Ireland's Ambassador's to Japan apartment costs €46k pcm - spa, gymn ,wine cellar,roof garden,swimming pool

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Ireland's Ambassador's to Japan apartment costs €46k pcm - spa, gymn ,wine cellar,roof garden,swimming pool

The title says a lot

The IT have scant details as they are re-reporting the Irish Mail on Sunday exclusive
Irish diplomat’s home in Tokyo costing €46,000 a month
“The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has been reviewing its options in relation to Tokyo with a view to converting rental payments into a long-term asset for Ireland. ”
In my experience of our Sir Humprhreycrats ...the ones in Merrion Street and Iveagh House are the most adept at feathering their own nests

Our Ambassador's residence in Tokyo does not, imo require prestige factor

Plenty suitably located secure dwellings are available for much lower rent

Comrade Anne Barrington

https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/japan/about-us/ambassador/

Is a big green jersey wearer ...interviews with her show her to be nearly all about commercial relations
IJCC » Ambassador of Ireland to Japan H.E. Anne Barrington featured in EUROBiZ Japan

And...they literally have a green jersey page
Team Ireland in Japan

[video=youtube;C14U7JYGRgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C14U7JYGRgA[/video]

cyp

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I must admit I'd never have figured you for a Luke Kelly fan, cYp.

Is he not a bit... y'know... lefty? :)
He is, and were he alive, I would devote some of my energy towards trying to convert him

I am...intimately familiar with his music and life

cyp

Mitsui2

He is, and were he alive, I would devote some of my energy towards trying to convert him
Now that's an encounter that I'd pay good money to see!

I'd even bring my own popcorn - and I daresay I could even pop it in the heat of the exchanges that would doubtless ensue!

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Now that's an encounter that I'd pay good money to see!

I'd even bring my own popcorn - and I daresay I could even pop it in the heat of the exchanges that would doubtless ensue!
He had a good spirit - a fearless maverick/rebel - it is just because of what the eejits around him did with money...that he didn't understand what money is

cyp

Mitsui2

He had a good spirit - a fearless maverick/rebel - it is just because of what the eejits around him did with money...that he didn't understand what money is

cyp
But as against that, he was a ginge!

Mitsui2

Came from a bottle ..... ;)
Nonsense! You're thinking of Geert Wilders, the Peroxide Uberrmensch. He gets very annoyed when pix of him with his natural red hair crop up now and then.

Mitsui2

I hope we are not wasting out money on bedrooms. One room will do ...

Hell, that was plenty good enough for generations of Samurai!

Though I suppose there are few Samurai in the Irish diplomatic service... possibly even in more ways than one.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I hope we are not wasting out money on bedrooms. One room will do ...

Our Sir Humphreycrats don't go in for the enforced buggery of juniors that the ones across the puddle go for...nor the sex balls of their Frog friends ...in fact...our Sir Humphrecrats are all neutered ...edict since Dev's daze ...though...Lemass spared a few ...

cyp

Mitsui2

...edict since Dev's daze ...
To be fair, it was only his daze that got him through the Easter Rising with his amour propre intact. And man alive, Dev's amour propre was probably the most intact thing about him!

Roberto Jordan

Is this not par for the course for Iveagh House? It has . after all, remained a hereditary entry criteria maintained since it provided refuge for the displaced from the Castle in 22 and the CnG government upon ascension of Dan Breen & co in the 30's.....

Here in NY the consul general (not ambassador....thats in DC) has a very fine high ceiling apartment with rooftop located handily in relation to the consular offices......quite why an apartment of suitable size to throw parties is needed so close to offices with a function room of a size suitable to throwing parties, in a town full of irish owned restaurants & hotels of a suitable size to throw parties is beyond me .........but I have enjoyed the free alcohol when Ive been - though diageo & irish distillers tend to over represented...

Trainwreck

Why do we have amabassadors? We no longer have an independent foreign policy.

The most absurd missions are those in EU countries. FFS.

Scrap them.

Disillusioned democrat

Guys - shut up and get back to work....the state needs you to pay tax to fund this and other, eh, essential services.

raspberry tea

Another government lackey taking joe public for a ride,expensive apartments,and probably fine dining and expensive junkets courtesy of the tax payer.......Same old story...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies