Irish connection to the London Attacks

Mushroom

better still. they should invite your ma & da to the "meet up".
You're a very cruel man! Surely A-móan's and long-nosed Lynn's parents have suffered enough without having to endure the humiliation of meeting a couple of parents who did things right?

TheWolf

You're a very cruel man! Surely A-móan's and long-nosed Lynn's parents have suffered enough without having to endure the humiliation of meeting a couple of parents who did things right?
What?
Are you posting from the bin in the abortion clinic?

amsterdemmetje

Also I will add, that when the Garda's attention is drawn to a radical, they usually deal with it well , except that they are critically under resourced in financial crime and cyber analysts

Also their overt community policing is pretty good (if perhaps under funded)

The real barn door though is not enough independent clandestine action , developing their own leads and so on (both in the real world, and via cyber). That unfortunately is something that is hobby level activity for some SDU and IDF

The next big problem is no quality intelligence analysis and co-ordination function. This investigation will have needed to rapidly liaise with DSP, DFA, Revenue etc .

Also to be clear, in no way do I think it acceptable that extra funding , powers etc can be given to the Garda whilst Nóirín O'Sullivan and her cadre remain in place

cyp
Can you give us a few examples of this?

amsterdemmetje

One was Irish-based. There are over 60,000 Muslims in the Republic, the vast majority of whom are peaceful, law abiding and make a valuable contribution to the state. There is nothing wrong with condemning attacks by stupid people on some of their number who were engaged in the lawful, peaceful practice of their religious rites. There is plenty wrong with those who try to minimize the effect of the behaviour of thugs who attack vulnerable minorities.
Plenty wrong also with those who would seek to minimize the atrocities carried out against civilians in France, Belgium,Sweden ,Germany and the UK by a minority of fanatics, hell bent on waging Jihad.
BTW there was one "attack" by some stupid cant or cants.

irishproduce

I tell you what, the ease with which this guy operated in obtaining back door access to UK and by extension Europe if he wished, Ireland's hand at the brexit border discussions is going to be under pressure. Ireland would want to get it's shît in order if it wants to be taken seriously. Peoples lives are at risk over this lax infrastructure.

PeaceGoalie

I tell you what, the ease with which this guy operated in obtaining back door access to UK and by extension Europe if he wished, Ireland's hand at the brexit border discussions is going to be under pressure. Ireland would want to get it's shît in order if it wants to be taken seriously. Peoples lives are at risk over this lax infrastructure.
The Brits must impose a hard border to keep the Muslamic bombers out. These Muslamics do not belong here and should not be here but too many politicians are on their payroll.

The_SR

The Brits must impose a hard border to keep the Muslamic bombers out. These Muslamics do not belong here and should not be here but too many politicians are on their payroll.
Will someone ban this flute already

Mushroom

What? Are you posting from the bin in the abortion clinic?
Wonders will never cease! The above post (which is passably witty) was written by Johnny Turdmuncher who has repeatedly claimed that I am in his 'ignore' list!

Felixness

There are 20,000 identified radicals in the UK, of which about 3,000 are under constant surveillance. That's a lot of people to keep track of. Meanwhile Ireland has 30 'identified' radicals.
The guy who drove a truck through the Christmas market in Germany had been investigated 7 times and was deemed by security services as being a very low risk. We've heard some of the spokesmen for some of the Irish mosques speaking this week and saying that Ireland is a safe haven for extremists and that they are aware of people in their community who support the actions of the jihadists. We have the 2 main Garda unions stating that their members are neither trained or resourced properly to tackle the terrorism threat, then we have Frances Fitzgerald and the Garda Commissioner come out and basically call them liars. I no more believe the latter 2 any more than I believe that our security services could respond to a terrorist incident within 8 minutes.

TheWolf

The guy who drove a truck through the Christmas market in Germany had been investigated 7 times and was deemed by security services as being a very low risk. We've heard some of the spokesmen for some of the Irish mosques speaking this week and saying that Ireland is a safe haven for extremists and that they are aware of people in their community who support the actions of the jihadists. We have the 2 main Garda unions stating that their members are neither trained or resourced properly to tackle the terrorism threat, then we have Frances Fitzgerald and the Garda Commissioner come out and basically call them liars. I no more believe the latter 2 any more than I believe that our security services could respond to a terrorist incident within 8 minutes.
A Garda rep, not sure of his name, claimed this morning that if an attack happened on O'Connell Street, his men and women would be able to respond in 3 minutes!!
I sh1t you not!

Druidess

The rock thrown through the window of the Galway mosque gives the Irish left a convenient "look-over-there" opportunity to avoid having to comment on the Irish connection to the London attacks.
I know....seems they are more worried about rocks allegedly thrown through a mosque window than they are about the fact that people minding their own business are now regularly getting killed for Allah in the UK.

Over the last number of years, some (mostly unpopular) commentators have said Europe's migration policies will lead to the importation of a fifth column of people who are hostile to us and who will eventually try and destroy our way of life. Ayaan Ali Hirsi is among the best known. I wouldn't have entirely agreed with them, but I must say events of the past number of months have made me change my mind.

TheWolf

I know....seems they are more worried about rocks allegedly thrown through a mosque window than they are about the fact that people minding their own business are now regularly getting killed for Allah in the UK.

