Irish edition of Sunday Times online?

drbob1972

delete

drbob1972

aggressivesecularist said:
drbob1972 said:
Why the hell that? I'm just asking if the Irish edition of the Sunday Times has a website?

Give your reasons, or keep your nonsense to yourself.
i deleted my comment as i placed it in the wrong thread, i didn't mean delete the topic......

isn't it a bit early for righteous indignation also ? :mrgreen:

and btw the ST online changed last year to having a UK edition and an international edition, no specific Irish or other editions any more....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/global/

fergalr

aggressivesecularist said:
Is it hopeless?
There's always the nuclear option of paying €2.50 a week for the bulky pleasure.

TradCat

The trouble is you can read the non-Irish content on-line so you are paying for a paper you have half-read already.

Bobb

Hard to believe that anyone would miss Liam Fay, the fat ugly git :D

fergalr

Bobb said:
Hard to believe that anyone would miss Liam Fay, the fat ugly git :D
Do you only read the comely journalists? I think his pieces are quite good.

twtone

I have encountered a parallel problem.

I use yahoo! as my home page. However, a couple of weeks ago I was shifted from yahoo.com to yahoo UK.

No one asked me if I wanted this change. Now if I try to open yahoo I am automatically shunted to yahoo UK.

I don't want yahoo UK as my home page. I want yahoo.com.

The yahoo UK news section is full of inanities about celebrities and Manchester United. I'm not interested. I want US and world news.

What idiots at yahoo think that Dublin is in the UK?

Solipsist

twtone said:

I use yahoo! as my home page. However, a couple of weeks ago I was shifted from yahoo.com to yahoo UK.

No one asked me if I wanted this change. Now if I try to open yahoo I am automatically shunted to yahoo UK.

The yahoo UK news section is full of inanities about celebrities and Manchester United. I'm not interested. I want US and world news.

I think hotmail tried that a few months back also but most Irish people preferred a .com to a .co.uk address

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
They used to have such a link months ago but I likewise have failed to come across it since. Oh well just have to go next door and perform the nuclear option of paying 2 euro for it as a previous poster said.

drbob1972

twtone said:

they don't but as much of the internet is routed via UK (from an Irish perspective) this can often mean that the traffic appears to be UK in origin, also a lot of the IP address ownership blocks (CIDR) are part of larger UK blocks, so that if your a BT/ IOL, etc customer for example they believe you to be in the UK.....

also there are the also marketing people in MNC's who simply regard UK/I as the same place and just use .co.uk for it all....

MPH

As mentioned when the Times redid their site someone in their infinite wisdom thought doing away with the online regional sections was a brilliant idea, as it was in keeping with the scaling back of the paper regional versions they were doing at the same time. Unless there is a concerted lobby of Irish readers demanding that the Irish online content be reinstated, what you see is what you get. Which ain't much beyond the London version, sadly.

RBinge

Amazingly after the vote. They must have thought that P.ie was doing a good enough job without them :p

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Be warned. If this is anything like the subscription offer on the Times in the UK they'll insist that you telephone them and hang around on hold on their queueing system waiting to cancel the subscription.

If you email them they'll tell you that you have to speak to an 'advisor' on the 'phone- the same people who will keep you on hold.

I cancelled my direct debit and told them to stuff their customer line.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies