• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Irish Air Corps providing support to northern Ireland farmers.

pinemartin

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.607460225948271.1073741827.148942718466693&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.607449315949362.1073741825.148942718466693&type=3

Good to see the defense forces capable and ready to deploy choppers to the North to help cut off farmers with animal fed and also have the capacity to do an SAR job while there.

People should think long and hard about their criticism of our defense forces who when the going gets tough are there for these people.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/department-defends-decision-to-standdown-air-support-for-stricken-farmers-across-northern-ireland-29163284.html

"It has also emerged that a charge would be incurred for use of the huge RAF Chinook helicopters while the Irish Air Corps had provided assistance for free."

Strange but true.

Spanner Island

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.607460225948271.1073741827.148942718466693&type=1

Good to see the defense forces capable and ready to deploy choppers to the North to help cut off farmers with animal fed and also have the capacity to do an SAR job while there.

People should think long and hard about their criticism of our defense forces who when the going gets tough are there for these people.

And they're doing it for free... apparently... unlike the RAF who were charging and have been told where they can take their Chinooks...

cabledude

Good to see neighboring counries getting on and co-operating in a time of need.

Puts the goings on in North Korea into context.

Ribeye

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.607449315949362.1073741825.148942718466693&type=3

Feedin a few shivering sheep,

Yeah, way to go Maverick:)

LamportsEdge

I hope Glenshane doesn't cop on to the fact that it is an ecumenical helicopter service. If he finds out the Free State helicopters are supplying northern Presbyterian cows with catholic feed there will be all hell to pay and no tar too hot.

ruserious

And they're doing it for free... apparently... unlike the RAF who were charging and have been told where they can take their Chinooks...
Some parts of the republic near the border I believe fall under the UK's SAR area of responsibility so at the end of it all, you have two neighbours helping each other out.

Ribeye

They've already eaten all the sheep in NK,

Boy M5

Yes it was nice of the RAF to fly over the Irish Sea.

MacO'velli

I wonder will some wag request that the tricolour roundel be blacked out this time, like they did with the dauphin ?

Shqiptar

Great to see this people showing an all-Ireland sensibility. Let's not forget how county councils south of the border helped their northern counterparts with water supplies during the big freeze in early 2011.

LamportsEdge

RTE political affairs had a vox pop on the subject earlier on with participants from both sides of the border.

RTE interviewer: 'Madam what do you think of the Irish Air Corp supplying northern Ireland farms with feed?

Interviewee: 'Moo'.

As long as these entrenched attitudes exist in Northern Ireland there will never be peace on this island.

Clanrickard

Irish people should help each other even when they are temporarily in another country.

InsideImDancing

I hope Glenshane doesn't cop on to the fact that it is an ecumenical helicopter service. If he finds out the Free State helicopters are supplying northern Presbyterian cows with catholic feed there will be all hell to pay and no tar too hot.
Why can you not just leave the oppressed Catholic people of the north to deal with Prod tyranny in whatever way we see fit? Sitting down there in your ivory tower pontificating about the poor oppressed Catholic people of the north, it was you who abandoned me in 1921.

These fek'n people.:roll:

LamportsEdge

Why can you not just leave the oppressed Catholic people of the north to deal with Prod tyranny in whatever way we see fit? Sitting down there in your ivory tower pontificating about the poor oppressed Catholic people of the north, it was you who abandoned me in 1921.

These fek'n people.:roll:
I hope the security forces are keeping an eye on their Unionist Presbyterian herds.

I've a bunch of heifers out the back wearing balaclavas and digging in a corner of the field. I daren't go out and I think the dog is an informer.

InsideImDancing

I hope the security forces are keeping an eye on their Unionist Presbyterian herds.

I've a bunch of heifers out the back wearing balaclavas and digging in a corner of the field. I daren't go out and I think the dog is an informer.
Well the oppressed Catholic people of the north often paint their sheep green, white and orange, it wouldn't surprise if the soudie scum were avoiding those ones.

LamportsEdge

Well the oppressed Catholic people of the north often paint their sheep green, white and orange, it wouldn't surprise if the soudie scum were avoiding those ones.
Beware the sows of Ulster marching toward the barn.

D

Dylan2010

would it not have been cheaper to send the Aircorps lads to Tescos , it seems to a very expensive way to produce a bit of lamb

InsideImDancing

would it not have been cheaper to send the Aircorps lads to Tescos , it seems to a very expensive way to produce a bit of lamb
No mate, the lamb were dead and similar, hungry and that. :)

LamportsEdge

Our traditional economic policies must be followed. If the RAF deliver feed to the South we must pay the bill. if we deliver feed to the north we'll do it for free.

Because we really, as a hangover from colonial days, wish to be loved. And we are much too polite to bill anyone other than the Irish taxpayer.

This noble traditional policy is at the root of our economic success story. The servant finds it hard to charge. Think about it. We don't wish to be upsetting oil majors by asking them to sign a contract which would deliver a fair return off an Irish oil find. We want to be 'respected' in Europe so we'll take on the debt run up by crooked bankers.

We're a lovely people. And we'll probably in the end get what lovely people deserve.