Irish Central Bank Governor says he thinks Ireland will be getting a bailout

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Irish Central Bank Governor Patrick Honohan has just told Rachel English on RTE's Morning Ireland that he believed Ireland would be getting a bailout and not just for the banks. When pressed how much, he confirms it would be tens of billions.

When pressed to confirm what he said he responded: "my expectation is that it is definitely likely to happen. That's why the teams are there".

Skinner

Bloomberg TV just has this too.

10s of billions figure mentioned.

EUR rising on this announcement too.

vanla sighs

Just confirmed on morning Ireland
Can we take an IMF only loan bypassing the EU Stability Fund? If so our corporation tax rate is secure I'd guess? But even if it's a dual IMF/EU loan we cannot give up the 12.5% rate.

Malbekh

I like Honohan, but consistently he has shown an inability to understand how the media influences national and international issues in their coverage. He really does need to go on a media handling course.

Tea Party Patriot

He would hardly say it off his own bat, I assume the Governor of the CB would be kept fully informed of the talks or is he just speculating?

idle tim

Irish Central Bank Governor Patrick Honohan has just told Rachel English on RTE's Morning Ireland that he believed Ireland would be getting a bailout, when pressed how much, he confirms it would tens of billions.
Wonder has he informed B and B yet.I passed AIB investment Bank last night which i do several times a week,last night was the first time i have seen the building in total darkness.:eek:

powderfinger

Eamon Ryan follows up on Morning Ireland saying it's capital for the banks that you'll put in the back drawer,which will give confidence back to the markets.
This is an economic and sovereign disaster.A testament to the abject failure of government by vested interest.The final shambolic sell out.

SilverLining

I like Honohan, but consistently he has shown an inability to understand how the media influences national and international issues in their coverage. He really does need to go on a media handling course.
In spite of his lack of media training he is likeable, which is unusual enough for someone in his position. The ECB/IMF/EUC should put himin charge of the department of finance. He would have to be better than the current crowd of imbeciles.

vanla sighs

IMF loan in conjunction with the EU
Oh :( Can't we simply take an IMF bailout/loan and bypass the EU? The EU are going to want us to increase our 12.5% rate. I thought there were 3 options, maybe I 'm mistaken:

IMF only
EU only
Combination of both

President Bartlet

Can someone who knows what the f**k they are doing and how to fix the problem please come forward. It is clear that the muppet government, financiers, bankers and economists in this country are not qualified!!!

He3

Eamon Ryan follows up on Morning Ireland saying it's capital for the banks that you'll put in the back drawer,which will give confidence back to the markets.
This is an economic and sovereign disaster.A testament to the abject failure of government by vested interest.The final shambolic sell out.
'Our biggest problem is market confidence' - Ryan.

You could not make this stuff up.

SilverLining

Eamon Ryan the Freeplay Windup Minister who has to know that this is a farce, unless the euphoria of getting power hasn't worn of since that very sad night in the Mansion House.

Cassandra Syndrome

Guten Morgen

Dreaded_Estate

I think he knows exactly what he is doing.

The delaying and denial tactics of the government is doing massive damage to the funding position at the banks. Everyone knows we need a loan and will have to accept it before Monday

Mister men

But but but FF said there was no bailout. Where they telling porkie pies? :rolleyes:

He3

Honohan agreed that there is a drift of deposits from the banks.

Cassandra Syndrome

New Threads

Most Replies