Irish charity meets the Feds ...score is 0-2 (own Goals) FFer Andrews the latest casualty

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
The Feds are pretty tough...score is now 0-2 ...both own Goals

Chief executive resigns as Goal reels from Syria inquiry
Barry Andrews has resigned as chief executive of Goal as the aid agency reels from a US investigation into its multimillion-euro Syria operation, The Irish Times has learned... The chief operating officer, Jonathan Edgar, who was a highly influential figure at the agency
Irish charities eh ? You'll note that all Irish charities that receive state aid tend to have a "Head of Public Affairs" ...basically an ex politician/lobbyist

As happens I suspect that Andrews wanted to do the right thing...but the Irish charity sector is a paragon of bad practice ...so there'd be no community/corporate knowledge of good practice

Even charities that seem to perform vital service...charities that are spoken of glowingly in the media...are quite suspect. One charity that is beloved by the chatterati ...has persistently covered up depravity against someone...but the someone...she's a "non-national" ...and Ireland is the land of Green Jerseys ...so that is deemed fine

cyp

GabhaDubh

Fluff newspaper article, no mention of income, expenditures, number of employees, salaries etc, etc. Typical Irish organisation.

Paddy Sarkozy

The Feds are pretty tough...score is now 0-2 ...both own Goals

Chief executive resigns as Goal reels from Syria inquiry

Irish charities eh ? You'll note that all Irish charities that receive state aid tend to have a "Head of Public Affairs" ...basically an ex politician/lobbyist

As happens I suspect that Andrews wanted to do the right thing...but the Irish charity sector is a paragon of bad practice ...so there'd be no community/corporate knowledge of good practice

Even charities that seem to perform vital service...charities that are spoken of glowingly in the media...are quite suspect. One charity that is beloved by the chatterati ...has persistently covered up depravity against someone...but the someone...she's a "non-national" ...and Ireland is the land of Green Jerseys ...so that is deemed fine

cyp

Read the article but am none the wiser as to what actually went on. But seems clear withouth the yanks it would still be business as usual. Or am I being unfair? Would the Dept of Foreign Affairs have been quick to spot problems and withhold our 10 million (Turkish lira?) funding?

RasherHash

Read the article but am none the wiser as to what actually went on. But seems clear withouth the yanks it would still be business as usual. Or am I being unfair? Would the Dept of Foreign Affairs have been quick to spot problems and withhold our 10 million (Turkish lira?) funding?
The yanks don't like johnny foreigner messing about in 'their' wars.

Unless you've got money or bombs to contribute in the defeat of their latest 'enemy' you've got no business in 'their' war.

That said, I agree all 'charities' (iow financial empires for the well connected) need close scrutiny.

Clanrickard

Delighted. Andrews was a cheer leader for Assad and anti-Israel glad to see him gone. Karma.

Disillusioned democrat

Interesting barb on NewsTalk...Andrews won't be interviewed by NewsTalk but will head to RTE, to meet the family, so to speak, for an interview.

Good to see RTE playing its bit for "investigative" journalism...exposing the rot and corruption in the charity sector OR maybe a soft focus interview with the cousin/brother-in-law/God father, who knows.

PeaceGoalie

Assad, Andrews and Asinine Comments

Clanrickard is wrong. Goal works exclusively with the terrorist from their Turkish bases. Andrews has spoken in schools in Longford and elsewhere calling for a no fly zone and a ground invasion. Goal hosted the Caesar fake photo exhibition and had it on their main web page for months. Goal are hard line rebel supporters. To say that Andrews supports the lawful government of Syria and does not support the terrorists is plain wrong.
What obviously happened is that the Goal mob ended up on the wrong side of a feud between different racketeers the West arms and funds. Assad and the forces of law and order have nothing to do with it.;

Disillusioned democrat

Nice to see Barry Andrews doing what he does best - when the going gets tough, he bails out.

Maybe he's not going to RTE to give an interview at all - maybe he's going to get interviewed for a job in the families "other" business.

hammer

It is indeed.

I have decided to donate only to SVdeP and MQI.

I hope they stay honest.

Went off Focus Ireland when I saw the salaries and read that they have refused multiple properties.

daveL

You can take the man out of FF but you can't take FF out of the man...

I think that's how the old saying goes anyway.

Another example of failed corporate governance.

PeaceGoalie

Not only did Andrews get money from the good children of Ballinamuck Catholic school under false pretenses but he lied to them that Goal must leave the politics to one side and concentrate on the humanitarian aspect. This is in direct marked contrast not only to the rest of his Longford Leader diatribe but also to his subsequent recorded talk at Dublin's University College Dublin where he praised Irish-born American war hawk Samantha Power, where he castigated Russia and Syria (because “mass murder by a government require intervention”), and where he admitted to entering Syria illegally with his terrorist cronies, fixers and handlers.
Andrews droned on about barrel bombs and claimed that “Assad” is worse than ISIS as “Assad” targets universities and hospitals”, and that the surrender of his chemical weapons is not enough.
Goal hosted Caesar photos, a pro terrorist propaganda hoax paid for and propagated by Qatar. Goal's exhibition, which has toured selected high profile outlets in most NATO and Syrian front line countries, was put on in collaboration with SAFMCD, one of numerous but totally unrepresentative CIA affiliated Syrian rebel affiliated front groups and with the terrorist front group the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces, which includes such notables as internationalwar criminal Ahmad Jarba, who personally oversaw the mass 2013 executions of Syrian Armenians in Kassab and Alawites in the Greater Latakia region, which even his USA sponsors and Human Rights Watch allies had to
condemn as the war crimes that they were.
Quite why, money and connections apart, a controversial Irish NGO in supposedly neutral Ireland, would so closely associate with and so shamelessly promote such blatant terrorist
propaganda and so directly associate themselves with notorious war criminals must now be explained, preferably in a criminal court where Andrews, David Adams and the others can explain themselves.

sadcitizen

Not only did Andrews get money from the good children of Ballinamuck Catholic school under false pretenses but he lied to them that Goal must leave the politics to one side and concentrate on the humanitarian aspect.
Good username. Are you involved in charity work?

flavirostris

Woohoo.. So many of these rejected FF'ers found homes in the charidee sector.

Everytime I get on a plane, I have to look at Peter Power shilling for Unicef.

im axeled

It is indeed.

I have decided to donate only to SVdeP and MQI.

I hope they stay honest.

Went off Focus Ireland when I saw the salaries and read that they have refused multiple properties.
fair play to you glass hammer

Equinox

Delighted. Andrews was a cheer leader for Assad and anti-Israel glad to see him gone. Karma.
Andrews, like Colm O'Gorman in Amnasty and Finlay in Bernados is part of a new breed of 'charity' CEO which is a product of SJW entryism. About two decades ago the regressive left correctly identified the charitable sector as ripe for entryism, which would allow them to press their ideological agendas from respected and well paid positions in organizations with high level access to government policy shapers.
They need to be rooted out to keep their poison from spreading. I'm delighted to see Andrews come a cropper and I hope that sombody with an intrest in helping people rather then pressing their BS political agenda's replaces him, but I don't have much hope of that. The entryism has become so indemic in the sector that you can be sure his successor will be of the same gene pool.
This is why I've been dropping my support for charities with well paid CEOs and giving instead to organizations like Brother Kevin Crowley's Capuchin Day Center, where everybody is an unpaid volunteer.

New Threads

Most Replies