• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Ireland South - 2019

Paddyc

the notion that we would be party to a widespread generation spanning conspiracy to defraud. 'Quote.'
The naivety of Irelands electorate and their
belief in the honesty and integrity of their Govt is the reason the country is in debt of over 200 billion Euro and that debt can never be repaid,
It is the reason native Irish people will be a Minority in their own country in a generation.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Continue in your Happy Clappy delusional world or get off your behind and look about at the real collapsing society of Ireland.
Ireland Media will not inform you ,they stay in their Dublin 4 bunker.
Sorry but I don't follow conspiraloons like you or 5Gemma.

What you are trying to do here in your ham-fisted way is to undermine belief in democracy and even by pointing and laughing at you, I'm giving you and your fascistic ideas way too much exposure.

Off to ignore you go.

macedo

Astonishing stuff from Ni Riada, reported in today's IT, wherein the serial electoral failure suggests that a man wouldn't get the same type of criticism as Mary Lou (that's right, because politics is a notoriously kind and cuddly place for men) and muses on why working class people have stopped voting for Sinn Fein, chiding them for not understanding what they're doing. Clearly, they should know that their best interests are served by sending an intellectually deficient sexist self-pitying middle class social justice warrior to Europe to argue on their behalf.

Being let down once again by the working class must be particularly galling for Ni Riada given the sacrifices she claimed to have made on their behalf.

"In order to be in touch with the reality of what it’s like to be an ordinary working class person in Ireland, you need to be living in the same circumstances. That means having an average industrial wage and trying to make it stretch."

Round tower

That's very true. If you need any further proof, look no further than dear Ms. May. She was probably the greatest PM the UK has ever seen, and yet, for no other reason than her gender, the media and her own party ripped her to pieces.
U are pushing it there, she is one of the greatesst female PM the UK has ever had

She made a terrible mistake by calling the GE, would any other PM call it?, it's debateable.

As for Brexit, i don't know could any PM have solved it male or female, interesting the people who caused Brexit had sense and walked away from it Cameron to name 1.

Dealing with both sides of Brexit is like trying to stop the tide from coming in or going out all at the same time

Baron von Biffo

U are pushing it there, she is one of the greatesst female PM the UK has ever had

She made a terrible mistake by calling the GE, would any other PM call it?, it's debateable.

As for Brexit, i don't know could any PM have solved it male or female, interesting the people who caused Brexit had sense and walked away from it Cameron to name 1.

Dealing with both sides of Brexit is like trying to stop the tide from coming in or going out all at the same time
She became PM after the Brexit referendum. She knew that dealing with Brexit would be her principal job. She's not entitled to a 'he started it' defence now that she's failed.

the secretary

That's very true. If you need any further proof, look no further than dear Ms. May. She was probably the greatest PM the UK has ever seen, and yet, for no other reason than her gender, the media and her own party ripped her to pieces.
Thats not true.
Her lack of progress in finding a solution to Brexit is the reason she was ripped to pieces.
Don't buy the gender s h i t e people will feed you.

Last edited:

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Was that supposed to be funny? He was very much alive the last time I saw him, barely a week ago, selfie-ing away, unlike many others.
That'd be Gerry with a G, not Jerry with a J, who has an even longer line of cheerleaders, who are not just offended by mention of his name, but grossly offended.

Grossly.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
gEMMA WANTED TO NE ABLE TO LEEP OVERNIGHT

According to the returning officer who predicted the result could take 28 days, it takes very, very experienced counting staff to produce the correct result in a contest that was so tight. So your average Joe or Josephine would not do for such a task.
You do know that the RO never said the count would take 28 days.. nor that it would cost 1 million euro

That was merely a sensationalist headline by the Irish Times to paint SF as wanting to delay the democratic process and waste money

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
My first thought on reading the 28 days claim is that someone had vetoed allocation of resources to allow a timely ending of the count.

My second thought was, now that this is the subject of public comment, someone will lift his veto.
My first thought was.. what a load of made up bullshite.. turns out I was right.. as usual

wombat

You do know that the RO never said the count would take 28 days.. nor that it would cost 1 million euro

That was merely a sensationalist headline by the Irish Times to paint SF as wanting to delay the democratic process and waste money
Never knew that, I misjudged him, it was the IT that plucked the number out of their own ar5es?

Northsideman

My first thought on reading the 28 days claim is that someone had vetoed allocation of resources to allow a timely ending of the count.

My second thought was, now that this is the subject of public comment, someone will lift his veto.
Who are you nominating as the someone?

Baron von Biffo

No you do not, that is not decided by the counters, next!
The decisions are made by the returning officer but he doesn't go through every single paper himself to determine their validity. Questionable papers are brought to his attention by his staff so the staff must know what might cause a paper to be deemed invalid.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Never knew that, I misjudged him, it was the IT that plucked the number out of their own ar5es?
Yep.. Heres the Irish Times report with the big headline about the million euro..

And when you read down into the report you get what Martin Harvey the RO actually said..

"This is democracy in action and in process. I haven’t worked it out yet [the cost] I have heard reports of [it costing] over a €1 million; hard to call.”

The whole media narrative from then on became... SF are going to waste 1 million euro of taxpayers money

And plenty sheep here keep saying it like it was Gospel

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Then again, three days ago tey printed another article with the headline..

"Sinn Fein scrutiny of votes in Ireland South recount "uncomfortable" claims Green candidate..

In the piece they wrote..

"“Sinn Féin spotters are surrounding the ballot papers of O’Sullivan. There’s no one viewing the ballot papers of Ní Riada. They have around 20 people... scrutinizing my papers which makes me feel a little bit uncomfortable,” she said, gesturing towards members of Sinn Féin watching her votes."

People began to comment about SF "intimidating" people at the count, creating another negative narrative...

Yet later in the day, Grace O Sullivan responded to the article which was being extensively tweeted and retweeted by tweeting herself, saying..

Once again a false narrative being created.. then again, they know how easy it is to feed shit to people in Ireland

Northsideman

The decisions are made by the returning officer but he doesn't go through every single paper himself to determine their validity. Questionable papers are brought to his attention by his staff so the staff must know what might cause a paper to be deemed invalid.
Indeed and a halfwit could identify a questionable paper.

ireallyshouldknowbetter

Thats not true.
Her lack of progress in finding a solution to Brexit is the reason she was ripped to pieces.
Don't buy the gender s h i t e people will feed you.
I know, I was being sarcastic. May was terrible, and it had nothing to do with her gender. Most high level politicians in the UK at the moment are intellectually deficient, it's an unfortunate time.

shiel

I know, I was being sarcastic. May was terrible, and it had nothing to do with her gender. Most high level politicians in the UK at the moment are intellectually deficient, it's an unfortunate time.
Brexit is a fundamentally anti-European statement based on decades of racist propaganda by the London gutter media.

Blaming Teresa May ignores the fact that Brexit is one of the most significant political declarations made in Europe since ww2.

In voting for Brexit one of the members of the EU, which is also one of the most powerful and richest countries in the world, has declared economic war on nearly thirty other European democracies with which it had signed a treaty to cooperate in matters of mutual interest.

In addition it has virtually tore up an international agreement - the Good
Friday Agreement - the UK signed with a former colony to draw a line under the colonial past.

Ignoring those basic facts and blaming Teresa May for the problems of today is pathetic.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies