Irish citizen captured fighting with ISIS

Emily Davison

Ladies and gentlemen whose children were born abroad, your children are not Irish. They are foreign nationals with Irish born parents. The fact that the Irish government says otherwise is neither here nor there.
Are you entirely nuts. You're going to decide which laws are not valid because you're a racist. And you actually want to go back to women from Africa or Romania or wherever arriving into Ireland ready to give birth as happened before they changed the law on Irish citizenship.

Emily Davison

Except you don't make the law, so the foot stamping is all yours, lol. Because no matter how often you repeat this, it's simply not the case. So I can afford to be amused by your fort stamping rather than offended never mind concerned.

So let's try to clarify - yet again. And if you could skip the rants and just reply, I'd appreciate it.
I think she's entirely so crazy with racism she actually believes her own nonsense. Which reminds me I need to get a new Irish passport for my youngest so I'll ring the Irish embassy here for the application form.

Last edited:

petaljam

And you actually want to go back to women from Africa or Romania or wherever arriving into Ireland ready to give birth as happened before they changed the law on Irish citizenship.
This is what's so funny - by Lagertha's logic, children of Irish couples born abroad are the nationality of wherever they were born - including if the parents were only there temporarily, or even illegally it seems!

What are the odds that Lagertha doesn't realize that's a two-way thing, as it means that children of Nigerian or Romanian etc mothers who sneaked into the country illegally would also get the same (Irish) birth right accorded to them?

It's really quite amusing to see. Anyone whose response is "I didn't read your post but I disagree" plus a smidgeon of assorted abuse presumably does so because they know what inextricable knots they've tied themselves up in so as to maintain their cognitive dissonance. Because it sure as heck won't convince anyone else! :)

Herr Rommel

Possibly, but on what evidence? The first few (Shamima Begum and Jennifer W) have been stupid enough to dob themselves in by their own big mouths, but that won't go on for long. And even then they could probably make a defence that they were exaggerating or under duress etc, depending on the context.
They went out there willingly so should share the fate of their men folk. I’m not going to be upset over dead Isis followers man woman or child.

Emily Davison

It's really quite amusing to see. Anyone whose response is "I didn't read your post but I disagree" plus a smidgeon of assorted abuse presumably does so because they know what inextricable knots they've tied themselves up in so as to maintain their cognitive dissonance. Because it sure as heck won't convince anyone else! :)
Yeah that was clear as a bell that she did read it but refused to acknowledge the total flaws in her own nonsense. Like she refused to answer the nationality of the girl from the UK stripped of her citizenship which another poster asked her.

petaljam

Yeah that was clear as a bell that she did read it but refused to acknowledge the total flaws in her own nonsense. Like she refused to answer the nationality of the girl from the UK stripped of her citizenship which another poster asked her.
Well by Lagertha's logic it's simple, Shamima Begum has never even been to Bangladesh, where her parents are from, so clearly she's English. Even if the law says otherwise apparently.

Lagertha

Well by Lagertha's logic it's simple, Shamima Begum has never even been to Bangladesh, where her parents are from, so clearly she's English. Even if the law says otherwise apparently.
It's really sad that a moderator is intent on derailing a thread because a poster refuses to accept that moderators foreign born children as being Irish. :ROFLMAO:

Lagertha

...says you...

The law says otherwise.
As I said earlier, most people will smile politely and nod in agreement when someone insists that their foreign born child is Irish because both parents are Irish, but privately they are laughing their arses off at those parents. The law is an ass, as they say, being entitled to citizenship because of a parents nationality does not make a child born abroad Irish. If a child is born in another country it is the nationality of the country of birth. The fact that the parents of those children are unable to deal with that reality is quite sad and they really shouldn't be encouraged in their delusion. Anything to contribute to the thread or are you too busy cleaning Petaljams sphincter with your tongue?

petaljam

The law is an ass, as they say, being entitled to citizenship because of a parents nationality does not make a child born abroad Irish. If a child is born in another country it is the nationality of the country of birth. The fact that the parents of those children are unable to deal with that reality is quite sad and they really shouldn't be encouraged in their delusion.
So Shamima Begum is English, then? Her parents think so. And now she's getting legal aid to help her make that claim, and presumably you'll be hoping the law finds in her favour?

