Ireland's Emigration Crisis

Clareboy

By opening the floodgates to foreign immigrants, we have completely distorted our labour market. The Irish will now have to emigrate in their thousands in order to facilitate the New Multi Cultural Ireland. We, the ordinary working class people of Ireland would really need to wake up and reclaim our country.

kerdasi amaq

Gombeenism thrives in Ireland, because only gombeens can succeed here and because only gombeens can succeed here; Ireland is a gombeen nation.

We need a greater separation of powers here. The Seanad and President are little more than Constitutional mannequins, all for show with no real purpose behind them.

stoichkov

large-scale emigration suits fianna fail just fine.

the young and intelligent leave the country, the hardcore FF'ers all stay behind.

Fr. Hank Tree

Queuing for a better living: how the dole lines are giving way to departure lounges - The Irish Times - Mon, Oct 04, 2010

A surprisingly large number of middle-aged people were among the 4,000 who attended the Working Abroad Expo at the RDS at the weekend

IT WAS taking up to an hour for people in the queue for the Working Abroad Expo at the RDS yesterday to get inside.

Inside the main hall, there were more long queues in front of all the Canadian, Australian and New Zealand stands, and those representing visa agencies.

"There is no standardised profile of the emigrant any more," Niall Kearney (35) said. "It's no longer the young, single person in their early 20s. It's people with families, people in their 40s and 50s and people like me."

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
I don't know if I'd go as far as to call it a crisis yet. The CSO says that of the 60,000 who emigrated in the last year, just 27,000 were Irish. You also have to rememeber that the latest labour-force survey shows the number of Irish nationals in the workforce is still rising. The numbers of foreign-nationals is falling if you believe the statistics. I think there's an agenda by the multicultural-lobby to promote emigration by the Irish in order to keep Ireland 'multicultural'.

Popular Threads

Most Replies