• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Irish citizen captured fighting with ISIS

jimbohane

It's interesting to see that RTE are turning away from Clonskeagh mosque for their Muslim slots. I heard the Imam talking about how even doctors and taxi drivers fast for 17.5 hours every day during Ramadan, well if I've got someone operating on me or driving me somewhere I don't want them to be food deprived. It is not a healthy practice and it was fine while they were in the desert herding goats but this is the 21st century where life is faster.
This is what our western leaders should be calling for an end to and until such time as it happens no Mosques should be allowed to be built in Europe or any other part of the world that is not controlled by Islam. Its fairly short and well worth a read especially by those mods who haven't a clue what the religion they are so desperate to promote entails.

reg11

This is what our western leaders should be calling for an end to and until such time as it happens no Mosques should be allowed to be built in Europe or any other part of the world that is not controlled by Islam. Its fairly short and well worth a read especially by those mods who haven't a clue what the religion they are so desperate to promote entails.
You want a crack the whip approach to dealing with Islam in the West. Do you ever ask yourself what has happened to Western societies that they now feel threatened by a religion such as Islam? If one can get an answer to that, wouldn't it then be a better approach to make the necessary changes so that people by their own volition won't opt for something as destructive and seemingly crazy as radical Islam? Objectively there should be no competition but pathetically there is.

Lagertha

Oh come off it, the wild child is strong in you. You call yourself after a female Norwegian warrior, an amazon. There may be something there about her possible desire for subservience to men though I doubt it since she chose a career in the defence forces. Is it any wonder you hate her when so want to slay them. You're dying for a showdown, aren't you?
That's an awful lot of assumptions for one post. We aren't discussing her career in the defence forces, although her conversion to Islam occurred while she was in the defence forces as was pointed out by her concerned colleagues who were silenced about it by their superior officers. She chose to join a religion where a woman has literally less worth than a man in every sense of the word. A woman must walk behind her husband, her evidence is worth less in legal matters than that of a woman. A religion where a woman is forced to obey her husbands will. A religion that sees everyone who isn't a Muslim as being worthy of death. It isn't me who is looking for a showdown, I didn't fly off to Syria to drop my knickers for a murderous c u n t in order to breed jihadists for Allah. I'd have absolutely no problems whatsoever with every man woman and child in those camps being executed though.

reg11

That's an awful lot of assumptions for one post. We aren't discussing her career in the defence forces, although her conversion to Islam occurred while she was in the defence forces as was pointed out by her concerned colleagues who were silenced about it by their superior officers. She chose to join a religion where a woman has literally less worth than a man in every sense of the word. A woman must walk behind her husband, her evidence is worth less in legal matters than that of a woman. A religion where a woman is forced to obey her husbands will. A religion that sees everyone who isn't a Muslim as being worthy of death. It isn't me who is looking for a showdown, I didn't fly off to Syria to drop my knickers for a murderous c u n t in order to breed jihadists for Allah. I'd have absolutely no problems whatsoever with every man woman and child in those camps being executed though.
Are you forgetting that it's a woman who chose this religion? If this thread teaches us anything it is that such people can flit from one type of extremism to it's superficial opposite no problem. She may not give a fiddler's f**k about Islam for all we know, something else may have pressed her buttons.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Are you forgetting that it's a woman who chose this religion? If this thread teaches us anything it is that such people can flit from one type of extremism to it's superficial opposite no problem. She may not give a fiddler's f**k about Islam for all we know, something else may have pressed her buttons.
I suspect that's unlikely. She may change her mind at some point, but it's hard to credit that someone - who isn't a violent psychopath - would volunteer to go to Syria unless they believed they were taking part in something of cosmic religious significance.

reg11

I suspect that's unlikely. She may change her mind at some point, but it's hard to credit that someone - who isn't a violent psychopath - would volunteer to go to Syria unless they believed they were taking part in something of cosmic religious significance.
Plenty of cases have demonstrated that a belief in a sense that one is personally taking part in something of cosmic religious significance isn't required to act out one's violent inner psychopath.

Obviously in the past people were more likely to keep such inclinations in check. What has happened? The answer to that is obviously closer to home but some would rather not have us look there. Why?

Setantawatchl

Apologies, I was under the impression that the silly left hated Jews but the extreme right are exactly like them.

Ardillaun

There has long been a discussion about the relative ‘masculinity’ of various religions:

There is both a male and a female principle in any religion, but usually one or other principle is to some degree more prominent. Judaism is, in (I think) obvious ways, a more “masculine” religion than Christianity or Buddhism; the Old Testament more “masculine” than the New; and within Christianity, Protestantism is more “masculine” than Catholicism. Islam strikes an outside observer as the most “masculine” of all the big faiths.
I have recently been reading Paul Scott’s series of novels about the last years of British India. It’s hard not to notice that the British rulers of India, especially the military men, rather favored Muslims over Hindus. You get the same impression from Kipling’s stories, and from George MacDonald Fraser’s Flashman books. There was a perception that Hinduism was a bit snivelly, pacifistic, commercial, and lower-middle-class.

A more extensive ranking might look like this:

Animism, Sikhism, Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Judaism, Buddhism.

I think he’s wrong about modern Judaism although Israel may offer evidence to the contrary. The first two, Animism and Sikhism, are very macho but they aren’t looking for converts so Islam stands out there.

Recruitment to Jihad reminds me a little of the French film Lacombe Lucien where a young man sets out to join the French Resistance and ends up in the Gestapo. Violence, purpose and belonging were the keys; the specific details of doctrine beyond that weren’t so important.

Last edited:

Lagertha

Oh for goodness sake will you wake up and smell the coffee. She is what she is an evil bitch extremist who should be strung up from the nearest tree. I really don't get why you find it so difficult to accept that she is scum who wanted to breed jihadists for Allah, instead you want to portray her as some sort of mentally ill naive victim who really didn't know what she was doing, are you a relative of hers by any chance? The last thing this country needs is useful idiots trying to advocate for scum like her.

reg11

Oh for goodness sake will you wake up and smell the coffee. She is what she is an evil bitch extremist who should be strung up from the nearest tree. I really don't get why you find it so difficult to accept that she is scum who wanted to breed jihadists for Allah, instead you want to portray her as some sort of mentally ill naive victim who really didn't know what she was doing, are you a relative of hers by any chance? The last thing this country needs is useful idiots trying to advocate for scum like her.
I'm not related to her but you must know her very well judging by how definite you are about her?

Aren't we all a combination of good and evil? What caused the evil to flourish in this woman, in your opinion? We already know about the possible faults in her personality that have been listed by posters, but there has to be a context which gave reason for them to be expressed in such barbaric madness. Have you any idea what they may have been?

reg11

There has long been a discussion about the relative ‘masculinity’ of various religions:

A more extensive ranking might look like this:

Animism, Sikhism, Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Judaism, Buddhism.

I think he’s wrong about modern Judaism although Israel may offer evidence to the contrary. The first two, Animism and Sikhism, are very macho but they aren’t looking for converts so Islam stands out there.

Recruitment to Jihad reminds me a little of the French film Lacombe Lucien where a young man sets out to join the French Resistance and ends up in the Gestapo. Violence, purpose and belonging were the keys; the specific details of doctrine beyond that weren’t so important.
Couldn't he have taken up boxing? Well they didn't have MMA in those days.

I haven't seen that film but it got great reviews, so I've bookmarked it. Thanks.

Those keys you've mentioned were at the personal level but surely there was a context, so what was it?

Ardillaun

Couldn't he have taken up boxing? Well they didn't have MMA in those days.

I haven't seen that film but it got great reviews, so I've bookmarked it. Thanks.

Those keys you've mentioned were at the personal level but surely there was a context, so what was it?
Lacombe was rejected by the local Resistance leader because he was too young. Enraged, he betrays this man to the Gestapo and is recruited by them.

Lagertha

I'm not related to her but you must know her very well judging by how definite you are about her?

Aren't we all a combination of good and evil? What caused the evil to flourish in this woman, in your opinion? We already know about the possible faults in her personality that have been listed by posters, but there has to be a context which gave reason for them to be expressed in such barbaric madness. Have you any idea what they may have been?
You call it evil I call it opportunity. Why is it so hard for you to understand that she did what she did because she enjoyed it? She enjoyed the kudos she got for being a foreigner who came over to marry a jihadist and breed little scumbags for Allah. She enjoyed being in a position of power over other people who were weaker and more vulnerable. She believes that she is better than everyone who isn't a Muslim and she will raise her child to be even more fundamentalist about Islam than she and it's father are and were.

She is what she is and now she's being coached to pretend that it's a mistake and that she's really sorry and just wants to come ''home''. But only days after being put in the camp she was shouting that ISIS wasn't finished yet. Look at the London Bridge jihadist who was being monitored by MI6, he was under surveillance and still managed to murder innocent people, if MI6 can't cope with these people do you seriously believe that the Gardai are going to be able to monitor them? There's no mystery to why she did what she did, there's nothing to be gained by bringing her back here. She will cost us a fortune and as soon as she gets the chance she'll bite the hand that feeds her.

Buchaill Dana

Could you do us all a favour and give the Garda a call. You clearly have intimate information about this woman and case they need.

Last edited:

reg11

You call it evil I call it opportunity. Why is it so hard for you to understand that she did what she did because she enjoyed it? She enjoyed the kudos she got for being a foreigner who came over to marry a jihadist and breed little scumbags for Allah. She enjoyed being in a position of power over other people who were weaker and more vulnerable. She believes that she is better than everyone who isn't a Muslim and she will raise her child to be even more fundamentalist about Islam than she and it's father are and were.

She is what she is and now she's being coached to pretend that it's a mistake and that she's really sorry and just wants to come ''home''. But only days after being put in the camp she was shouting that ISIS wasn't finished yet. Look at the London Bridge jihadist who was being monitored by MI6, he was under surveillance and still managed to murder innocent people, if MI6 can't cope with these people do you seriously believe that the Gardai are going to be able to monitor them? There's no mystery to why she did what she did, there's nothing to be gained by bringing her back here. She will cost us a fortune and as soon as she gets the chance she'll bite the hand that feeds her.
There sure is a mystery to why she did what she did. There may be a lot to be gained by bringing her back home. We could find out how and why she became radicalised, thus helping in the prevention of it happening again. More importantly, she could lead a trail to others who've managed to avoid being in the spotlight.

You seem to think that her total motivation was her devotion to radical Islam but isn't it likely that there's a traitorous element? Which was the stronger?

Her story could be very interesting or maybe not?

Lagertha

There sure is a mystery to why she did what she did. There may be a lot to be gained by bringing her back home. We could find out how and why she became radicalised, thus helping in the prevention of it happening again. More importantly, she could lead a trail to others who've managed to avoid being in the spotlight.

You seem to think that her total motivation was her devotion to radical Islam but isn't it likely that there's a traitorous element? Which was the stronger?

Her story could be very interesting or maybe not?
I've made my position clear and you'd have to be extremely naive to believe that she'd give the names of her colleagues to the authorities. This is a woman who is extremely committed to ISIS, she only wants to come back because her husband is dead and she was captured, if that wasn't the case she'd still be happy to continue what she was doing. She is dangerous and is being housed with the more extreme, violent and dangerous wives. This woman should be imprisoned for life if she ever gets brought back. I'm reminded of the story of the Scorpion and the Frog.

reg11

I've made my position clear and you'd have to be extremely naive to believe that she'd give the names of her colleagues to the authorities. This is a woman who is extremely committed to ISIS, she only wants to come back because her husband is dead and she was captured, if that wasn't the case she'd still be happy to continue what she was doing. She is dangerous and is being housed with the more extreme, violent and dangerous wives. This woman should be imprisoned for life if she ever gets brought back. I'm reminded of the story of the Scorpion and the Frog.
No you're not making yourself clear at all. Now you're claiming she's a woman of principle.

I think she warrants a long imprisonment for joining ISIS but let's hear her story first. The Kurds have been courageous enough . She's our problem that was inflicted on them so we should deal with her.

Lagertha

No you're not making yourself clear at all. Now you're claiming she's a woman of principle.

I think she warrants a long imprisonment for joining ISIS but let's hear her story first. The Kurds have been courageous enough . She's our problem that was inflicted on them so we should deal with her.
Wow, if you actually believe that I implied in any way that she is a woman of principle then you are truly deluded. As far as I'm concerned the world would be a better cleaner and safer place if the camps she and the rest of her filthy scumbag brethren are in were bombed and raised to the ground annihilating every single one of them.

toughbutfair

In war you kill your enemy. I don’t support taking prisoners, paying money to. Keep them, rehabilitation etc if you hang her she will not be a threat anymore. Just because public hangings were done away with doesn’t make them wrong. Also, the most advanced country in the world (USA) has executions so it has nothing to do with civility .

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies