Ireland's honorary consul to Seoul is a convicted tax fraudster &father of both nut rage &water rage girls

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Ireland's honorary consul to Seoul is a convicted tax fraudster &father of both nut rage &water rage girls

We have an honorary consul to Seoul

https://www.dfa.ie/embassies/irish-embassies-abroad/asia-and-oceania/south-korea/
Seoul Honorary Consul
Mr. Cho Yang-ho
Honorary Consul General of Ireland
Korean Air
1370 Gonghang-dong
Gangseo-ku,
Seoul, Korea 157-712
He went to jail
1999 NYT - Seoul Jails Embattled Chairman of Korean Air

There's an Irish connection
1999 Indo - Koreans probe alleged Irish fraud
THE South Korean authorities are investigating an Irish company's possible role in an alleged $US900m fraud and tax evasion swindle.The investigation follows last week's arrest of the chairman of Korean Air, Yang-Ho Cho, on charges of tax evasion and embezzlement which may have involved a company with an address at number 2, Dawson Street, Dublin.
His daughters are nasty nuts
Guardian - Korean Air suspends executive over 'water rage' at meeting
After ‘nut rage’ scandal, another daughter of airline’s chairman is accused of abusing power
Why is such a man given the position of Honorary Consul by the DFA ?

Cyp

fergal1790

He's got plenty of money and paid off some politician to grease his wheels and probably his daughter's wagon wheels too!

Sync

In fairness: Pretty much everyone in South Korea's been to jail for fraud or corruption. And who hasn't screamed at someone for being given macadamia nuts? It's like the honeydew melon of the nut world.

Boy M5

In fairness: Pretty much everyone in South Korea's been to jail for fraud or corruption. And who hasn't screamed at someone for being given macadamia nuts? It's like the honeydew melon of the nut world.
Most of the population.

Munnkeyman

To be even more fair, the problem was that the macadamia nuts were served in a packet and not on a plate!
I'd be nutraged too!!!

Boy M5

https://www.dfa.ie/embassies/irish-embassies-abroad/asia-and-oceania/south-korea/

He went to jail

Cyp
Good spot.

The answer to your question is for you to relax, listen to a song perhaps, maybe this one which is over a hundred years old.
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g_nh4wKKlhE[/video]

Sync

To be even more fair, the problem was that the macadamia nuts were served in a packet and not on a plate!
I'd be nutraged too!!!
Did she have to open the packet herself? The hell was the flight Siberia to Vladivostok? Did she have to queue for beets in the town square afterwards? Ridiculous. I'm not saying she was right, but I can totally understand it.

Munnkeyman

Did she have to open the packet herself? The hell was the flight Siberia to Vladivostok? Did she have to queue for beets in the town square afterwards? Ridiculous. I'm not saying she was right, but I can totally understand it.
I'd be even more miffed if Pop-Pop was also the chairman and CEO. The crinkling noise that the packet would make as I was fishing for a macadamia nut would really annoy the ************************ out of me!

Jack O Neill

It does make a pleasant change , when was the last time any Irish politician / banker went to jail for fraud and corruption . Could it be because they are not frauds and are not corrupt :roll:, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I'm more interested in the connection to an address in Dublin. I've been waiting for some chickens used to flying at 30,000 feet to come home to roost around the area of aircraft leasing for quite some time.

Garda Joe better start licking the stubby pencil. He must have nearly used it all up on the banking inquiry.

Pizza Man

I see from wikipedia that "has held the title of honorary consulate-general to Ireland in the Republic of Korea since 1995."

So Dick Spring was the Minister for Foreign Affairs who appointed him - and we all remember that Dick was squeaky clean.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Jayze he must be knackered altogether honorary consuling for Ireland all that time. It is a miracle he hasn't killed anyone through sheer tiredness.

Roberto Jordan

I'm more interested in the connection to an address in Dublin. I've been waiting for some chickens used to flying at 30,000 feet to come home to roost around the area of aircraft leasing for quite some time.

Garda Joe better start licking the stubby pencil. He must have nearly used it all up on the banking inquiry.
May be unrelated entirely but I share your fascination with that sector.
Everywhere I’ve worked internationally there are some Mick bean counters making big money in leasing.
I get why ireland has tax dvantages as a brass plate base for such activity ( though it’s a classic example of wan area of economic activity that government should be using other means to control inorder to protect the viability of the tax system for more productive sectors like manufacturing and people heavy financial operations )

What I don’t get is why In this sector apparent Irish owners / exec directors make out like bandits.....it doesn’t happen in other sectors leveraging our tax laws , so why in this one area are there levels of indigenous control and ownership that make chinas foreign investment rules seem open?
Is it just expertise (but what expertise? Knowing the paperwork or shell company sequenced etc???) or something else ?

cozzy121

He went to jail

Cyp
Complaining about someone corrupt, representing Ireland???

Please. Look at the state of our vulture-fund supporting government..

Dasayev

What's his connection to Ireland?

PC Principle

He went to jail

Cyp
Has he got the freedom of Dublin yet?

Ticks all the boxes.

GDPR

There is a particular class of person who seeks to be made an honorary consul.

This story surprises me not at all.
I was actually delivered by the Irish Consul , who was Irish, when I first saw the light of day a few decades ago in another country.

Basically, I stood no chance.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies