Irish Bank Sub Debt

Dreaded_Estate

Implied probability of default has just rocketed on all the Irish bank subordinated and senior debt.

Cassandra Syndrome

Hi dreaded, thanks for that, have you a graph for AIB, I heard they are over 2,000 pips.

Skinner

CDS holders will be on the drink tonight!
Soon all those defaults will be going pop, the CDS issuers will be paying up, and will that lead to more bank bailout emergency cash injections?

MPB

Implied probability of default has just rocketed on all the Irish bank subordinated and senior debt.

Thank God. I thought we would never get sense.

Don,t worry we won,t be the only ones. Time to make the piper pay.

Dreaded_Estate

AIB is the second chart CS

There must be some strong rumors in the market at the moment.

AIB is pricing in a probability of default of circa 75%

Indy-pendant

What does this mean?
Sorry, as one of the great unwashed, bond markets are above (or below?) me...

MrDarcy

It's probably the blinding f*cking obvious, which is that we will not have ANY growth next year with so much money being taken out of the economy and with our government trying to tell everyone the opposite, despite the very clear evidence of the last 12 months, I'd imagine the markets have now completely thrown in the towel with us...

Ah Well

It's probably the blinding f*cking obvious, which is that we will not have ANY growth next year with so much money being taken out of the economy and with our government trying to tell everyone the opposite, despite the very clear evidence of the last 12 months, I'd imagine the markets have now completely thrown in the towel with us...
Indeed

It is unfortunately too late .... things are to all intensive purposes now outside of our control largely due to the Gombeens in charge of the country's wellbeing in excess of a decade .... that should NEVER be forgotten for it is they who have been instrumental in our downfall into the gutter ...

All the talk about Stability Funds, IMF and the rest ... it is not a case of If ... it's now unfortunately a case of when

Indy-pendant

deiseguy

Even slash and burn won't effect the credibility deficit...
Time gentlement - please

Another Day, Another Record For Irish Default Insurance - WSJ.com
Reading the article.... Nah I had another read of it and we are totally fupped. We might get some breathing space with a new government with a solid majority but this article would seem to suggest that McWilliams is right

"Ireland is in a very different fiscal position to Greece, but the markets have looked at Ireland and said: 'This is unsustainable,'" said Simon Penn, market analyst at UBS AG. "With 10-year yields up around 7.5%, fiscal savings will be sucked up by higher borrowing costs. The [bond] market has lost patience."
Also lads for the luddites amongst us could you at least use the full term once before the abbreviations. I now know what a pip is but I had to read the WSJ:rolleyes: to find out.

He3

Recalling Michael D Higgins They don't think we are great in Germany any more. Chile and Russia have cut Irish bonds off their sovereign wealth list of eligible investments.

Are Irish pension industry heads still lobbying for a law change to let them sink their customers money into Irish bond?

deiseguy

Are Irish pension industry heads still lobbying for a law change to let them sink their customers money into Irish bond?
Yes it was laughable to see how this tactic was portrayed in the business pages as a laudable and selfless act when in reality it was simply about shoring up their reserves using exorbitant interest charges levied on the Irish taxpayer.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies