Irish attitudes to Immigration poll

recedite

'' The next time you hear someone say “Asians are good at math,” don’t hear it as a joke – hear it as racism”
Next time someone says West Africans are good at sprinting, or Kenyans are good at marathons, or Sherpas are good at high altitude mountain climbing, don’t hear it as truth – hear it as racism.

recedite

Ireland does not resettle asylum seekers so why would Ireland pay for a camp for them in Africa.
To help people in Africa. Irish people have been sending money to help people in Africa for many, many generations. Charity makes us feel good about ourselves.
But its only in the last 1 or 2 generations that Africans have started inviting themselves to Ireland, where they can tap our welfare system directly.
It costs something between €20,000 and€ 40,000 to cater for an asylum seeker in Ireland including all his (possible) third-level education and the legal costs for his appeals processes. It costs about €4,000 to cater for him in Africa or the Levant.

cobhguy

To help people in Africa. Irish people have been sending money to help people in Africa for many, many generations. Charity makes us feel good about ourselves.
But its only in the last 1 or 2 generations that Africans have started inviting themselves to Ireland, where they can tap our welfare system directly.
That sentence says what you are all about.

recedite

That sentence says what you are all about.
The truth?
Once they arrive here, it becomes a question of entitlements, as opposed to charity.

Why are you so against Irish providing a modest level of charity abroad?

cobhguy

Hardly . I assume you prefer the Ponzi Scheme where you just continue Immigration , Ad Infinitum .
Simple example. Not enough doctors, do we wait ten years for new doctors to train or do we hire foreign doctors.

Building companies are finding it hard to get staff, do we wait to train new staff or allow people to come in to fill the gap.

How about an American pharmaceutical company wanting to build a manufacturing plant but they need to bring over some skilled staff with them.

Do we say no to all them.

atkin8

The truth?
Once they arrive here, it becomes a question of entitlements, as opposed to charity.

Why are you so against Irish providing a modest level of charity abroad?
In comparison with other countries its not a modest level .

cobhguy

You did not answer the question ?
I am not going to spend all day typing out something to try and explain it to you. It is not a one paragraph answer. If you read that and did a bit of research, then I could explain it to you in a paragraph and have a debate about it.

The OD

When a Country cannot House and provide Health Services to those already in that Country then Surely Immigration to that Country must Stop .
Who said we 'can't'?

We can, we* choose not to.

*By virtue of voting in the same failures time and again.

atkin8

I am not going to spend all day typing out something to try and explain it to you. It is not a one paragraph answer. If you read that and did a bit of research, then I could explain it to you in a paragraph and have a debate about it.
What is it you exactly want to explain to me . Ireland does resettle asylum seekers who get leave to remain and those declared refugees . There are also program refugees who are brought in and resettled .

Last edited:

Hitchcock

I love winding you up .The names you have called me are many racist ,bigot etc . Why should I defend you ?
I love winding you up
I've dealt with far worse bigots than you, believe me!

The names you have called me are many racist ,bigot etc
Names? I've merely stated facts.

Why should I defend you ?
I've no interest in you defending me, I'm illustrating your hypocrisy.

So back to my question....why do you hate human beings so much attakins - what happened to you?

cobhguy

What is it you exactly want to explain to me . Ireland does resettle asylum seekers who get leave to remain and those declared refugees .
You need to know a small bit about the whole process, the differnce between the different protection programs. The different ways these programs treat asylum seekers and refugees. When you understand that, you won't be making broad statements about Ireland resettling asylum seekers.

atkin8

I've dealt with far worse bigots than you, believe me!

Names? I've merely stated facts.

I've no interest in you defending me, I'm illustrating your hypocrisy.

So back to my question....why do you hate human beings so much attakins - what happened to you?
Why do you post nonsense ?

atkin8

You need to know a small bit about the whole process, the differnce between the different protection programs. The different ways these programs treat asylum seekers and refugees. When you understand that, you won't be making broad statements about Ireland resettling asylum seekers.
I know a hell of a lot more than you about the whole process going back 20 years . My ex wife was an asylum seeker went through the appeals and had a lot of contact with others . I have heard all the scams even from those who got refugee status . You know very little only what you read . What broad statement explain.

cobhguy

I know a hell of a lot more than you about the whole process going back 20 years . My ex wife was an asylum seeker went through the appeals and had a lot of contact with others . I have heard all the scams even from those who got refugee status . You know very little only what you read . What broad statement explain.
So your ex was in this the system, so that means you know all about it. My girlfriend was in hospital before, I am not going to claim, I know all about how that hospital is run.

So did the state resettle your ex, did they say, heres a house for you, you can stay forever.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies