• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Iris Robinson was having an affair behind husband Peter's back - story about to break

MookieBaylock

Following an investigation by a television current affairs programme, it has emerged that Iris Robinson has been conducting an extra marital affair in recent times. The story was discovered by Northern Ireland TV journalists and the Robinson's twigged that it was about to emerge 10 days ago - hence Iris' stepping down from politics because of alleged depression.

The story will break to the non Politics.ie world at 6pm on news bulletins (I am led to believe UTV). As far as I am aware, there is no question of Peter standing down at this point.

Last edited:

Chrisco

David, feel free to take down this thread if you see fit, but I have 100pc confirmation that this story will break at 6pm.

Following an investigation by a television current affairs programme, it has emerged that Iris Robinson has been conducting an extra marital affair in recent times. The story was discovered by Northern Ireland TV journalists and the Robinson's twigged that it was about to emerge 10 days ago - hence Iris' stepping down from politics because of alleged depression.

The story will break at 6pm on news bulletins. As far as I am aware, there is no question of Peter standing down at this point.
UPDATE: Eamonn Mallie has just twittered...

Peter Robinson to live and fight another day. Personal problems need utmost care and attention. That is the message. More to come on UTV at 6 p.m.

(Courtesy of Iain Dale)

Clanrickard

David, feel free to take down this thread if you see fit, but I have 100pc confirmation that this story will break at 6pm.

The story will break at 6pm on news bulletins. As far as I am aware, there is no question of Peter standing down at this point.
If true incredibly stupid. Such a public person will get found out. She's not bad for her age I suppose.

Clanrickard

MookieBaylock

If true incredibly stupid. Such a public person will get found out. She's not bad for her age I suppose.
They don't always get caught out. For example, at least one newspaper has a story on a current leading government figure and a former cabinet colleague - they just can't get it to stand up but it's common knowledge. Happened as long ago as 1999 when they were both ministers, one a senior, one a junior.

Libero

Martin McGuinness had a song about all this when he was recording with that fella Paul Simon.

Hide it in a hiding place where no one ever goes
Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes
It's a little secret, just the Robinsons' affair
Most of all, you've got to hide it from the kids

Coo, coo, ca-choo, Mrs Robinson...

Sitting on a sofa on a Sunday afternoon
Going to the candidates debate
Laugh about it, shout about it
When you've got to choose
Ev'ry way you look at it, you lose

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio...

reknaw

LOL. They do say that the older the fiddle, the sweeter the tune.:-x

If someone really has been getting the leg over her, just imagine the hilarity in some quarters if he (or indeed she) happens to be a Catholic.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

corelli

Have to say, and one is usually more tolerant of peoples failings, that, given her pseudo religious posturing on matters sexual, one is absolutely delighted that, if the story holds water, the old scroat was caught out in flagrente. Absolutely delighted. Karma is a wonderful thing.

Truth.ie

Have to say, and one is usually more tolerant of peoples failings, that, given her pseudo religious posturing on matters sexual, one is absolutely delighted that, if the story holds water, the old scroat was caught out in flagrente. Absolutely delighted. Karma is a wonderful thing.
That would make sense if it was a lesbian affair. I assume it's not.

orbit

They don't always get caught out. For example, at least one newspaper has a story on a current leading government figure and a former cabinet colleague - they just can't get it to stand up but it's common knowledge. Happened as long ago as 1999 when they were both ministers, one a senior, one a junior.
Why should they be outed anyway? It isn't against the law ...

stonethrower

LOL. They do say that the older the fiddle, the sweeter the tune.:-x

If someone really has been getting the leg over her, just imagine the hilarity in some quarters if he (or indeed she) happens to be a Catholic.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
A she!!!!.....Irish Examiner - 2008/06/25: Iris Robinson’s rant was despicable, but keep the police well out of it

Her private life is a matter for herself, although I am sure this won't go down well in the DUP heartlands. However the story was about her having depression and I am sure even for many people who despise her politics, it was seen as a brave thing for a public person to come out and admit mental health struggles....however if that story was all a cover for her private issues, then that is despicable since it trivialises depression.....when it is such an important issue