Irish bar in Kansas City defaced with anti-immigrant graffiti.

Wascurito

Police in the US are investigating an incident in which an Irish bar and restaurant was vandalised with graffiti in Kansas City, Missouri.

The owners of Browne's Irish Market, an establishment which claims to be "North America's oldest Irish business", discovered the attack, which saw the words "Immigrants not welcome" written in black spray paint, on Monday.

Kerry Browne, the owner of the premises blamed the attack on increased anti-immigrant hostility and rhetoric that has been a feature of US politics over the 18 months. "Certainly the political environment has changed," she said.

One of the bar’s employees George Vial, from Donegal who has been living in the USA for 2 decades, attributes the attack to the "horrible climate" created by President Donald Trump.

Irish Times: Anti-immigrant graffiti attack on Irish bar in Kansas City

NativeWildCat

Police in the US are investigating an incident in which an Irish bar and restaurant was vandalised with graffiti in Kansas City, Missouri.

The owners of Browne's Irish Market, an establishment which claims to be "North America's oldest Irish business", discovered the attack, which saw the words "Immigrants not welcome" written in black spray paint, on Monday.

Kerry Browne, the owner of the premises blamed the attack on increased anti-immigrant hostility and rhetoric that has been a feature of US politics over the 18 months. "Certainly the political environment has changed," she said.

One of the bar’s employees George Vial, from Donegal who has been living in the USA for 2 decades, attributes the attack to the "horrible climate" created by President Donald Trump.

Graffiti on a toilet cubicle is International News?

GDPR

Are we now reporting on every petty crime that happens in the world?

ZOO

Trainwreck

Threadworthy, no less.

Maybe a Congressional special investigation?

I love the way they know who did it and why they did it, and even what, or rather who caused it.

Plastic Paddies. I couldn't really give a fúck.

NativeWildCat

Threadworthy, no less.

I love the way they know who did it and why they did it, and even what, or rather who caused it.
Other breaking International news! Mickey want's school boy ****. Call 087176565.

Jack O Neill

Threadworthy, no less.

Plastic Paddies. I couldn't really give a fúck.
I certainly prefer any version of a plastic paddy anywhere to little englanders like you

Jack Walsh

The front of the bar was painted in giant writing "IMMIGRANTS NOT WELCOME", this is prominently displayed in the main photo when you open the link,
which proves you just ranted without even reading the article.

Last edited:

Trainwreck

I certainly prefer any version of a plastic paddy anywhere to little englanders like you
So "Little Englanders" is now defined as an Irish person who refuses to call English "racist" simply because they want to leave the EU.

Massey

What's the context? Did a Mexican apply to work as a barman and was turned down?
Irish Americans were famous for their racism.

Trainwreck

The front of the bar was painted in giant writing "IMMIGRANTS NOT WELCOME", this is prominently displayed in the main photo when you open the link,
which proves you just ranted without even reading the article.
For my part, I have observed a marked uptick in reports of "racist graffiti" since Trump was elected. I have also observed an exceedingly large proportion of those reports end up in article like this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/08/us/air-force-academy-racist.html

It is something anonymously sprayed on a bar that has reportedly been around for years (the oldest Irish bar in Kansas or something?). The assumptions and extrapolation required to reach the conclusion contained in the OP report are... stretching, let's say.

So, as something newsworthy, or even threadworthy, or OUTRAGE worthy? 1/10.

rainmaker

Administrator

Trump & his supporters calculatedly whipped up this sentiment for political gain, and his supporters (including the ones on here) were overjoyed that he did so - it's no surprise to see them trying to minimize this sort of thing.

Spanner Island

That is the actual origin of his post.

So you are the dumb ass, for ASSuming you knew what that idiot was referring to and me replying to. You didn't.
You're a dumb ass because the only poster who consistently bangs on about the English being racist and that racism was the predominant reason for Brexit is shiel.

Everyone else can see there are a multitude of reasons while acknowledging racism as one of those many reasons... because it was one of the reasons for some of them... although that doesn't make all English people racist...

Trainwreck

You're a dumb ass because the only poster who consistently bangs on about the English being racist and that racism was the predominant reason for Brexit is shiel.

Which Jack piled on and directed at me. Stop ASSuming you know the context of a post I directed at Jack (who knew exactly what I was referring to).

Now you pile on, with zero knowledge. No bother to me. You end up looking like the spanner.

Jack Walsh

Trump & his supporters calculatedly whipped up this sentiment for political gain, and his supporters (including the ones on here) were overjoyed that he did so - it's no surprise to see them trying to minimize this sort of thing.
States like Missouri have always been pretty racist but not as overt as some of the Southern states
They tended to be faux polite with that Evangelical BS, but it has always been there
Trump just opened it up and made it more acceptable, main stream even
I would holiday in Albania before Missouri

Socratus O' Pericles

Send 'em back to where they come from...

Alphonse

At least the establishment didn't get sucked up by a tornado and land in Oz that sort of thing happens in Kansas

Wascurito

Other breaking International (sic) news! Mickey want's (sic) school boy ****. Call 087176565.
Would that be you? Clearly (going by post #2), you struggle with reading so I wouldn't be surprised to see your knowledge of punctuation is poor too.

New Threads