• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Ireland's True Leader Says,We Can do better. Keep it up Pixies!

james toney

She has ordered Fine Gael to tune in,or else.Though Fine Gael and Labour wont recognise the bits in bold.

In the beginning, there are often only a few people who are willing to lay the groundwork to get things moving and make change possible. "Whoever exhibits courage inspires courage."

For hundreds of thousands of families, this means having a safe future and earning recognition.
And for our young people this means security, an education, a job and thus a good start in life.

Chancellor Angela Merkel's New Year's address | Germany | DW.DE | 31.12.2012

Con Gallagher

Perhaps Merkel doesn't think that a deficit of 7.5% after 5 "austerity budgets" is anything to be smug about.

pippakin

Ireland desperately needs boosting I don't think our German masters quite get that.

Seanie Lemass

They don't. Besides, Merkel's own opportunistic political history would suggest that there is very little there other than an overpowering desire to be among the elite - Communist or ECB or Bundesbank or Brussels, I doubt she gives a fk.

blokesbloke

All Merkel cares about at the moment is getting re-elected. Don't expect any concession from her until the next elections are safely over.

carlovian

Will all of you stop bad mouthing merkel.

She could be listening and may turn out the lights.

Tea Shark

It aint over and she is singing already.

ger12

Good pixies, nice pixies, repeat after me pixies, Stability Growth and Jobs ... petunia

ger12

"Today there are still many brave and helpful people in our country. At one of my discussion sessions with the public, in Heidelberg, a young participant told me that a player on his soccer team wanted to quit school. He then went to his coach and asked him to call the whole team together, so that everyone could say why it's good to go to school. They did so at the next practice, and that worked. The player stayed in school."

:lol:

Very good speech btw

SPN

Ireland desperately needs boosting I don't think our German masters quite get that.
We have had a "boosting" of close to €100 Billion since the collapse, and we continue to "boost" at a rate of €50 million a day (courtesy of those kind folk at the Troika).

Very soon the interest payments on that "boost" will cost more than the HSE costs.

james toney

She is telling Germans to expect it tougher for next year.
Does that mean Enda grows a pair of balls,and stands up for his own people:)?

LDF

I would have thought paying the county manager of Leitrim more than the Chancellor of Germany would be an example of the kind of "boost" you are talking about.

We haven't even begun to address the fundamental problem in our economy - we are paying ourselves too much - in salaries, in welfare and in pensions and if this government succeeds in getting the bank debt restructured the money saved will be used to prop up the Croke Park Agreement and the pet projects of special interest groups.

Strap yourself in for a lost decade dude - I think we're turning Japanese. I really think so.

seanmoylantd

Meanwhile Frau ,read this;

on 31/12/2012 00:00:00

Despite the blunder - which if addressed would mean 492 families could be spared the controversial respite carers' cut - he will be allowed keep the money.

The Department of Public Expenditure and Reform and the Department of Health have confirmed HSE director designate Tony O'Brien was paid the extra funds in breach of Government rules. Correspondence between both departments said the issue was not the fault of Mr O'Brien, who was described as "an exemplary public servant".

However, despite the oversight - which centres on the fact his extra payments were not subjected to Finance Department scrutiny - no attempt will be made to retrieve the money.

The incident, which emerged over the weekend, began in 2006 when Mr O'Brien was named as chief executive of the National Cancer Screening Service on a €140,636 a year deal.

Due to the increased responsibilities involved, the HSE granted him a yearly allowance worth 18% of his salary - the equivalent of €25,314 - without contacting any Government department to clarify whether this was allowed.

When Mr O'Brien was seconded to the National Cancer Control Programme the group's then chief, Professor Tom Keane, agreed to continue the extra payment.

Mr O'Brien was named as Prof Keane's interim replacement after his departure in 2010 and the annual allowance continued. In Aug 2012, Mr O'Brien was appointed as HSE director designate by Health Minister James Reilly.

Wider system structural changes meant his new €195,000 a year salary had to be sanctioned by the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform.

It was only at this stage that the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform secretary general Robert Watt uncovered the six years of overpayments.

The official wrote to his counterpart in the Department of Health, Ambrose McLoughlin, asking for "corrective steps" to be taken. Freedom of Information Act documents show Dr McLoughlin said the extra salary was the fault of the HSE not the Department or Mr O'Brien and the money could not be retrieved.

Mad as Fish

She has ordered Fine Gael to tune in,or else.Though Fine Gael and Labour wont recognise the bits in bold.

In the beginning,there are often only a few people who are willing to lay the groundwork to get things moving and make change possible. "Whoever exhibits courage inspires courage."

Chancellor Angela Merkel's New Year's address | Germany | DW.DE | 31.12.2012

She is obviously referring to Rothschild's who in 1820 organised a £5 million loan to Prussia.