• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Irish citizen captured fighting with ISIS

Stentor

Some people saw this issue at the very start. I Very few on this site or in the media generally until it happened. Anyway.

I think yer wan just wasn't down for shopping. Shopping, in her view, just couldn't replace the old on yer knees with mouth open for shyte swallowing routine.
It did for about 90% of the proles here but she was different. She just had to go get more of that submissive fix. Good for her.

What to do. What to do.

How about facing justice in the jurisdiction in which she operated. Syria or Iraq should be able to handle this. In fact they need to do it to get closure. Be good for Ireland if they hang her from a crane imo. Be entertaining anyway.

Her kids can come home. Tusla be handling that. Foster care whatever.

Then again, maybe best for the kids to remain there. A lot of kids get raped and abused in care here.

Pyewacket

Simple and easy solution would be hang them for war crimes.

Problem solved and a strong message sent out to the rest of the world.
OK, genius, tell us about the internationally accepted definition of war crimes, and who exactly has been hanged for them.

And I am warning you, this in itself is one big legal tangle, as someone who calls himself "Herr Rommel" should be well aware.

Politics matters

I'm giving you my opinion, I don't consider children who weren't born in Ireland to be Irish, if you choose to be offended by that then feel free to lace that bitch up and wear it.
If they are of Irish ancestry of course they are Irish.

Lagertha

Ladies and gentlemen whose children were born abroad, your children are not Irish. They are foreign nationals with Irish born parents. The fact that the Irish government says otherwise is neither here nor there. When people acknowledge your foreign born children as being Irish they are merely humouring you, what people say to your face and what they think privately are two very different things. If you wanted your children to be Irish then you should have had them in Ireland. A foreign born child is a foreign born child, a piece of paper giving those children Irish citizenship doesn't make them Irish. No amount of foot stamping and ranting will change the fact that your foreign born children are not Irish.

Pyewacket

Ladies and gentlemen whose children were born abroad, your children are not Irish. They are foreign nationals with Irish born parents. The fact that the Irish government says otherwise is neither here nor there. When people acknowledge your foreign born children as being Irish they are merely humouring you, what people say to your face and what they think privately are two very different things. If you wanted your children to be Irish then you should have had them in Ireland. A foreign born child is a foreign born child, a piece of paper giving those children Irish citizenship doesn't make them Irish. No amount of foot stamping and ranting will change the fact that your foreign born children are not Irish.
Jesus, bet you're a hit at kids birthday parties. :)

Seriously, I get the whiff of sour-faced misery off you.

Pyewacket

Sad that you are so deluded.
Me? Look whatever you think is Irishly Irish, if you are an example of it, then you are in one hell of a minority. No one is interested in your ramblings. You will get no votes, you will get nothing. Just a handful of "likes" from people as marginal as yourself. :)

Buchaill Dana

If I gave birth to a child in another country I would not consider that child to be Irish, likewise giving Irish citizenship to anyone who can afford to buy it does not make them Irish. It's a nonsense to pretend that a child born in a different country is an Irish citizen. I've no interest in where Irish women have babies. The best thing to do with all the children born to these Jihadi brides is to remove them from their mothers and have them adopted so that the mothers don't get to destroy their children's lives by indoctrinating them. The whole point of having those children was to breed more soldiers for the caliphate. Frankly, I'd put a bullet in the head of every woman and child in those camps.
Yeah, but you are a menta
I'm giving you my opinion, I don't consider children who weren't born in Ireland to be Irish, if you choose to be offended by that then feel free to lace that bitch up and wear it.
But you are a proven racist.

The rest of us will disciss reality if thats ok?

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
OK, genius, tell us about the internationally accepted definition of war crimes, and who exactly has been hanged for them.

And I am warning you, this in itself is one big legal tangle, as someone who calls himself "Herr Rommel" should be well aware.
There shouldn't be much trouble finding evidence of War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity, but tying them to a particular individual might be a problem. As for hanging, unfortunately, few if any people have been hanged for war crimes since the aftermath of the last War. The International Criminal Court doesn't hand down death sentences.

Pyewacket

There shouldn't be much trouble finding evidence of War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity, but tying them to a particular individual might be a problem. As for hanging, unfortunately, few if any people have been hanged for war crimes since the aftermath of the last War. The International Criminal Court doesn't hand down death sentences.
It's nice that you replied, but I was interested in Herr Rommel's thoughts.

petaljam

Except you don't make the law, so the foot stamping is all yours, lol. Because no matter how often you repeat this, it's simply not the case. So I can afford to be amused by your fort stamping rather than offended never mind concerned.

So I wasn't asking you for your opinion on what my children's nationality is - because I know what it is : it's Irish.
I was actually trying to ascertain what you think should be how nationality is transmitted or acquired. And unfortunately you seem to be all over the place on that.

So let's try to clarify - yet again. And if you could skip the rants and just reply, I'd appreciate it.

If foreign-born children should not be entitled to the nationality of their parents, but only that of the country where they were born, then that would make a child of Nigerian immigrants born in Ireland but then brought up mostly in Nigeria more Irish than those of an Irish couple who as employees of the Irish diplomatic service had all their children abroad but who have strong family connections with Ireland so that the children spent summers there and perhaps even went to boarding school and university in Ireland. Are you sure about that?

Secondly, you seem not to distinguish between legal and illegal immigrants. Again, are you really sure that is a sensible stance? Because it means that all an illegal immigrant has to do is give birth in Ireland, and by your logic not only are they impossible to expel because they are the parent of an Irish child, but that child is more Irish than any of the many Irish people I know who were born abroad but who grew up in Ireland when their parents moved home.

Seems... odd.

Lagertha

Except you don't make the law, so the foot stamping is all yours, lol. Because no matter how often you repeat this, it's simply not the case. So I can afford to be amused by your fort stamping rather than offended never mind concerned.

So I wasn't asking you for your opinion on what my children's nationality is - because I know what it is : it's Irish.
I was actually trying to ascertain what you think should be how nationality is transmitted or acquired. And unfortunately you seem to be all over the place on that.

So let's try to clarify - yet again. And if you could skip the rants and just reply, I'd appreciate it.

If foreign-born children should not be entitled to the nationality of their parents, but only that of the country where they were born, then that would make a child of Nigerian immigrants born in Ireland but then brought up mostly in Nigeria more Irish than those of an Irish couple who as employees of the Irish diplomatic service had all their children abroad but who have strong family connections with Ireland so that the children spent summers there and perhaps even went to boarding school and university in Ireland. Are you sure about that?

Secondly, you seem not to distinguish between legal and illegal immigrants. Again, are you really sure that is a sensible stance? Because it means that all an illegal immigrant has to do is give birth in Ireland, and by your logic not only are they impossible to expel because they are the parent of an Irish child, but that child is more Irish than any of the many Irish people I know who were born abroad but who grew up in Ireland when their parents moved home.

Seems... odd.
I haven't even bothered to read your post, all it will be is deluded nonsense that your foreign born kids are Irish, they aren't Irish, they never were and they never will be. They are the nationality of whatever country they were born in, sorry that you are so desperate for them to be something that they aren't. I've no doubt that you'll continue to live in denial, sticking your fingers in your ears and saying I can't hear you when people challenge your delusions. I'll simply remind you that people don't believe that foreign born children are Irish, they merely humour parents who are ridiculous and desperate enough to believe otherwise. What they think privately is, ''jaysus, the fecking state of yer man/wan, them kids are no more Irish than they are Swahili'', now stop boring the arse off people.

Pyewacket

I haven't even bothered to read your post, all it will be is deluded nonsense that your foreign born kids are Irish, they aren't Irish, they never were and they never will be. They are the nationality of whatever country they were born in, sorry that you are so desperate for them to be something that they aren't. I've no doubt that you'll continue to live in denial, sticking your fingers in your ears and saying I can't hear you when people challenge your delusions. I'll simply remind you that people don't believe that foreign born children are Irish, they merely humour parents who are ridiculous and desperate enough to believe otherwise. What they think privately is, ''jaysus, the fecking state of yer man/wan, them kids are no more Irish than they are Swahili'', now stop boring the arse off people.
There, there, love, get all that anger and rage and disappointment with your life out. :)

Pyewacket

Awh, are you another ''my kid wasn't born in Ireland but is Irish'' loon? :ROFLMAO:
Nope, just interested to see how far you will go with this.

I mean you sound like a dotty old bag I would cross the street to avoid and I can't imagine you do have many friends and family hanging on your every word. :) The sort of nasty old sour-faced trout who announces "Jaysus, her kids aren't Irish, sure they weren't born here, whatever that Maureen thinks of herself" is the type I and all the other kids used to piss ourselves laughing at 30 years ago.

Nothing much has changed, Laggie.

Lagertha

Nope, just interested to see how far you will go with this.

I mean you sound like a dotty old bag I would cross the street to avoid and I can't imagine you do have many friends and family hanging on your every word. :) The sort of nasty old sour-faced trout who announces "Jaysus, her kids aren't Irish, sure they weren't born here, whatever that Maureen thinks of herself" is the type I and all the other kids used to piss ourselves laughing at 30 years ago.

Nothing much has changed, Laggie.
Oh dear, I appear to have hit a nerve. Poor diddums. :ROFLMAO: