• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Ireland is World's Friendliest Country - say Lonely Planet.

freedomlover

A huge boost for the tourist industry. Ireland has topped a list of the World's Friendliest Countries in a survey drawn up by the Lonely Planet travel guide group. The survey found that visitors to Ireland are always 'in for a treat' and with 'The Troubles' ended, 'a cautious optimism reigns supreme, infecting the land once again with the sense that anything's possible'. Obviously, many of the posters on Politics.ie were not included in the survey, but its still excellent news.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1017/tourism.html

Twin Towers

Re: Ireland is World's Friendliest Country - say Lonely Plan

freedomlover said:
Obviously, many of the posters on Politics.ie were not included in the survey, but its still excellent news.
What are you talking about? Feel the love here :lol:

The OD

freedomlover said:
A huge boost for the tourist industry. Ireland has topped a list of the World's Friendliest Countries in a survey drawn up by the Lonely Planet travel guide group. The survey found that visitors to Ireland are always 'in for a treat' and with 'The Troubles' ended, 'a cautious optimism reigns supreme, infecting the land once again with the sense that anything's possible'. Obviously, many of the posters on Politics.ie were not included in the survey, but its still excellent news.

Go f**k yourself.....

;)

(Better be careful with my use of asterisks, dont want Colonel Myers on my case.)

Ard-Taoiseach

It's great to hear, and ties nicely with our title as the world's best country in which to live. We're truly a great country.

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane

The OD said:
Go f**k yourself.....

;)

(Better be careful with my use of asterisks, dont want Colonel Myers on my case.)
or Colonel Cochrane!!! :x

Ard-Taoiseach

David Cochrane said:
[quote="The OD":1zf5us6g]

Go f**k yourself.....

;)

or Colonel Cochrane!!! :x[/quote:1zf5us6g]

Colonel? Are you styling yourself after Gaddaffi now? have you got the women bodyguards yet/

The OD said:
freedomlover said:

Go f**k yourself.....

;)

Wouldn't it be so nice if he joined us for regular debate.

The OD

905 said:
The OD said:
freedomlover said:

Go f**k yourself.....

;)

Wouldn't it be so nice if he joined us for regular debate.
We could get him, John Waters, Fintan O'Toole and a few other know it alls and have a mass debate cos their all a bunch of w*****s......

For the record freedomlover, I'm only obviously joking, I'm a very nice person in real life.

(Best run before Col. Cochrane notices this.....)

joel

The OD said:
We could get him, John Waters, Fintan O'Toole and a few other know it alls and have a mass debate cos their all a bunch of w*****s......

For the record freedomlover, I'm only obviously joking, I'm a very nice person in real life.

(Best run before Col. Cochrane notices this.....)[/quote:ltkceh37]

The trouble with these columnists is that have to search around for things to say to fill their quota - so they come out with any old crap, the more contraversial the better. There should be a mass-cull of them.

joel said:
The OD said:

The trouble with these columnists is that have to search around for things to say to fill their quota - so they come out with any old crap, the more contraversial the better. There should be a mass-cull of them.[/quote:3bvhxe4z]
But they're sooo funny. Did you read Kevin's eulogy of Tony Ryan yesterday? Or his gibberish about wicked, base gays?

CookieMonster

David Cochrane said:
Only at the weekends Ard.....
I worry about you sometimes. I really do.

I've oft hear people moaning about how rude and horrible the people in shops or people in general are in this country.
It leaves me wondering if I'm living in a different country. While I don't always get service with a smile I could count on one hand the times I've been subject to people being rude. And when that does happen they regret it afterwards!
I think the survey, it tells the truth.

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
Are "the troubles" over? Jeepers but the Lonely Planet are bang up to date aren't they.

The yellow bible is still crucial but I'd go with the Rough guides most of the time when traveling. Got about 12 of them.

joel

905 said:
joel said:
The OD said:

The trouble with these columnists is that have to search around for things to say to fill their quota - so they come out with any old crap, the more contraversial the better. There should be a mass-cull of them.
But they're sooo funny. Did you read Kevin's eulogy of Tony Ryan yesterday? Or his gibberish about wicked, base gays?[/quote:29nc30s3]

"Read him?" Wouldn't waste my time. They should all be put out to work. Do something useful.

I'll start by responding to this post, note the sarcasm? Let's face it, if wasting time nd unproductive activity were banned, we'd all be out on our ear. If Myers gets people to buy the Indo (and he does) then he's worth it.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
The researchers were obviously not in Dublin.
Here in Derry, if you hold a shop door open for a nice lady, you will generally get a smile.

Can the same be said of Dublin?

CookieMonster

QuizMaster said:
Here in Derry, if you hold a shop door open for a nice lady, you will generally get a smile.

Most of the time, yes.

Munion

QuizMaster said:

We have automated sliding doors here, they hold themselves open. You could call them extremely friendly doors

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies