• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Hitchcock

Test status this year. Good times ahead for cricket. Great credit is due to cricket Ireland for their work over the last few years.
It's a great development and overdue but it will be exceptionally difficult to compete, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have all struggled at test cricket since admission for various reasons.

Ireland's struggles in recent times are worrying, our player base is very, very small.

RodShaft

Cricket is in the same place as basketball. It is a little understood minority sport in Ireland, but with a faithful group of die hard followers. Good luck to them, but they live in a bubble.

razorblade

No interest in cricket cant make head nor tail of it, they look like they're running around like a bunch of headless chickens.

GDPR

No interest in cricket cant make head nor tail of it, they look like they're running around like a bunch of headless chickens.
Are you confusing soccer with cricket? Cricket involves a lot of standing around.

GDPR

Last edited:
Last edited:
Cricket isn't a patch on the worlds most popular sport, not even close.
But, to someone who does not know the rules, soccer players do run around like a bunch of headless chickens. Lots of action etc. Cricket is a much slower game, that's why countries in hot climates (India, West Indies, Australia etc.) enjoy it.

razorblade

But to someone who does not know the rules soccer players do run around like a bunch of headless chickens. Lots of action etc. Cricket is a much slower game, that's why countries in hot climates (India, West Indies, Australia etc.) enjoy it.
Dont they run after they hit the ball and to catch it after the batsman hits or am i mistaken, im probably thinking of baseball i dont know dont they do that in cricket as well.

Nitrogen

Did I read somewhere that Kilkenny used to be a cricket stronghold until they discovered hurling?

GDPR

Dont they run after they hit the ball and to catch it after the batsman hits or am i mistaken, im probably thinking of baseball i dont know dont they do that in cricket as well.
Baseball and cricket are similar in that both use bats and a ball, and hitting and catching the ball, but otherwise not very similar. At all.

GDPR

Brilliant game.

As for the twats on here who don't like it because they think it is posh and English, tell that to the Aussies, mate :)

RodShaft

Brilliant game.

As for the twats on here who don't like it because they think it is posh and English, tell that to the Aussies, mate :)

I was one of those die hard obsessive fans while Merv Hughes was intimidating opponents. It was fabulous to watch.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom