• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Irish Army Hand Grenade used in Dissident Plot

st333ve

It would seem that militant anti-GFA Republicans have succeeded in something after all.

Making 'dissident' a bad word.

Éireann go Brách

Who says its stolen from Irish army?
The news story says "rouge elements" LOL smacks of lies
What news paper is that story in the picture from?

It would be pretty difficult to steal a grenade from an Army store
AFAIK the grenades arrive at the grenade range in separte parts/boxes and are assembled for throwing there and are 100% are accounted for theones that arrive
at range that is.

Dohville

He'd need to be a very very very high rank to get access to a live grenade.

Éireann go Brách

Come off it - it's not like a grenade is a nuke!
Grenades come in different parts (main body and detanator)
Grenades are assembled on the day, on the range, by the soldier who is going to throw it, a few minutes before he throws it. There is no way some way could steal a grenade from a grenade range everything is accounted for and supervised.

So if someone stole a grenade from the irish army
He would have to know where they are, access to those secure stores
the different parts/boxes would be stored in different areas.
It would be someone mid-senior in my view if this occured.

firefly123

Come off it - it's not like a grenade is a nuke!
Actually the army have very strict systems in place to prevent the likes of this from happening. Drawing ammunition has to be signed in triplicate and army quatermasters are notorious for being tighter than a ducks arse when it comes to issuing clothing let alone ammunition. Hand grenades are very strictly inventoried and controlled.

damon

Why does the Irish army have hand granades? Who are they going to throw them at?

Old Mr Grouser

Actually the army have very strict systems in place to prevent the likes of this from happening. Drawing ammunition has to be signed in triplicate and army quartermasters are notorious for being tighter than a ducks arse when it comes to issuing clothing let alone ammunition. Hand grenades are very strictly inventoried and controlled.
It's more likely that a grenade, of the same pattern as is used by the Irish Army, was smuggled into Ireland, perhaps along with a consignment of drugs.

Military grenades could be obtained easily enough in some countries.

picador

Why does the Irish army have hand granades? Who are they going to throw them at?
Afghan civilians? Oh no wait a minute, that's the Brits!

Portstewart

Ah now, some only face paedophilic rape. Not all get hand grenades thrown at them.
Interesting allegation.

Even if it were true I suppose they could count their lucky stars it's only the Brits and not the RC Church they've to put up with.

st333ve

I knew someone once who had a couple of smoke grenades home with him for Halloween!

I dont know about dangerous weapons though, I'd say they would be well accounted for.

Border-Rat

Interesting allegation.

Even if it were true I suppose they could count their lucky stars it's only the Brits and not the RC Church they've to put up with.
LiveLeak.com - British forces Sexually abuse Teen Iraqi boys

Those of us who pride ourselves as being members of the civilised world happen to notice when someone invades a sovereign nation, saturates playgrounds with depleted uranium then rapes schoolboys. As for the Roman Catholic Church, you seem comfortable with siding it with crimes worse than saturating a sovereign neighbourhood with nuclear waste for 3 billion years. What is it that they've done worse than that?

Only scum try to whitewash paedophilia.

Border-Rat

I knew someone once who had a couple of smoke grenades home with him for Halloween!

I dont know about dangerous weapons though, I'd say they would be well accounted for.
Thats what they said when it was alleged Britain supplied loyalist death squads with weaponry. That wasn't even the half of it, they set up training camps for them all over the North.

vinoboy

This thread is a big yawn ,some 15 year old deluded and manipulated dissident might unfortunately kill himself or somebody else throwing it .

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies