• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Irish based companies should be allowed to invest in the 3rd world poor

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
It is clear that in some areas of the 3rd World that progress is not being made (especially Africa). Their political systems are unstable and civilisation rudimentary. Yet many of the individual people are clearly of good quality. They would benefit from good education and then could become productive members of society.

Thus I propose that Irish based companies should be allowed to nurture & educate 3rd World children in return for a slice of their future earnings. This clearly would need a legislative framework and the practical implementation would be decided by the demands of the company.

I’m thinking perhaps say that Microsoft might establish an education camp in say Birr (where Fás built /planned all those wasted offices) and aim to create future information workers. These workers would graduate at age 20 with say a debt of €250k- and they’d work this off in say their first 20 years of work (like a mortgage)

This would provide substantially enhanced standard of living for the 3rd World people and also give us more quality workers… a win – win ?

cYp

Last edited:

The Caped Cod

It is clear that in some areas of the 3rd World that progress is not being made (especially Africa). Their political systems are unstable and civilisation rudimentary. Yet many of the individual people are clearly of good quality. They would benefit from good education and then could become productive members of society.

Thus I propose that Irish based companies should be allowed to nurture & educate 3rd World children in return for a slice of their future earnings. This clearly would need a legislative framework and the practical implementation would be decided by the demands of the company.

I’m thinking perhaps say that Microsoft might establish an education camp in say Birr (where Fás built /planned all those wasted offices) and aim to create future information workers. These workers would graduate at age 20 with say a debt of €250k- and they’d work this off in say their first 20 years of work (like a mortgage)

This would provide substantially enhanced standard of living for the 3rd World people and also give us more quality workers… a win – win ?

cYp

Trollin, trollin, trollin, keep them threads a trollin, rawhide!

What are you trying to prove with you weak attempt at Nazi/Fascist apologies. Eugenics threads, racist threads, all under the weakest veneer of some kind of capitalistic logic. Are you out to discredit the capitalists among us today by seeing how many you can get to agree with you?

Last edited:

Sync

I'm guessing you think we should save on airfare and just have them come over here on ships as well Cyberianpan? This is one of the stupider ideas this board has produced.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
This is a political discussion forum where we can discuss ideas

Ireland could implement this as a pilot, and if proven it could then lift hundreds of millions from poverty

However those on the doctrinate economical left don't like any new thing that doesn't either involve
1) Printing money from trees
2) A command and control economy
3) Smoked salmon & champagne for all
4) All electricity to be sourced from the hot air of their “righteous indignation”
And preferably all 4

cYp

liamfoley

I'm guessing you think we should save on airfare and just have them come over here on ships as well Cyberianpan? This is one of the stupider ideas this board has produced.
Trollin, trollin, trollin, keep them threads a trollin, rawhide!

What are you trying to prove with you weak attempt at Nazi/Fascist apologies. Eugenics threads, racist threads, all under the weakest veneer of some kind of capitalistic logic. Are you out to discredit the capitalists among us today by seeing how many you can get to agree with you?
Any chance of a debate? If you don't like threads or ideas forget them name calling isn't necessary.

The Caped Cod

This is political discussion forum, not trolls.ie or nuremburg.de. Your recent threads all have common element. Fascist/Nazi ideology dressed up as some kind of conservative right proposition. Personaly I don't think this is your actual belief, I reckon you're trolling to see who bites.
Right wingers and conservatives beware.

Fusilier

Not too far from it

And the question is would it result in better outcomes for 3rd World children ?

cYp
Eh, there's more to this, as initially its an abhorrent idea. When you consider the debts than some American students run up, the idea of 250k for an education isn't that unusual.

I disagree with the idea though since it focusses on one very needy group, and would really create a group of second-class workers, beholden to private companies, and we have a fairly horrible reputation when it comes to this kind of thing with the people of Africa.

You compared it to a mortgage, well, when you put this on top of a mortgage, you're getting into the territory of crippling, unpayable debt.

Private companies could invest in education in developing countries and benefit from a more well educated workforce, and more developed markets, if they were to go down this kind of route without the moral ambiguity.

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49

cYp
Maybe we could ask the 18 Known Religious Orders to export the Industrial Schools System to these countries. After all these Known Religious Orders know how to exploit ... oops sorry I meant nurture, the small bodies of children for labour. This would be a win-win situation:

We could pile more misery onto Third World countries.
And cyberianpan could practice his unique brand of eugenics.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Eh, there's more to this, as initially its an abhorrent idea. When you consider the debts than some American students run up, the idea of 250k for an education isn't that unusual.

I disagree with the idea though since it focusses on one very needy group, and would really create a group of second-class workers, beholden to private companies, and we have a fairly horrible reputation when it comes to this kind of thing with the people of Africa.

You compared it to a mortgage, well, when you put this on top of a mortgage, you're getting into the territory of crippling, unpayable debt.

Private companies could invest in education in developing countries and benefit from a more well educated workforce, and more developed markets, if they were to go down this kind of route without the moral ambiguity.
Ah

But the issue is that due to political & security instabilities in those countries they cannot attract inward investment

A company looking to make what is say a 30-40 year investment would need to be assured of stability, which only a "safe" country like Ireland could offer

So yes I am proposing lumbering children with say €250k of debt... but they'd get a better life

cYp

toughbutfair

There is logic to the idea.

I knew a guy in the airline industry who his company spent a lot of money training him and if he wanted to leave his job in a certain period of time he'd have to pay them to do so as they invested in him.

Maybe the Africans involved should only incur the debt if they enter into the industry e.g. we'll teach you how to become an engineer (which may take 10 years of education), if you want to be a professional engineer for another company , that other company has to pay the first one xx amount of money (like a football club buying a player from another club).

If the African decides he doesn't want to be an engineer, he doesn't owe anybody and can live as a normal poor African. Obviously restrictions would be required to stop becoming something similar.

toughbutfair

Maybe we could ask the 18 Known Religious Orders to export the Industrial Schools System to these countries. After all these Known Religious Orders know how to exploit ... oops sorry I meant nurture, the small bodies of children for labour. This would be a win-win situation:

We could pile more misery onto Third World countries.
And cyberianpan could practice his unique brand of eugenics.
Okay, just leave Africa as the shiithole it is then.

The Caped Cod

cyberianpan in neg rep comment said:
Debate the issues instead of trolling threads, intolerance with intent to derail is just as bad as TBP
And there you slip, my friend.
so

cYp
Where to start.
What gives you any authority to decide on the merits or level of civilisation of any culture, let alone an entire continent. I suggest you look at a mp of Africa the next time you want to understand it's situation and you will notice it contains a number of untribal like straight lines. This is the cause of much of Africas woew, Imperial colonisation, which is still alive an well, if operating under a different name.

Again with the quality of people. Odd that you judge as you seem to be some one of no quality at all. How productive a member of society can you yourself be when you post thinly disguised Nazi/Fascist ideology all day long.

So Microsoft are an Irish company now are they?

"nurture and educate"? Industrial schools come to mind, and I hardly think €250k to be a mere slice of there future earnings.

And of course the laws governing this system to be made in the interests of the companies involved. Much in the same way the RCC got it's industrial school legislation and IG Farben it's slave camps.

So, you are either a Fascist/Nazi sympathiser, which I doubt, as you rhetoric doesn't ring true, or you are a troll looking for reactions and attention, pretending to be a Fascist/Nazi, which is not much better.

Last edited:

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Where to start.
What gives you any authority to decide on the merits or level of civilisation of any culture, let alone an entire continent. I suggest you look at a mp of Africa the next time you want to understand it's situation and you will notice it contains a number of untribal like straight lines. This is the cause of much of Africas woew, Imperial colonisation, which is still alive an well, if operating under a different name.
What caused their problems is one thing ,that they have they have them is the issue

Again with the quality of people. Odd that you judge as you seem to be some one of no quality at all. How productive a member of society can you yourself be when you post thinly disguised Nazi/Fascist ideology all day long.
It is clear that there has been great evil in Africa (recent dictators etc) - I'm saying that I have faith and known some excellent Africans. I don't think they are all flawed. Your Nazi namecalling fails to make any point on the issues.

So Microsoft are an Irish company now are they?
I said Irish based company and Microsoft has a huge presence here of both people, revenues & holding companies.

"nurture and educate"? Industrial schools come to mind, and I hardly think €250k to be a mere slice of there future earnings.

And of course the laws governing this system to be made in the interests of the companies involved. Much in the same way the RCC got it's industrial school legislation and IG Farben it's slave camps.

So, you are either a Fascist/Nazi sympathiser, which I doubt, as you rhetoric doesn't ring true, or you are a troll looking for reactions and attention, pretending to be a Fascist/Nazi, which is not much better.
In the US for example many people get into hundreds of thousands of debt to pay for college. My proposal is to give African children the same opportunity - and I freely admit it is akin to indentured labour - and not quite "tasteful" or PC - but clearly it has the capacity to largely improve people's lives.

In countries with more political stability - e.g. China - workers work very long hours in conditions that we wouldn't like in The West ... yet they are producing clothes for us. People seem fine with this once it is at arm's length. And I resent an honest proposal being tarred with the "Nazi" brush.

cYp

The Caped Cod

What caused their problems is one thing ,that they have they have them is the issue
Well if you're going to make suggesting ways to help the poor Africans, why have you picked one that would effectively enslave them and keep the status quo of western countries and there puppet dictators robbing the continent blind of it's natural resources at the expense of the native peoples?

It is clear that there has been great evil in Africa (recent dictators etc) - I'm saying that I have faith and known some excellent Africans. I don't think they are all flawed. Your Nazi name calling fails to make any point on the issues.
You proposed sterilising "low quality people" in another thread and you are surprised that other have made the comparison with Nazism? And you don't think "they are all flawed"? How very generous and open minded of you. My pointing out your dressing up of Nazi ideology in conservative capitalism is very relevent to the point and simple name calling. I simply asked you if they were your real beliefs or if ou are, as I suspect, trolling for a response by pretending to hold those beliefs. A question, by the way, you still haven't answered.

I said Irish based company and Microsoft has a huge presence here of both people, revenues & holding companies.
Microsoft is implanted in many countries, why use the word Irish so? Because Ireland would need to legalise endentured servitude or economic slavery in order to allow a company to do that, but afterwards the job should be hnded over to trust worthy multinationals?

In the US for example many people get into hundreds of thousands of debt to pay for college. My proposal is to give African children the same opportunity - and I freely admit it is akin to indentured labour - and not quite "tasteful" or PC - but clearly it has the capacity to largely improve people's lives.
The oppotunity of a life time of debt, or starvation, you are quite generous. A life time of indentured servitude to pay off a debt for something most enlightened people consider to be human rights. It has nothing to do with "PC" and everything to do with Huamn dignity.

In countries with more political stability - e.g. China - workers work very long hours in conditions that we wouldn't like in The West ... yet they are producing clothes for us. People seem fine with this once it is at arm's length. And I resent an honest proposal being tarred with the "Nazi" brush.

cYp
First I doubt there was anything honest in your proposal. Secondly most people are not happy ith the working conditions of people in China, India, Bangledesh or New York city working in sweat shop conditions. I for one make an effort to avoid it when I can, which isn't always possible (which poses other questions). Perhaps you a fine with this, but I and many others are not.
In Saudi Arabia they behead criminals in a public square, do you think it would be OK to do that here.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I think we need to look at companies being allowed to adopt babies

They could be very responsible parents, far better than some of the 2nd / 3rd world orphanages

____

cYp

Bobert

Guinness operated something like this. The off spring of their employees would be raised in the knowledge that a job at Guinness awaited them. The phrase was that "Guinness'll look after ya from the cradle to the grave." Even offering pensions to widows of men who died while employed. So to say it's a horrible idea is just a reactionary sound bite one would expect form this site.

Popular Threads

Most Replies