Irish Consulate in their first NYC Gay Pride March

Cruimh

Without the search facility I cannot tell if this has been mentioned on an active thread, but I think it is worth one in its own right.

All welcome to Irish Consulate's first NYC Pride March

The Consulate team preparing for the Pride Parade. NUALA PURCELL
The Irish Consulate in New York is taking part in the annual Pride March in Manhattan for the first time on Sunday, June 24, and is welcoming all who wish to march behind the consulate’s banner in the parade.
A press release issued by the consulate said, “Led by friends at the Irish LGBT group Lavender and Green Alliance, who have flown the Irish flag in the March since 1994, the consulate will come together with many other Irish business, sporting, cultural and heritage organizations to celebrate the diversity of the global Irish family.

“The day will mark a milestone day of human rights progress for Ireland, as it marks exactly 25 years since the decriminalization of homosexuality by the Irish state, and just over three years since Ireland became the first country to legalize same-sex marriage by popular vote in 2015, the same year the Gender Recognition Act was passed to support Ireland’s transgender population.”
For those unable to attend:

The consulate welcomes all who are interested in taking part in the march. To register and receive more information, visit https://www.lavenderandgreenalliance.org/events/2018-nyc-lgbt-pride-parade.

The consulate will contact all who register to confirm arrangements. The staging area will be at 1 p.m. on Sunday at 16th Street between Seventh and Eighth Avenues.

If you want to lend your support but are unable to attend the parade, you can join us live from the Irish float on IrishCentral's Facebook page at 1.30pm (EST) on Sunday, June 24.
I remember some were upset about the ROI soccer team's Rainbow soccer strip - is this really appropriate use of time and resources by the Irish Consulate?

Sync

Sure. The issue with the football shirts was the requirement to keep politics out of football. There's nothing wrong with Ireland's political arms promoting a political/social point of view. If people don't like that, they can vote for new politicians.

Cruimh

Sure. The issue with the football shirts was the requirement to keep politics out of football. There's nothing wrong with Ireland's political arms promoting a political/social point of view. If people don't like that, they can vote for new politicians.
Is the function not to assist and protect Irish Citizens in the USA and to facilitate trade and friendship between the Irish and American Peoples?

Roll_On

Is the function not to assist and protect Irish Citizens in the USA and to facilitate trade and friendship between the Irish and American Peoples?
Why do you care how that Irish state choses to express it's self internationally?

GDPR

Why do you care how that Irish state choses to express it's self internationally?
Could it be that he believes that by natural right he should be part of the ruling elite of the Republic of Ireland but that this role has been stolen from him a Popish plot back at the start of the last century?

sadmal

Could it be that he believes that by natural right he should be part of the ruling elite of the Republic of Ireland but that this role has been stolen from him a Popish plot back at the start of the last century?
You never give up do you?

Roll_On

This is a discussion site. Are you trying to cesnor me?

Should the state - any state - be promoting aspects of people's private lives?
The Irish state seeks to use it's influence to promote equality (only in countries where it is safe to do so mind). This is a reasonable political aim. Your state promotes it's own interests abroad also, often through extremely barbaric and violent acts. The Irish state is more than entitled to demonstrate it's support for the American LGBT community.

I am not seeking to censor you, I just don't get why a not Irishman cares about Ireland's diplomatic efforts. Varadkar has committed to spending more money on the consulates across the world to promote Irish business and culture, I'd imagine this type of thing will be part of same.

Roll_On

I do enjoy you posts Ratio.
I believe the likes of Cruimh, if they were honest with themselves, actually don't identify with the UK state at all and when found far from home will quickly throw the green jersey on, rainbow stripes and all, take out the golden harped passport and demand service at the Irish consulate.

GDPR

You never give up do you?
Oh come on most Ulster folk, and this goes for both tribes, don't have much interest in anything much outside of Ulster, a Loyalist taking such a massive interest in the ROI is extremely odd.

benroe

Without the search facility I cannot tell if this has been mentioned on an active thread, but I think it is worth one in its own right.

I remember some were upset about the ROI soccer team's Rainbow soccer strip - is this really appropriate use of time and resources by the Irish Consulate?
I think we should all get behind or government in this all too predictable virtue signalling exercise.

GDPR

I do enjoy you posts Ratio.
I believe the likes of Cruimh, if they were honest with themselves, actually don't identify with the UK state at all and when found far from home will quickly throw the green jersey on, rainbow stripes and all, take out the golden harped passport and demand service at the Irish consulate.
You are right that they aren't interested in mainland Britain as such outside of it being a tribal fleg. I'm sure he would be happy to do the things you say if he could be convinced that doing so showed tribal dominance.

sadmal

Oh come on most Ulster folk, and this goes for both tribes, don't have much interest in anything much outside of Ulster, a Loyalist taking such a massive interest in the ROI is extremely odd.
So what's your excuse? You're a Ulster woman even if you have now moved on but you can never resist the urge to get a dig in at Cruimh just 'cos he's a Prod and a Unionist.

Do you really want this site to be full of people just like you?

GDPR

So what's your excuse? You're a Ulster woman even if you have now moved on but you can never resist the urge to get a dig in at Cruimh just 'cos he's a Prod and a Unionist.

I am a Unionist so why would I have a go at him for being a Unionist? Most of the time I completely ignore Cruimh which I cannot say that he does the same to me.

Socratus O' Pericles

I think its great, well done, top marks all around.

Cruimh

Does anybody really believe Ratty is any kind of Irish Person, male or female, from either side of the border?
I suspect it is a reject from the Westboro Baptist mob looking for a niche....

Socratus O' Pericles

Does anybody really believe Ratty is any kind of Irish Person, male or female, from either side of the border?
I suspect it is a reject from the Westboro Baptist mob looking for a niche....
A computer simulation in my view, settings turned to peak narcissism and theology but performance at consistency and credibility level compromised...as I was just saying to Petros Karasaridis as we sipped a flask of ouzo at the entrance to the secret cave overlooking the Ionian Sea and discussed the next moves for The Theives In Black.

The Field Marshal

- is this really appropriate use of time and resources by the Irish Consulate?
Not appropriate.
Most Americans and other countries disagree with the advocacy proposed by these deviant groups.

Watcher2

The issue about the Irish team jersey was that that was sport and the rainbow colours is political. The consulate is purely political, so yeah, this would be appropriate in that context. I belive appropriate full stop but there are a few God botherers posting here who likely dont think it appropriate at all at all.

Watcher2

This is a discussion site. Are you trying to cesnor me?

Should the state - any state - be promoting aspects of people's private lives?
Jaysus relax. You were just asked a question. Like you said, its a discussion site. Your response on the other hand appears to be framed in order to shut down any dissent to your point of view.

Popular Threads

Most Replies