE post 2019, recession probable in The UK and us suffering more from Brexit than anyone including The Britz themselves!

And this time, ya know, it really really will be different!

Last time out there was some slack and the political shytebag class had a bought off very cooperative trade union movement.

This time there will be no slack left and the collaboration of trade union scum will mean nothing, the shytebags will have to address the Public sector neptocratic kleptomania and unfortunately they will also destroy the welfare state!

Oh and one things for absolute sure, there will be blood on the streets this time and quite a bit of it!

General Urko

Well any more offers on this one?

HarshBuzz

Well any more offers on this one?
we'll be a cold version of Singapore (at least Dublin will)

and we'll erect a border wall to keep the ravening hordes of hungry Brits out!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies