Irish citizen captured fighting with ISIS

Ireland is Different!

Never one to waste an opportunity, the IT have called today in an editorial for the monocultural Gardai to become less white in order to make friends with the new Irish in the Muslim population

The Irish Times view on the Isis arrest: policing the terror threat
But the challenges posed by international Islamist extremism are more complex. The language barrier alone, to say nothing of the cultural differences the Garda must overcome when investigating suspected Isis sympathisers, recruiters, financiers and fighters should not be underestimated. And the near monoculturalism of the Garda leaves it ill-equipped to build relationships with the Muslim community....
....By recruiting more Muslim members, the Garda would be better able to maintain the trust of the Muslim community and harvest intelligence from them, thereby minimising radicalisation and the potential threat posed by it

Buchaill Dana

You would need to be very special to get that from that.

But there is a lot of special in this thread

jmcc

tsarbomb

It was inevitable that this was going to happen sooner or later given how we throw citizenship out to people so easily. This will only widen the gulf between `Irish passport holders` on one hand and real Irish people on the other. Hopefully he's brought back here so more people can realize how huge a mistake it is to hand out passports to people with incompatible cultural backgrounds, like this Muslim

Herr Rommel

Funny how the morons in the "Irish" Times use such phrases as "the Muslim community". It is like they don't even consider Irish muslims to be Irish.
Muslim put religion above nations especially when they are spreading out and expanding.

Politics matters

Funny how the morons in the "Irish" Times use such phrases as "the Muslim community". It is like they don't even consider Irish muslims to be Irish.
Well, that would be correct of them to think that, would it not?

The only Irish Muslims are those red-headed bearded loons converts you see or the white Irish tramps who get with the Muslim men and covert.

Other than the above, no such thing as an Irish Muslim, Ibrahim Hawala, for instance, the Muslim extremist sympathiser is NOT Irish.

BACKTOBASICS

There is no such thing as 'new Irish'.

So who are the 'old' Irish then?

The English language is being bastardised.

They are simply not Irish.

This is only another word like 'Travellers' & 'settled' to keep the liberal politically correct happy in their outer world view of humanity.

BACKTOBASICS

It was inevitable that this was going to happen sooner or later given how we throw citizenship out to people so easily. This will only widen the gulf between `Irish passport holders` on one hand and real Irish people on the other. Hopefully he's brought back here so more people can realize how huge a mistake it is to hand out passports to people with incompatible cultural backgrounds, like this Muslim
Under no circumstances should he be brought back to Ireland. Revoke his citizenship and return him to his country of origin. His type should never be assisted or welcomed back here - responsibility will rest on Varadkar's decision.

jmcc

Muslim put religion above nations especially when they are spreading out and expanding.
It is the cheap recycled commentary from the "Irish" Times that is the issue. They were saying the same thing about the "Nationalist community" in the North without ever realising that the Nationalist community were Irish and that the Unionist community wanted to be British. It is just the same pseudo-intellectual wibbling for which the "Irish" Times is famous. The "Irish" Times has no credibility on the issue and has a long history of being anti-Irish.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
making dual citizenship a perilous proposition.
I think you can make an argument that holding dual citizenships should come with some peril.

bormotello

Under no circumstances should he be brought back to Ireland. Revoke his citizenship and return him to his country of origin. His type should never be assisted or welcomed back here - responsibility will rest on Varadkar's decision.
I don't think that Lukashenko will take him back
BTW
View attachment 1550

Ireland is Different!

Sure he wanted to help fellow Muslims and was only going for the 3 month, kinda like a J1. And of course, you'd take the wife and kid into a 5hit storm like that for the 3 months!
And then ISIS grabbed him and forced him to drive ambulances which was kinda lucky for him as they could have made him a fighter

Irish citizen held in Syria says he is not IS fighter
When arrested, Bekmirzaev said he had lived in Ireland for over a decade and was granted Irish citizenship in 2010.
As the Syrian war raged in 2013, he said he lost his job in Ireland and moved to Syria, followed by his wife and then 10-month-old son.
He was detained in December on suspicion of fighting for IS.
But speaking from where he is being held in northern Syria, he has claimed he was not a fighter, insisting that he worked as an ambulance driver.
The man also said he wanted to go back to Ireland.
Fair play to Alan Shatter, he was all about the immigrants!
He said he travelled back to Belarus in 2010 to get married but subsequently had trouble getting a visa for his wife: "We get married in December 2010. Four months we live together, then I come back to Ireland in March 2011. I applied for a visa for her. The Irish Government refused.
"They said maybe it was fake married. I make an appeal. They refused my appeal. I wrote to the Minister of Justice and explained him that this is my wife and that’s how I get married… Alhamdulillah (thank God) the Minister of Justice he believed my story, he said ‘okay get your wife and you can bring her to Ireland’." [sic]
And fair play to the Irish taxpayer, the Great Givers!
He said that at this time he had lost his job in Ireland during the recession:
"At this point I was working as security in a menswear shop. So in 2012 I went to Belarus for 3 days, I take my wife and bring her to Ireland. After a couple of days I have to go back to work. But they told me that they have to let me go because they have no work. I stayed at home.
"In Ireland if you lost a job you can go to the social welfare and the government will supply you.

OrderoftheDragon

I see this toerag wants to come "home"......he's not Irish and never will be let him fu3k off.

Lagertha

This guy didn't even have the courage of his convictions. He claims that he lost his job and moved to Syria to help the Syrian people, followed by his wife and infant child. Nobody chooses to move to a war torn country to ''help'', unless by help they mean take part in terrorist activities. This guy is not Irish, never was and never will be, let him rot where he is or send him home to his country of origin and let this be a lesson to the powers that be that we should not be handing out citizenship to anyone who wants it simply because they can afford to buy an Irish passport.