Last edited:

Lagertha

So Shamima Begum is English, then?
She was born in Britain so that makes her British national, she has dual Bangladeshi citizenship which is why the British government were able to strip her of British citizenship. That decision is being appealed at great cost to the British taxpayer, the majority of whom don't want her to return to Britain. You see the difference here? she was born in Britain which makes her British, even though she wouldn't describe herself as holding British values, quite the opposite really, while your children weren't born in Ireland therefore they are not Irish, regardless of the laws on that, nobody who was not born in this country is truly Irish.

petaljam

She was born in Britain so that makes her British national, she has dual Bangladeshi citizenship which is why the British government were able to strip her of British citizenship. That decision is being appealed at great cost to the British taxpayer, the majority of whom don't want her to return to Britain. You see the difference here? she was born in Britain which makes her British, even though she wouldn't describe herself as holding British values, quite the opposite really, while your children weren't born in Ireland therefore they are not Irish, regardless of the laws on that, nobody who was not born in this country is truly Irish.
Lol what a mix up you've got yourself into there. :)

You said the law was an ass, so for about the third time, why don't you just tell us what you think, not what you think the law might or should say.

By your logic, she's not just British, she's English. Right? Or not?

(She doesn't actually have dual citizenship, FWIW, she simply has, like my children, the right to her parents' nationality which is not that of her birth country. But that isn't the issue here, since you disagree with that concept. And moreover unlike my children, she has chosen not to avail herself of that right. A right which you think she shouldn't have anyway. Because she's English, right? 🤣)

Buchaill Dana

As I said earlier, most people will smile politely and nod in agreement when someone insists that their foreign born child is Irish because both parents are Irish, but privately they are laughing their arses off at those parents. The law is an ass, as they say, being entitled to citizenship because of a parents nationality does not make a child born abroad Irish. If a child is born in another country it is the nationality of the country of birth. The fact that the parents of those children are unable to deal with that reality is quite sad and they really shouldn't be encouraged in their delusion. Anything to contribute to the thread or are you too busy cleaning Petaljams sphincter with your tongue?
Christ, now you speak for the majority?

Lagertha

Lol what a mix up you've got yourself into there. :)

You said the law was an ass, so for about the third time, why don't you just tell us what you think, not what you think the law might or should say.

By your logic, she's not just British, she's English. Right? Or not?
It's not me who is mixed up. It was you who referred to her as English, I said that if she was born in Britain she is a British citizen. Your children were not born in Ireland and are only legally considered Irish because of their parentage. What the law says and what the people of Ireland think are often two very different things. You really need to get over your delusion. I tell you what, next time that you are down in the pub you tell your friends that your kids who were born abroad but are really Irish and you watch as they try to mask their real opinions from their face while they politely humour you.

petaljam

It's not me who is mixed up. It was you who referred to her as English, I said that if she was born in Britain she is a British citizen. Your children were not born in Ireland and are only legally considered Irish because of their parentage. What the law says and what the people of Ireland think are often two very different things
Lol that's my point. Why are you unable to to say that Shamima is English?
It's the only logical conclusion for someone who says that a child born outside of Ireland is not Irish, but is the nationality of their country of birth.
So, a child of Bangladeshi parents born outside of Bangladesh is not Bangladeshi, right? So Shamima Begum must be English. According to your logic, and no matter what the law (which you say is an ass) says.

You really need to get over your delusion. I tell you what, next time that you are down in the pub you tell your friends that your kids who were born abroad but are really Irish and you watch as they try to mask their real opinions from their face while they politely humour you.
You're good value for the money anyway, I'll give you that!

I don't care in the least what passports my adult children hold. Currently the eldest has three but he's a bit of a magpie anyway, was always collecting stuff when he was a kid.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies