Ireland is undergoing a 'Baby Boom'

Partizan

This is the effect of couples who are no longer working every hour God sends them and suddenly have rediscovered a concept called intimacy.

Furthermore in times of gloom, our libido increases as the instinct to procreate is evoked by our sub conscious fearing the worst.
+1

When 1 or both partners are on the scratcher they have alot more time on their hands so along comes little Patrick/Pawel 9 months down the line.

People will always take to the bedroom in good times and bad.

I say lets be spreadin' the lovin' ;)

Not quite accurate. In France the problem they are having is that not enough middle class people are having kids. The birthrate is high amongst the immigrant population.

The issue isn't just numbers, but who is having the kids.

...which is why it's of vital importance to ensure that all citizens have full and equal access to education and healthcare regardless of ethnic background.

bob3344

We have handled our immigrant population marginally better then France, they've shoved a lot of their immigrants into tower blocks and ghettos with an unholy amount of social problems. The majority of our immigrants are hard working people with family values. The Polish community in Ireland have assimilated very well, I can't see it being much of a problem.
I know the Poles have integrated well, I have no problem with them at all.

The issue for the French is that they have taken too many muslims who seem aggrieved wherever they are.

But for us the fact remains that if the only people having large families are low/no income Irish families & immigrants, you will have problems down the line.

The gov needs to introduce tax breaks for working parents & also needs to look at creche fees.

seabhcan

The issue for the French is that they have taken too many muslims who seem aggrieved wherever they are.
In fairness to the muslims in France, most are aggrieved because the Frence actually do treat them badly. Its well known that a muslim name, or particular address, on the top of a CV will not get you a job.

I know the Poles have integrated well, I have no problem with them at all.

But for us the fact remains that if the only people having large families are low/no income Irish families & immigrants, you will have problems down the line.

The gov needs to introduce tax breaks for working parents & also needs to look at creche fees.

Of course, we all know who the anxious parties were the last time there was widespread concern at the breeding rates of the Catholic Irish peasant underclasses.

In fairness to the muslims in France, most are aggrieved because the Frence actually do treat them badly. Its well known that a muslim name, or particular address, on the top of a CV will not get you a job.
Same could be said for Darndale or Tallaght.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org

hj simpson

"Poverty goes hand in hand with higher birth rates, contradictory though that sounds" Having had twins last year I can confirm that the prices of baby products are pushing us towards poverty!!

Ecoguy

Great - taking everything else into account we appear to have gone back to 1981 in this country:rolleyes:

sport02

Today's Evenning Herald headline 'Maternity hospitals in crisis'
The National Maternity Hospital in Dublin that catered for upto 6,000 babies a year ten years ago, is now at levels of 10,000 a year.

Anybody that visits a Dublin maternity ward in Dublin will know that the proportion of immigrants having babies is higher than the proportion of immigrants in the city.

The evenning herald as a caption of five white babies in the report, surely it should reflect reality and have asian and black and roma babies in the picture to show the real story of the baby bom.

Now the young celtic tiger Irish may have lost their jobs and have other things to do in their spare time more often, we cannot afford to pay for excessive welfare immigrant babies.

Cassandra Syndrome

Don't worry folks, the radiation from the Fukushima plant will have us sterilised by the summer mating season.

deirdrem

Whats the ethnic mix of these kids being born. Was in the rotunda last week, a lot of the preggers mothers were chinese and eastern europeans.

I reckon the baby bubble is caused because of the influx of young people from abroad in the last few years. Most immigrants would have been in their child baring years.
Just as a matter of curiosity, what age should an immigrant be to bare a child?
Would that be different from the age of native child-barers?

Maybe we could start an industry baring children ... oh, wait, that would probably be illegal!

factual

Today's Evenning Herald headline 'Maternity hospitals in crisis'
The National Maternity Hospital in Dublin that catered for upto 6,000 babies a year ten years ago, is now at levels of 10,000 a year.

Anybody that visits a Dublin maternity ward in Dublin will know that the proportion of immigrants having babies is higher than the proportion of immigrants in the city.

The evenning herald as a caption of five white babies in the report, surely it should reflect reality and have asian and black and roma babies in the picture to show the real story of the baby bom.

Now the young celtic tiger Irish may have lost their jobs and have other things to do in their spare time more often, we cannot afford to pay for excessive welfare immigrant babies.
Racism - nothing else.

All people are entitled to equality.

sport02

Racism - nothing else.

All people are entitled to equality.
Someone voices a concern and the 'R' word is branded, I prefer the other 'R' word. I am not a 'Racist' I consider myself a 'Realist' there is a difference.
Problem is the lefties can't distinguish between the two.

The fact of the matter is the proportion of foreigners in Dublin maternity wards out numbers the foreigners in Dublin. Some of these immigrants are breeding like rabbits. Welfare babies is what it is.

factual

And who is to pay the Bill for this then Factual?

What is 'Racist' about pointing out something that is the realm of the bleedin obvious?:rolleyes:
Public services free at the point of use financed by progressive tax on those able to pay.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies