Ireland is undergoing a 'Baby Boom'

Dub guy

Anecdotal i know but, 8 year old Russian girl joined my nieces class less than three months ago. Not a word of English, in that short space of time she's nearly fluent in English and has bypassed the rest of her class in Irish.

God damn foreigners destroying our heritage :roll:
I had a similar experience myself in school. When I was 10 a guy joined our class in Dublin, over from England (returned emigrant Irish parents). Without a word of Irish on day one, within months he was the best in the class!!

Hooch

I can imagine how couples have conversations like:

"I think we need to have a child as the population of the country is so alarmingly low",

"yes darling, and not to mention the looming pension-crisis in 40 years time. It is our civic duty to contribute to the population-growth"
"I suppose a ride is out of the question?"

Eire4ever

The result of our wacky leftist laws on residency. Foreigners come here, get pregnant first thing and so they can stay forever. I 'd say a good 60-70% are immigrants.
Nothing wrong in theory about it , it's just if you give a shit about irish identity and culture in the future. We're diluting our own race down to vanishing point. We are a small population and cannot sustain this crazy amount of immigration.
Disappointed no one had the balls to raise this issue at the last election. Too afriad of being bullied by the immigration extremists in the media and government

THR

I'm sure that all sensible people think that families should be supported but these debates on baby-booms inevitably go at one stage or another to the direction of people who have children calling those people who don't have children and have no intention of ever having children as freeloaders, shallow, selfish etc and phrases like "who's gonna pay for your pension/look after you when you're old?" etc blaablaablaa are abound. That is bloody offensive and very unconstructive. All the best to those who have children but some of them don't understand that that life is not suitable for everyone and everyone's choices in life should be respected..

Eire4ever

I think that is brilliant, it is good we can have a level of multi-culturism in our capital and country The problem is the excessive amounts, the illegals, the welfare tourists, everything in moderation.
right on the money mo chara. Anything is good in moderation. Food, drink and even multiculturalism.

I had a friends over from the USA last summer and took them around Ireland for the week. They remarked how "un Irish " Ireland had become from the last time they were here 15 years ago.
Felt embarrassed to take them anywhere. Ireland is seen as a soft touch for immigrants and we'll see the massive social/racial issues it creates in the not too distant future. I think we have one of the highest immigrant proportions per capita in the world now. I have no source for this, just common sense. island Irish Irish= roughly 6 million
immigrants on island=1.5-2 million???

Eire4ever

I don't think so. 600,000 is closer to the truth. There are not a lot of immigrants in NI.
i'm in the 6 counties alot for work, particularly Belfast. Alot of lithuanians, poles and Belfast has a rediculous amount of chinese. A country with 1 billion that claims to be a "superpower" bombards a tiny island nation...madness
I have foreign friends and think diversity is healthy, just think anything can get out of hand and would like to see it controlled, purely on patritic grounds.
Love my people and love my country. Know that's a bit outdated maybe a bit idealistic for this brave new Ireland..but hey...thats how I see it.

THR

This thread has somewhat been side-tracked but if we return to the topic of the thread, the news only suggests that in countries where the birth-rate is lower there is a better availability of contraceptives or a less dismissive attitude towards them.

factual

i'm in the 6 counties alot for work, particularly Belfast. Alot of lithuanians, poles and Belfast has a rediculous amount of chinese. A country with 1 billion that claims to be a "superpower" bombards a tiny island nation...madness
I have foreign friends and think diversity is healthy, just think anything can get out of hand and would like to see it controlled, purely on patritic grounds.
Love my people and love my country. Know that's a bit outdated maybe a bit idealistic for this brave new Ireland..but hey...thats how I see it.
Its maybe just in places. On the whole the % of the population ethnic minority in six counties is about 2% at most. Very low.

Spirit Of Newgrange

Someone voices a concern and the 'R' word is branded, I prefer the other 'R' word. I am not a 'Racist' I consider myself a 'Realist' there is a difference.
Problem is the lefties can't distinguish between the two.

The fact of the matter is the proportion of foreigners in Dublin maternity wards out numbers the foreigners in Dublin. Some of these immigrants are breeding like rabbits. Welfare babies is what it is.
+1

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies