• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Ireland in EU's Bottom End - Best & Worst Places for Expats in 2016

RodShaft

What does the survey actually measure ?

Gobildy gook ?
Vietnam is 11th.

Is "Me love you long time, ten dollar" a metric?

ruserious

This study is seriously flawed if Nigeria is seen as preferable to Greece.

eoghanacht

Another anti-immigrant thread, oh wait, you're on about white English speaking "ex-pats".

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
I've lived and worked in Taiwan. It's nice enough, but not nearly as nice as the expat scene in Thailand or Japan. So, unless the survey is about beef noodle soup (Taiwanese beef noodle soup is a wonder) it's a load of auld sh1te. Dublin actually has a fairly vibrant ex-pat scene.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Also missing is Chile. Yep, this survey is off.

silverharp

the cost of living is the main down factor I'd imagine

Karloff

I hope they publicise this in Syria, Turkey, SE Europe and North Africa.

Roll_On

Mexico number 4?? mother of divine Jésus. With the exception of a few gated communities you need your'll living license.

danger here

I suspect this, like a lot of these 'ex pat' surveys, is based on how wealthy one can become as an investor, briber ect in these places. Malta is a nice place for a holiday but has a terrible quality of life with chronic pollution, terrible transport and unproductive workforce, yet it's #2 here. At the same time Uganda is ahead of Finland...

GDPR

I've lived and worked in Taiwan. It's nice enough, but not nearly as nice as the expat scene in Thailand or Japan. So, unless the survey is about beef noodle soup (Taiwanese beef noodle soup is a wonder) it's a load of auld sh1te. Dublin actually has a fairly vibrant ex-pat scene.
So you found life as an immigrant good in Japan? Why is Taiwan bad for immigrants?

Polly Ticks

Mexico number 4?? mother of divine Jésus. With the exception of a few gated communities you need your'll living license.
Ah here... Depends where you go... lived in Mexico City and never had a bit of trouble despite being of the pasty-faced Irish persuasion; ditto Merida. Mexico is a bit like the US in terms of being more like a continent than a country...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies