• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Ireland South - 2019

Rocket Man

The sons might have a fighting chance.
Surely an ability to speak English or one of the main continental languages would be required
I always remember Bertie saying he wasn't interested in the role of EU President as he did not speak French.

Funny though, as he didn't let the fact that he couldn't speak English stop him from becoming Taoiseach..

locke

Liadh Ní Riada formally selected as Sinn Féin candidate.

I don’t think she did herself any favours in the Presidential Election campaign, but the party vote should see her elected as long as the constituency is a 5-seater.

the secretary

Liadh Ní Riada formally selected as Sinn Féin candidate.

I don’t think she did herself any favours in the Presidential Election campaign, but the party vote should see her elected as long as the constituency is a 5-seater.
Agree, disastrous Presidential election campaign but she should hold on to her seat in the South even though she is damaged goods.
I wonder does she still intend to wear a poppy?

locke

I can't think why Ken O'Flnn might want to do this :)

In case anyone is worried about the data posted up here, he put it up himself on twitter

locke

Sounds like good news for the Green Party. I don’t see where Nunan’s vote is coming from apart from the Labour core vote. McNamara would have at least brought some geographical vote.

With Grace O’Sullivan having Waterford to herself and having been working the constituency for several years, she now goes into pole position to be the candidate who emerges from the cluster of small candidates to challenge FF for the last seat.

Reactions: SPN

peader odonnell

Sounds like good news for the Green Party. I don’t see where Nunan’s vote is coming from apart from the Labour core vote. McNamara would have at least brought some geographical vote.

With Grace O’Sullivan having Waterford to herself and having been working the constituency for several years, she now goes into pole position to be the candidate who emerges from the cluster of small candidates to challenge FF for the last seat.
Its O Loughlin1 , Nunan 2 for me, won't give any other preferences.

jackryan

Malcolm Byrne has won the FF place at the convention! Kick in balls for Kelleher!!! FF will add someone but with all 3 candidates male they will have to start thinking of putting female runners might add one in North West! So Kelleher might get the nod yet

Breanainn

Malcolm Byrne has won the FF place at the convention! Kick in balls for Kelleher!!! FF will add someone but with all 3 candidates male they will have to start thinking of putting female runners might add one in North West! So Kelleher might get the nod yet
Byrne's unlikely to poll well in Munster, which still makes up the majority of the constituency, so hard to see him not getting added on.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
Is that not the case with FG'ers and shinners too?
he said Byrne was unlikley to poll well in Munster, but FF polled well in Munster last time so why wouldn't they this time, as FF'ers vote for FF'ers

Breanainn

he said Byrne was unlikley to poll well in Munster, but FF polled well in Munster last time so why wouldn't they this time, as FF'ers vote for FF'ers
Kelly generally acquired a Kerry vote, rather than one than was specifically FG, similarly Crowley's success was a personal one, rather than primarily FF.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
Kelly generally acquired a Kerry vote, rather than one than was specifically FG, similarly Crowley's success was a personal one, rather than primarily FF.
why did they vote for Crowley

locke

Given that FF have a guaranteed seat, if Byrne were to be the sole candidate (very unlikely), then his polling in Munster wouldn't matter.

With a 2nd Munster-based candidate, that candidate would presumably pick up the Munster votes.

From previous Euros, outside Dublin (where Geography isn't so important), FF votes have gone 40%-60% to party candidates, 20%-30% outside the party, largely to geographically proximate candidates, and 20%-30% have just died.

However, this is likely to be an issue in South anyway. If one candidate gets elected early, it will be hard to bring a second in. For FF to win two, they need to be taking two of the third, fourth and fifth seats.

locke

Kelleher added to the FF ticket.

It looks like a relatively well-balanced ticket that has the prospect of bringing in two.