• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Ireland takes EU Presidency - Europe Ignores

Asparagus

Not to be too pedantic and petty but what the hell did we have a ceremony yesterday for to take the EU presidency over - if noone from Europe showed up?
What did it achieve to ceremonise it? How much did this cost?

Only Kill-more and Genny, a few Ministers, some soldiers and kids showed up.
no one from Europe
(i am only judging this on the Gallery in the indo - here Ireland takes EU presidency - Irish Independent Galleries)

Here is a shot to look at and wonder...
...wonder who in their right mind would hand a presidency of anything over to these Goms.

Maybe we can use the presidency to absolve our debt?
Or assume Greeces for them?
Who knows?

Ulster-Lad

To pacify some Delusions of Grander on the part of the government.

Analyzer

Probably because many realise that Merkel is the real boss.....

stanley

Thank God its not FF in power, they would immediately set out to borrow more money probably using an EU Guarantee, restart the Celtic party.

Asparagus

Thank God its not FF in power, they would immediately set out to borrow more money probably using an EU Guarantee, restart the Celtic party.
That's be fantastic...
I know when to get my coat now.

Asparagus

To pacify some Delusions of Grander on the part of the government.
60 mill is the estimated bill on our 6 month Presidency.
Screw you Carers -
we haz got prezidents

Asparagus

The schoogirls look ok but the three teachers up front (one on a coat, one in a suit and a lady) look really stupid, like a secular version of Fr Ted. Wonder which of them does the tea.
Lucinda looks like she'd make a haims of a cup of tea.
Kenny looks like he makes Tea for a living?
Gilmore looks like he'd find a way to get a government tea making contract for his wife.

Analyzer

The schoogirls look ok but the three teachers up front (one on a coat, one in a suit and a lady) look really stupid, like a secular version of Fr Ted. Wonder which of them does the tea.
I reckon that the one on the left is not actually a teacher, but is responsible for mowing the lawn....

livingstone

Umm, it's pretty common for a country taking over the EU Presidency to do something internally to mark it - Denmark certainly did, I'm pretty sure Cyprus did.

OP is basically an excuse for a bit of a whinge with nothing behind it.

Asparagus

I reckon that the one on the left is not actually a teacher, but is responsible for mowing the lawn....
The wife can Mow or Teach, so keep an eye out for a government contract for her.

Asparagus

Umm, it's pretty common for a country taking over the EU Presidency to do something internally to mark it - Denmark certainly did, I'm pretty sure Cyprus did.

OP is basically an excuse for a bit of a whinge with nothing behind it.
Cyprus had a "handover" from a Dane.

Its not a whinge - what did we get from the event livingstone? i presume?

Ulster-Lad

Just compare this pomp and ceremony to the other EU nations when they took their turn at this.

Asparagus

Analyzer

I will be in 'The Castle' for some of the conferences. They better have decent garlic dip for my chicken Goujons. To hell with the expense...:)
The previous occassion when we were in an empire, Dublin Castle also featured prominently.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies