Irish Banks Advertising

loner

Every time I turn on the telly I find Irish banks advertising their mortgage wares in glowing terms--makes me want to smash the screen when I consider how the same bastards treated so many thousands of their customers on tracker mortgages over many years. Have they no shame at all. Wonder am I alone in this view?

Niall996

Every time I turn on the telly I find Irish banks advertising their mortgage wares in glowing terms--makes me want to smash the screen when I consider how the same bastards treated so many thousands of their customers on tracker mortgages over many years. Have they no shame at all. Wonder am I alone in this view?
They've proven to you and me how pious and ethical they are by firing Jackson and Olding. What more proof do you need?

Spirit Of Newgrange

Capitalism sucks.

In a previous few generations you would be complaining online about how the King asks you to lay down your life for him on the battlefield while he scarpers off on his horse once the half-time score looks dodgy.

feudalism sucks.

and the next thing after capitalism, will also suck. hey ho. Enjoy your pints and curry at the weekend for there are no tracker mortgages in oblivion.

harryangel

I completely agree. The gall to put those lies on TV. It's astonishing. "We're here for you" "We're backing dreams". And other horsesh!t. They are infuriating.

dizillusioned

"We're backing brave"... my arse... not unless you have your first child, your business and your house as collateral and have a massive turnover... lies... lies and damned lies.

GabhaDubh

All that extra money they may as well throw it around on advertising and bonuses.

Barroso

Some of you might remember that this was a trick used in the final run up to the 2006 / 07 / 08 crash.

A couple of other things I noticed then was a lot of houses for sale in the better-off neighbourhoods, and constant exhortations to buy now because prices would be much higher the next year.

Also staged buyers' queues, as mentioned by JCR on another thread.

As far as I can see, these things seem to be happening now too.

Buyers beware!

Last edited:

ionsniffer

Bea C

Even more idiotic was the things they'd have about the banks back in the bad old days.
When the country was really at rock bottom, there used to be - well, there still is, but it was ever more 'potent' back in the post-bailout days - crap stuck up advising about getting business advice for your business :roll:

PAGE61

What about the tax breaks that the banks are getting ...this is more infuriating

hammer

A typical p.ie thread

Negative.

Surely competition keeps mortgage rates down etc....

We all know what they did in the past. I can only assume that people are more financially aware now but I wont hold my breath.

PBP voter

A typical p.ie thread

Negative.

Surely competition keeps mortgage rates down etc....

We all know what they did in the past. I can only assume that people are more financially aware now but I wont hold my breath.
The ad with the tree housing is pretty annoying.

I would love if they did a bit of social realism. Show a family being kicked out by bailiffs after they stop bring able to pay the mortgage.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies