• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Ireland targeted in Cyber Attack

EUrJokingMeRight

A computer malware which installs itself from PDF files, named MiniDuke, has been identified by Kaspersky labs. The threat is targeted at up to 20 national governments including Ireland. It is a highly complex attack of a complexity not seen in over a decade.

The malware is seeking to retrieve politically sensitive information.

It's known that the malware then connects to two servers, one in Panama and one in Turkey, but the source of the attack remains unknown..

For more reading see here:

Hackers attack European governments using 'MiniDuke' malware | Technology | guardian.co.uk

and Here;

MiniDuke: New cyber-attack 'hacks governments' for political secrets ? RT News

Should we be concerned?

ruserious

The Irish government would be in no position to stop it I would imagine.

Mackers

Only if they look like this.:D

off with their heads

an Indian rang me today on my Landline claiming to be from Microsoft he had my surname said it was in relation to errors from my i.p address when i asked him if anyone falls for this scam he hung up:D

Kev408

Thank god for the army.

Mackers

an Indian rang me today on my Landline claiming to be from Microsoft he had my surname said it was in relation to errors from my i.p address when i asked him if anyone falls for this scam he hung up:D
Next time do what I do to these lads and lassies. First ask them if they don't mind waiting while as you have to take the dog out for it's daily sh1t. Then wait for about 45 seconds and then ask them to tell you their name again. Each time you pretend to get their name wrong. This gets you another 30 to 40 seconds. Then you tell them your first name but pronounce it wrongly, another 30 seconds or so. Then tell then that someone is at your door and would they mind waiting again. This is good for another 45 to 60 seconds. Finally tell them you are a police officer and you have traced the call. Works for me as you never get another call from them.:p

An Gilladaker

A computer malware which installs itself from PDF files, named MiniDuke, has been identified by Kaspersky labs. The threat is targeted at up to 20 national governments including Ireland. It is a highly complex attack of a complexity not seen in over a decade.

The malware is seeking to retrieve politically sensitive information.

It's known that the malware then connects to two servers, one in Panama and one in Turkey, but the source of the attack remains unknown..

For more reading see here:

Hackers attack European governments using 'MiniDuke' malware | Technology | guardian.co.uk

and Here;

MiniDuke: New cyber-attack 'hacks governments' for political secrets ? RT News

Should we be concerned?
We are in safe hands

[video=youtube;ypBGI2_YXeo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ypBGI2_YXeo[/video]

Analyzer

Plump Bunny, Nosh1t sherlock, Fidelma, and Tom Hayes will form a committee to deal with the "threat".

LamportsEdge

I wouldn't worry about it. No one in the Irish Government knows anything of any international import.

Conversely I would like to say thank you to our Chinese friends and would ask that if they do find anything interesting they broadcast it in open across the 'net.

UK and US- NATO military access codes exposed
Germany - Merkel's cabinet have swiss bank account details published
France - A senior government minister is having an affair with an aspidistra
Ireland- Apparently Willie O'Dea preferred jam doughnuts to cream ones for his elevenses.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies