Irish drinks that are hard to find on tap in Irish pubs

The Rahenyite

A few Irish drinks that are hard to find on tap in your regular pubs in Ireland (bar a few localities)

Harp(tends to be popular in areas like Dundalk and most of Northern Ireland. Was once common on all pub taps but not anymore)

Clonmel 1650(you get it in the odd Dublin pub tho it's dear for a beer made in Ireland, €5.50 in some places. I was enjoying it for a while when it was €3.50 in the Shakespaere pub on Parnell St but then they jacked it up to €5. Shame it isn't sold in cans in off licences)

Murphy's Stout(hard to find in Dublin pubs, would be common in Cork where it originated. Great Stout)

McArdle's Ale(I haven't had it but noticed it in a pub near me)

I'm sure there's a few others people will think of. It's a shame you don't see more Irish drinks on tap. Instead we're stuck with horrible beers on tap like Budweiser and Coors.

Niall996

A few Irish drinks that are hard to find on tap in your regular pubs in Ireland (bar a few localities)

Harp(tends to be popular in areas like Dundalk and most of Northern Ireland. Was once common on all pub taps but not anymore)

Clonmel 1650(you get it in the odd Dublin pub tho it's dear for a beer made in Ireland, €5.50 in some places. I was enjoying it for a while when it was €3.50 in the Shakespaere pub on Parnell St but then they jacked it up to €5. Shame it isn't sold in cans in off licences)

Murphy's Stout(hard to find in Dublin pubs, would be common in Cork where it originated. Great Stout)

McArdle's Ale(I haven't had it but noticed it in a pub near me)

I'm sure there's a few others people will think of. It's a shame you don't see more Irish drinks on tap. Instead we're stuck with horrible beers on tap like Budweiser and Coors.
Remember Beamish Stout 'you'll notice the change.' (change being 20p back!)

The Rahenyite

Remember Beamish Stout 'you'll notice the change.' (change being 20p back!)
Funny I forgot to mention Beamish in the initial post and I'm a Beamish drinker! It's fifty fifty in pubs. Depends on demand in the area. Guinness has well and truly conquered the stout market.

farnaby

Funny I forgot to mention Beamish in the initial post and I'm a Beamish drinker! It's fifty fifty in pubs. Depends on demand in the area. Guinness has well and truly conquered the stout market.
I'm a Guinness drinker but regret Murphys disappearing from Dublin taps over the years. Is it market demand - or powerful distributors limiting supply of competing brews?

Bill

I'm a Guinness drinker but regret Murphys disappearing from Dublin taps over the years. Is it market demand - or powerful distributors limiting supply of competing brews?
Probably a bit of both, didn't weatherspoons have some issues with distributors when they setup first?

The_SR

Harp has been replaced by Hophouse.

Clonmel is swill, no loss.

between the bridges

Water...

Lonewolfe

Ahh that's Bass!

The cheapest swill in Ireland and unsurprisingly, Bertie's favourite drink!

Lonewolfe

The new Smithwicks blonde and pale ales are fine drinks. Widely available on draught now.

Clanrickard

The Rahenyite

I agree with Bill's comment and it's also probably demand.

Not an Irish beer but Bass is a drink that was once in all Irish pubs but now very rare.

On Murphy's Stout I know of two places in the city that do it, the Lord Edward in Christchurch and O'Shea Hotel on Gardiner St.

The Rahenyite

Ahh that's Bass!

The cheapest swill in Ireland and unsurprisingly, Bertie's favourite drink!
[video=youtube;L10k2UKsc8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L10k2UKsc8Y[/video]

Tis a quality drink!

The Rahenyite

Harp has been replaced by Hophouse.

Clonmel is swill, no loss.
Not really. Hophouse just came in as an extra tap in many pubs not taking over a previous beer. Guinness owning Hophouse probably did a cheap deal for it to be on tap in most/all pubs where Guinness would already be on tap . I've been going to pubs for 10 years and a Harp tap is extremely rare.

amsterdemmetje

Hophouse is shyte as is most other craft beers making the rounds in this country the problem is their all to bloody hoppy . You couldn't pay me to drink them, it's a good Stout or Belgian beer for me at home .

redneck

I never see Murphy's stout on sale anymore.

New Threads

Most Replies