Over the last number of years, some (mostly unpopular) commentators have said Europe's migration policies will lead to the importation of a fifth column of people who are hostile to us and who will eventually try and destroy our way of life. Ayaan Ali Hirsi is among the best known. I wouldn't have entirely agreed with them, but I must say events of the past number of months have made me change my mind.
The problem with having a pop at 'the left' is that they've not been the ones in power.
The responsibility for what's going on here lies completely at the feet of FFG and their labour sidekicks.

madmullah

In todays Irish Times there is an article that raised very serious questions about the capacity of the state to respond to a terrorist attack. The article mentions a lack of meaningful cooperation between the garda and defense forces particularly at command level. There are probably historical and cultural roots to this divide going back to the 30s and perhaps a degree of gate keeping and attempts at resource capture by both organizations. However regardless of the reasons these need to be set aside and a degree of pragmatism be brought into the equation . There also needs to be some form of political leadership that can address the inertia and vested interests in both organizations.
It is obvious that good intelligence service is required if attacks are to be prevented or predicted. The current situation where there are two separate organizations both operating with very limited resources need to be reexamined. Perhaps not a single agency but at least closer coop between both.
At the ground level the Gardaí will probably be the first on the scene. My limited experience with Gardaí in the 70s indicated that most were almost afraid of being in the presence of never mind even handling a firearm. This needs to change and all gardai should have some firearm training though not necessarily be armed. The complete dependency on the ERU or other armed units to address every armed or dangerous situation from a guy with a syringe to a bunch of terrorist armed with AKs is over optimistic. As it appears that the most effective response to the terrorists type attacks is to kill the perpetrators it will be a challenge for an organization with a training and culture of unarmed law enforcement to respond with sufficient aggression.
At a ground level in the capital it seems ridiculous that with approximately 3- 4000 troop based in Dublin , a rapid response military unit cannot be on the available on a 24/ 7 basis.
One infantry battalion or similar unit having one company on a monthly rotation .
One platoon ( say reduced to 25 ) on standby for a period of say 7 days with a 24 hr mobile presence of say 8 personnel in two vehicles in the city. Direct communications with Garda and on continuous ATCP status. The remaining 2 sections when not on mobile based at a barracks resting, fully armed to respond when required. Another platoon training for a terrorist attack, etc on a normal 9-5 day with perhaps a night exercise. The final platoon normal duties. After one week on permanent standby then platoon has weeks rest off.
Of course this would perhaps require a revamp of the military organization. Far too many guys doing admin, directors of this and that and definitely too top heavy when it comes to senior officers and no of units. Is there really a need for a cavalry corp. when in effect the Df have no real cavalry assets. What contribution to defense and security does the equitation school make? etc etc
Obviously similar if more modest resources may be required in other parts of the country.
I recall in the 70s when there was a much larger DF and also higher ATCP demand there was a regular command stand to available on a 24 hour basis. Unfortunately probably nothing will happen even after a terrorist attack.

venusian

Why bleat about the imagined "left"? The state of justice and policing and the now partially exposed Garda sleaze and corruption is completely and utterly down to FFG's policies since they have been in government. Decades of incompetence, but don't worry vacuous windbag Vardakar has used the full strength of the state and his Stasi powers to seek and destroy imaginary social welfare fiddlers.:roll: whilst according to news reports their are 150 radicalised jihadis here. Rome will burn whilst FG fiddles!

Irish ex-radical says 150 extremists operating here | Irish Examiner
An Irishwoman who converted to Islam and became radicalised in Britain claims there are 150 extremists operating in Ireland.

Mick Mac

Why bleat about the imagined "left"? The state of justice and policing and the now partially exposed Garda sleaze and corruption is completely and utterly down to FFG's policies since they have been in government. Decades of incompetence, but don't worry vacuous windbag Vardakar has used the full strength of the state and his Stasi powers to seek and destroy imaginary social welfare fiddlers.:roll: whilst according to news reports their are 150 radicalised jihadis here. Rome will burn whilst FG fiddles!

Irish ex-radical says 150 extremists operating here | Irish Examiner
An Irishwoman who converted to Islam and became radicalised in Britain claims there are 150 extremists operating in Ireland.
Two reactions possible here:

She has highlighted the depth of the fascist threat in Ireland and having been on the inside her testimony should be needed, or

How convenient is this timing. This is clearly part of the anti Muslim movement that the wider west is pushing. The terrorists want us to believe they are a threat. We should ignore this stool pigeon.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
Last edited:

The_SR

popular1

Two reactions possible here:

She has highlighted the depth of the fascist threat in Ireland and having been on the inside her testimony should be needed, or

How convenient is this timing. This is clearly part of the anti Muslim movement that the wider west is pushing. The terrorists want us to believe they are a threat. We should ignore this stool pigeon.
I do not know how many radicalised Muslims there are in Ireland
But I know a lot of Muslims very well
From Lebanon Algeria Syria Morocco etc
I do know that they can come into Ireland easy through the back door
I know 2 brothers living here for circa 10 years who brought
Their brother in by driving from Lebanon last year
I know 3 asylum seekers who were accepted who basically just lied
And we're granted asylum easily, these 3 I don't think are dangerous
But it just shows how easy it is for anyone to come here

Some of these guys are not fervent Muslims and would not keep Ramadan
But they tell me they are often challenged by fellow Muslims for not doing do

New Threads