Ireland is undergoing a 'Baby Boom'

factual

Gerry Adams once stated: all are welcome whether thave been here 400 years or 4 months. And it is that kind of welcome that we as Irish people ought to give to others, after all we have been on the getting end of hospitality down the years when we emigrated.

sport02

Gerry Adams once stated: all are welcome whether thave been here 400 years or 4 months. And it is that kind of welcome that we as Irish people ought to give to others, after all we have been on the getting end of hospitality down the years when we emigrated.
Well Factual you have hit the nail on the head, sure if Gerry Adams said that, well lets listen to those words of wisdom. The leader has spoken, I am in awe, you have completely changed my attitude within seconds, what was I ever thinking, for the great leader has spoken.

Lord Muck Savage

We are fast becoming another Britain, now the blackest country in the EU.

Catalpa

Gerry Adams has not a friggin clue what's happening in Dublin and is another out of touch member of the Political Establishment.

His stance on Immigration has cost his Party tens of thousands of votes in urban areas of the Capital City.

eoghanacht

Paddy has no job.

Paddy gets bored.

Bored Paddy = Horny Paddy.

eoghanacht

Gerry Adams has not a friggin clue what's happening in Dublin and is another out of touch member of the Political Establishment.

His stance on Immigration has cost his Party tens of thousands of votes in urban areas of the Capital City.
Has it?

You know this how?

Let me guess you only have to look into your own heart to know the minds of the Irish people :roll:

idle tim

Picked up my mixed race nephew today from Gaelscoil,he greeted me as gaeilge to which i replied and i was slighly embarressed when he pulled me up on my pronunciations.:oops:

sport02

Picked up my mixed race nephew today from Gaelscoil,he greeted me as gaeilge to which i replied and i was slighly embarressed when he pulled me up on my pronunciations.:oops:
I think that is brilliant, it is good we can have a level of multi-culturism in our capital and country The problem is the excessive amounts, the illegals, the welfare tourists, everything in moderation.

eoghanacht

Anecdotal i know but, 8 year old Russian girl joined my nieces class less than three months ago. Not a word of English, in that short space of time she's nearly fluent in English and has bypassed the rest of her class in Irish.

God damn foreigners destroying our heritage :roll:

deiseguy

It will be interesting to see how many children per family who started to have children over the past 15 years. From my observation purely anecdotal I would think it might be closer to 3 children per family than 2 at this stage. Or maybe it's just everyone I know is at it like rabbits.

Fra_south_Derry

It will be interesting to see how many children per family who started to have children over the past 15 years. From my observation purely anecdotal I would think it might be closer to 3 children per family than 2 at this stage. Or maybe it's just everyone I know is at it like rabbits.
Although from the 6 counties and your refering to the south my wife is expecting her second baby and I'm 27 and yes we both have jobs.

It's important to have families as they are the bedrock of society and also to stop demographic timebook that is ticking in Europe.

Trampas

As SF (however fancifully deluded) now sees itself as a govt. party then how could an SF Minister for Finance possibly bring in a budget in circumstances where "all are welcome" ?

THR

I don't think that anyone who is having children is remotely interested in the future population of the country or if there are enough tax-payers. People have children because they want to have children. It is very possible that a large proportion of the children born today in Ireland will emigrate when they reach adulthood.

THR

How many people have you met who have been in Ireland for 400 years?

ArtyisBack

Although from the 6 counties and your refering to the south my wife is expecting her second baby and I'm 27 and yes we both have jobs.

It's important to have families as they are the bedrock of society and also to stop demographic timebook that is ticking in Europe.
Absolutely

THR

I can imagine how couples have conversations like:

"I think we need to have a child as the population of the country is so alarmingly low",

"yes darling, and not to mention the looming pension-crisis in 40 years time. It is our civic duty to contribute to the population-growth"

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies