Ireland: Where we stand!

odlum

1. Spain is not Greece – Elena Salgado, Spanish Finance Minister, ~February, 2010.

2. Portugal is not Greece – The Economist, 22nd April, 2010.

3. Greece is not Ireland – George Papaconstantinou, Greek Finance Minister, 8th November 2010.

4. Spain is neither Ireland nor Portugal – Elena Salgado, Spanish Finance Minister, 16th November, 2010.

5. Neither Spain nor Portugal is Ireland – Angel Gurria, secretary-general of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), 18th November, 2010.

6. Ireland is not Greece Vanessa Rossi, senior research fellow in international economics at Chatham House in London, 18th November, 2010.

Does anyone know? Im thinking somewhere in between Spain and Portugal.

Trophonius

Ireland was South Korea :D

Soon will be North Korea :mad:

Gerard1978

Sounds like one of those IQ tests from School.

I can confirm that Ireland is not Greece, Spain, or Portugal. They all have better weather, and are far more solvent than Ireland. We always get the short straw.

eoghanacht

We are next in line for a bailout.

We have to default because we'll end up third in line for a bailout after Spain and Portugal start looking for theirs and then the ECB will have to start printing money.

vanla sighs

We should not under any circumstances take that bailout. We must default. The total cost of that bailout could be 250 billion. Unless I heard wrong on VB interest payments alone would be 10 or 12 billion per year. No. We must default.

ocoonassa

Does anyone know? Im thinking somewhere in between Spain and Portugal.
I'm quite happy to be Sportugese people have never heard of us and so they don't hate us for accidentally the whole currency. Go Sportugal!!

odlum

Belgium is next - where is it going to end? At the door of France and Germany I suspect....anyway this will screw up the riddle. How many "Belgium is not Ireland" statements will we get?

New Threads